PDA

View Full Version : Legal way to own CZ 07 in CA?

Krunko
04-14-2009, 10:15 AM
I know it's not on the CA gunlist, is there still a legal way to have one here? I have a grandmother in Phoenix, if that would help. I know that I was able to get her (never registered bought in Oklahoma grandfathered in) Walther PPK legal here.

Sorry if I'm asking a newb question. I'm not a gun newb, just used to Oklahoma where you don't have to think twice about this kind of stuff.

Librarian
04-14-2009, 10:56 AM
I know it's not on the CA gunlist, is there still a legal way to have one here? I have a grandmother in Phoenix, if that would help. I know that I was able to get her (never registered bought in Oklahoma grandfathered in) Walther PPK legal here.

Sorry if I'm asking a newb question. I'm not a gun newb, just used to Oklahoma where you don't have to think twice about this kind of stuff.

If granny wants to buy you a CZ as a gift, and send it to an FFL near you, where you will pay the FFL's interstate transfer fee and wait the 10 days, that would work.

see http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Transferring_Firearms_Among_Some_Family_Members

bondmid003
04-14-2009, 3:44 PM
The only way you can get it is if your mom, dad, grandmother or grandfather in another state buys it for you as a gift

kermit315
04-14-2009, 7:34 PM
anybody know what the going rate for one is, a guy at work is getting out and is interested in getting one.

bigcalidave
04-14-2009, 8:19 PM
Wait that works? ***** yeah! I didn't think about that! My mom left this state for washington! Yay new toys!!!! Could I PPT one to a friend with no hassle after getting one like this?

bondmid003
04-14-2009, 8:37 PM
Dave, I wouldn't try it. That sounds like the very definition of something that will draw the attention of the authorities. Your buddy should just get his parents to do it for him instead of trying to put this on you

Wyseguy
04-14-2009, 8:59 PM
I know the father to son/daughter thing works, but does it work the other way around?

bigcalidave
04-14-2009, 9:00 PM
Why? If it's breaking no laws, and anyone that would be compliant with a family transfer for a friend is in california, what's wrong with it?

ke6guj
04-14-2009, 9:05 PM
I know the father to son/daughter thing works, but does it work the other way around?it works in both direction.

Why? If it's breaking no laws, and anyone that would be compliant with a family transfer for a friend is in california, what's wrong with it?you just don't want be accused of dealing without a license. For instance, if I tell my LEO friend that I want a Colt Delta Elite and he buys one in an LEO Roster-exempt transfer, and then immmediately PPTs it to me and I pay him for it, it could look like he was dealing.

bigcalidave
04-14-2009, 9:17 PM
Ok, I'd shoot it first then decide I don't want it. Sounds like nobody would care either way... But I get what you're leaning to.

Reading into the law quoted above, I don't see where they can ship it into CA as a family transfer. Can someone clarify that? Also, there is a quote at the bottom of that interstate page that says once shipped into CA it can't be transferred as a PPT for the first transfer? How else would you do it!

cactustactical
04-14-2009, 11:33 PM
I have one in stock if your grandmother would like to buy one :)

And I am in Phoenix.

$499

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/TBG35/Cactus%20tac/91186copy.jpg

WokMaster1
04-15-2009, 7:33 AM
I have one in stock if your grandmother would like to buy one :)

And I am in Phoenix.

$499

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/TBG35/Cactus%20tac/91186copy.jpg

Dear grandpa,

How's life in Phoenix? Hope everything is A OK.

I was just wondering since my birthday is coming up, can you get me a ..........

:p

Krunko
04-15-2009, 2:00 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I was surprised to see how many replied I had gotten. Yeah, grandma is pretty hardcore. She used to pack a Walther PPK in her purse before she gave it to me. Hahah.

Wyseguy
04-15-2009, 7:46 PM
Ok, I'd shoot it first then decide I don't want it. Sounds like nobody would care either way... But I get what you're leaning to.

Reading into the law quoted above, I don't see where they can ship it into CA as a family transfer. Can someone clarify that? Also, there is a quote at the bottom of that interstate page that says once shipped into CA it can't be transferred as a PPT for the first transfer? How else would you do it!

Yes, this is the question I'd like to have answered!

Librarian
04-15-2009, 9:32 PM
Yes, this is the question I'd like to have answered!

Please restate the question, and I'll try.

bigcalidave
04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
It got covered in another post I made in this subforum. Question was about the specifics of doing the interfamily transfer from out of state. I guess when the dealer receives it and you dros it there is a selection for an exception about the CA stuff if it's interfamily.