04-14-2009, 9:38 AM
looking to purchase one but not sure if i can or not. the doj list only says cetme sporter but doesnt specify any make, anybody got any input?

04-14-2009, 9:55 AM
The one banned by name is the MARS one, made by Spain. Century is off the ban list.

04-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Friend of mine has the Century CETME. Very reliable, lousy crackle type finish on an aluminium receiver with wood furniture. Very fast operation and the worst trigger I've ever used. But I kind of like it, overall.

04-15-2009, 5:55 PM
i ended up buying a cia receiver and a FAC PSG1 receiver thanks for the help

05-04-2009, 5:00 PM
isnt the century one an AW since it has a detachable mag and pistol grip?

05-04-2009, 5:52 PM
isnt the century one an AW since it has a detachable mag and pistol grip?

it`ll need to have a raddlock/bb installed and a 10rd mag to be cali compliant.

air soft rules!
05-04-2009, 6:46 PM
and they are as reliable as an ak, once you iron out the bugs of a parts kit rifle. yes the trigger pull can be very, very, heavy, but there is alot of support for any cetme questions here @ www.militaryfirearms.com I have my trigger pull to around 7lbs, I did just a light polish on the trigger, they have videos, and tutorials, links to parts as well as private sales, and what to look for when purchasing a cetme. cetme model C rifles are not G3 clones as many say, they are stg45 clones, the original G3 rifles were made in spain by cetme until HK got the tooling finished, and brought the design back home. The MG42 is the basis for the roller locked breach mechanism, and both the model C cetme, and G3 are rendered obsolete for not having a bolt hold open device when the last round is fired, the AK has no such device yet is found in every corner of the world, G3 rifles are very present in africa and the middle east, cetme model c rifles are only here in the usa, and in spain. cetme, a state run facility was bought by a general dynamics subsidiary, and after ceasing production some years ago of the model C, it is available again brand new in spain in semi-auto only (.307 caliber) parts will be available for years to come. A battle rifle through and through, cetme, G3, H&k, PTR, are a joy to shoot, and are different.