PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company's email timing SUCKS

dboy4ever
04-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Since I signed up for the "in stock" alert email for their middy upper, I've received 2 such emails, both sent between 5:30PM and 6:30PM, exactly the time I'm driving home or just got home. The latter of the email was sent out yesterday, which opportunity I missed again.

Given that BCM is located in the Central time zone, it makes even less sense they'd pick this hour to send out the emails. Why can't they email everyone during the working hours, when we're all more likely to be on our computers?

I plan to write them a complaint but I want to hear what you guys think first.

missiontrails
04-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Probably because they don't need to. They sell out in minutes either way.

Fjold
04-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Since I signed up for the "in stock" alert email for their middy upper, I've received 2 such emails, both sent between 5:30PM and 6:30PM, exactly the time I'm driving home or just got home. The latter of the email was sent out yesterday, which opportunity I missed again.

Given that BCM is located in the Central time zone, it makes even less sense they'd pick this hour to send out the emails. Why can't they email everyone during the working hours, when we're all more likely to be on our computers?

You want to complain about what time of the day that they send out email updates?

I think........................... never mind, I don't want to be banned.

Shane916
04-14-2009, 12:17 PM

If this is the biggest problem in your life. I'd say things are going quite well :)

djleisure
04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
If this is the biggest problem in your life. I'd say things are going quite well :)
Couldn't have said it any better... :rofl2:

berto
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Sometimes they sell early, sometimes they sell late. They can't make everybody happy every time.

They email once the items go on sale. The owner posts a heads up about a half-hour beforehand on a different forum.

Missing out isn't the end of the world.

bwiese
04-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Such emails may well be issued after inventory database is updated at end of a workday.

lawaia
04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Such emails may well be issued after inventory database is updated at end of a workday.

Ding, ding, ding!!!! We have a winner!!!!:)

technique
04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm on the E-mail list too. I often check in anyway. With Brovo, you have to be but real late....the Eastcoasters get all the good deals it seems. The inventory is always updated 3-4am our time.

Bill is correct on this issue.

dboy4ever
04-14-2009, 3:02 PM

This makes sense... Guess I was being a crybaby

mls343
04-14-2009, 4:36 PM
Man, I sure am glad my gun shop came through with a very nice, brand spanking new 14.5 CMMG upper for me today. I guess the only bad part is that I now have the 16 Del-ton upper that does not have a lower...

What to do; what to do?

cryptkeeper
04-14-2009, 4:49 PM
I love the system when I get one. Hate it when miss out.

a1fabweld
04-14-2009, 9:12 PM
Man, what a business to be in. You are so busy that you actually stop answering the phone, completely sell out of your product in 15 minutes tops while limiting products to one item per customer, & have a never ending backorder list. Life is good for the folks at BCM! I had missed probably 6-8 of "the product you wanted is back in stock" emails from BCM & right when I was about to write off the chance of ever being able to own a BCM upper, I was lucky one day & actually on the computer when the email hit. I ordered 4 of their midlength uppers so I would never have to deal with that whole thing again. I should have bought a lotto ticket that day! And they say we are in a recession.:rolleyes:

missiontrails
04-14-2009, 9:38 PM
My middy will arrive Monday, and for $600 or so, I might let you talk me out of it. I will wait indefinately for the next one:) That way you don't need to worry about catching those e-mails in rush hour traffic.

JeffM
04-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Man, what a business to be in. You are so busy that you actually stop answering the phone, completely sell out of your product in 15 minutes tops while limiting products to one item per customer, & have a never ending backorder list. Life is good for the folks at BCM! I had missed probably 6-8 of "the product you wanted is back in stock" emails from BCM & right when I was about to write off the chance of ever being able to own a BCM upper, I was lucky one day & actually on the computer when the email hit. I ordered 4 of their midlength uppers so I would never have to deal with that whole thing again. I should have bought a lotto ticket that day! And they say we are in a recession.:rolleyes:

Or you're still paying rent and payroll while you can't get the parts from the various vendors and manufacturers you depend on, so you're loosing money most of the time to make it up when you can put something out on the market. Add that to all the PITA customers who think they have a right to the product and don't like the way you run your business, even if it might be the most efficient for you. :rolleyes:

chickenfried
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey Dboy,
Don't mind the haters. This is actually an easy fix. The time you receive bravo company's email updates is based on the time at which you registered to receive their email alerts. Reregister with bravo company, two hours earlier than the previous time. Your emails should start arriving in the time window you desire.

Trust me I've been I've been working with email systems for 42 years, I know how these things work.

TwitchALot
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
I actually got one of those Middy's (it was my first attempt to do so), and here's my advice to you.

First of all, check the AR15 Industry forum (BCM section, obviously) and look at the thread regarding availability of uppers. Paul will post a smiley face similar to :) a few minutes before the uppers are released on the website. If this thread is monitored often (or better yet, you are an arfcom member and can subscribe to the thread to see updates quickly), you will know the uppers are coming BEFORE they are released on the website. Obviously, this gives you a significant advantage.

Second of all, have friends, and check that thread constantly, and have your friends do the same. And if they're willing, have them ready to pay and do all the stuff for you if, for some reason, you can't make it to a computer in time. Do NOT rely on e-mail alerts. Although mine would have come in time for me to order anyway, a big reason why I think I made it was because my friend was checking the thread and saw it before my e-mail came in. I still would have been in time I think, but definitely don't rely on the e-mails. Other people had their e-mails come in after they sold out, which leads to..

Thirdly, Paul has discussed the e-mail issue on the industry website. In short, the e-mails are sent out at the same time, but the theory is the e-mails actually being sent out are restricted by the ISP. They have a long list of e-mail addresses to send to, and even though the notification is sent out all at once, the ISP doesn't do that.

Finally, and I'd think it'd be obvious but I'll mention it anyway, PREENTER your shipping and billing, and if you'd like, your payment information on the website. That way, when the upper comes in stock, you just have to click a few times instead of entering a billing addressing, shipping address, etc. You don't have the upper until you check out, and those precious minutes or seconds you spend typing may make all the difference.

Now where are those BCG's...

technique
04-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I actually got one of those Middy's (it was my first attempt to do so), and here's my advice to you.

First of all, check the AR15 Industry forum (BCM section, obviously) and look at the thread regarding availability of uppers. Paul will post a smiley face similar to :) a few minutes before the uppers are released on the website. If this thread is monitored often (or better you, you are an arfcom member and can subscribe to the thread to see updates quickly), you will know the uppers are coming BEFORE they are released on the website. Obviously, this gives you a significant advantage.

dooooooooooooooooooooode:eek: ssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:(

TwitchALot
04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
dooooooooooooooooooooode:eek: ssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:(

Hey man, gotta help good calgunners out, right? :thumbsup:

Nessal
04-15-2009, 12:37 AM

My opinion is that you should be doing work rather than surfing the web.

Tony.
04-15-2009, 8:31 AM

Play a sport, learn to lose. It builds character.

Sending an email will just add fuel to the fire about "whiney Californians"

Skter505
04-15-2009, 7:12 PM
Im sure they get enough emails already, just leave them alone and hope to get one next time. *****ing about doesnt get anyone anywhere.

sreiter
04-15-2009, 8:35 PM
i'm not even GETTING the notifications i signed up for

a1fabweld
04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Or you're still paying rent and payroll while you can't get the parts from the various vendors and manufacturers you depend on, so you're loosing money most of the time to make it up when you can put something out on the market. Add that to all the PITA customers who think they have a right to the product and don't like the way you run your business, even if it might be the most efficient for you. :rolleyes:

I have a hard time believing that BCM is losing money, but whatever. Without the PITA customers, who would you sell your stuff to? When you sell your product in a free market, doesn't everyone has the right to it? Run the business anyway you want, I'm just stating that it must be nice to have your stuff in such demand. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

high_revs
04-15-2009, 11:28 PM
You want to complain about what time of the day that they send out email updates?

I think........................... never mind, I don't want to be banned.

same here. when does a company have to think about when emails have to go out. if you think about it, wouldn't' they have to consider hawaii too? or east coast because it's dinner time for them. it's almost like someone asking me to do the "window shopping" for them because I can multi-task during my meetings, and they cannot access the websites because they're blocked by their firewall. and yet, they have a freaking iPhone with them. wtf? use the iPhone man! i'm not your admin/shopper. take ownership of your issue.

Justintoxicated
04-16-2009, 1:35 AM
I never even got an email notification, and yes I checked my junkmail filter. I did score an upper though thanks to Calguns members!

tenpercentfirearms
04-16-2009, 4:54 AM
I say send them an e-mail. It will give them something to laugh about at the water cooler. :43: