PDA

View Full Version : MOE Carbine Stock

kpwill
04-14-2009, 1:19 PM
Is the Magpul MOE Carbine Stock a good stock for my BCM mid length upper I managed to order yesterday? Its out of stock but bravo's page for it is http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-MOE-Stock-Black-p/mag400%20%20black.htm Just to make sure my research is right, I would need a Carbine Action Spring, Carbine Buffer, and 6 position buffer tube right? Or I could just go with this kit which should have it all included? http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/M4-Stock-Milspec-p/stock%20m4%20milspec%20black%20-%20gen2.htm Can someone that has them post any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Number 2
04-14-2009, 1:23 PM
Yes it's a good stock, basically a CTR without the additions. I've got one trying to find MOE handguards now though.

P.W.
04-14-2009, 1:24 PM
You can use whatever AR & M4 style fixed or collapsible stock you desire as long as you have the right buffer tube and springs for your lower. It all depends on how you want the rifle to feel but I've found that a CTR or collapsible works great w/ Mid length Uppers, hell even 20Inchers as well... Its all up to you but that combo will work just fine:thumbsup:

technique
04-14-2009, 1:55 PM
since you asked for thoughts, here is mine.

I have noticed several knowledgeable folks all say the same thing about the MOE. And I agree. The MOE is a CTR w/o all the features. So essentially it is just a normal stock made by magpul, and because it's made with the magpul name it cost more than a "normal" stock and doesn't offer anything more than a "normal" standard carbine stock.....except from afar it looks like you bought a CTR.

ghost_ix
04-14-2009, 2:06 PM
I heard they have less wobble or play compared to a standard collapsible stock (5/6 pos.), but obviously not as tight as a CTR due to the lack of a friction lock.

Ducman
04-14-2009, 2:20 PM
^ this one.

kpwill
04-14-2009, 3:23 PM
thx for the help guys

spdrcr
04-14-2009, 5:12 PM
since you asked for thoughts, here is mine.

I have noticed several knowledgeable folks all say the same thing about the MOE. And I agree. The MOE is a CTR w/o all the features. So essentially it is just a normal stock made by magpul, and because it's made with the magpul name it cost more than a "normal" stock and doesn't offer anything more than a "normal" standard carbine stock.....except from afar it looks like you bought a CTR.

I'd disagree that it doesn't offer anything more than a "normal" standard carbine stock. I replaced a standard Rock River carbine stock with a Magpul MOE and the fit when extended is much tighter and I like the rubber butt pad better than the plastic end on the standard stock. To me it's worth the extra $30. It's all personal preference but it is different than a standard carbine stock.

Rommel
04-14-2009, 5:28 PM
I have a MOE stock on my 20 inch upper and while it sort of feels off balance while holding it with one hand, but when you shoot it you don't even notice that. Works great, looks great, I would buy again!

Data
04-14-2009, 5:32 PM
My MOE has a little bit of wobble in it when not fully collapsed which I find annoying. I'll probably give the CTR a try to see if that solves the problem.

technique
04-14-2009, 6:17 PM
I'd disagree that it doesn't offer anything more than a "normal" standard carbine stock. I replaced a standard Rock River carbine stock with a Magpul MOE and the fit when extended is much tighter and I like the rubber butt pad better than the plastic end on the standard stock. To me it's worth the extra $30. It's all personal preference but it is different than a standard carbine stock.

Well, like I said I was interested in one. I never thought I would find a SOPMOD at a good price. I almost gave up, thats when I started shopping around. I asked around mostly with people that I knew and I know handle a lot of different products. This is where I started hearing what I stated earlier. I then compared CTR vs. MOE (Don't you love doing stuff like this? I do.) outta the boxes, then felt both mounted on different but similar rifles. I guess I can agree that the MOE may be a bit tighter. However things will loosen with use anyway. But like you said you do get a few more little things for the extra $30.:)

My MOE has a little bit of wobble in it when not fully collapsed which I find annoying. I'll probably give the CTR a try to see if that solves the problem.

CTR will wobble less.:thumbsup: