PDA

View Full Version : Ak optics options

D53
04-14-2009, 1:30 AM
So even though I am not really a distance shooter, but when ever I am down in the BA visiting my family and my wifes family they like to go to the range, and they are always complaining about not being able to see the target on th 50 and 100 yard lanes.
So I figured i would get a scope 4x32 just to toss on and I was looking at two types. Either one that would mount to the side mount on the AK or the one I prefer which would be the one that mounts to the dust cover. ususally I have seen some of the dust cover mounted scopes for about $30-$40 with the scope. but I was wondering what you guys use and what your prefer. thanks

radioburning
04-14-2009, 1:55 AM
From what I gather, the side mounted is kind of a pain because it brings the scope up too high, but they hold zero. The dust cover ones don't hold zero because dust covers have a little room to wiggle.

YMMV

D53
04-14-2009, 2:11 AM
From what I gather, the side mounted is kind of a pain because it brings the scope up too high, but they hold zero. The dust cover ones don't hold zero because dust covers have a little room to wiggle.

YMMV

ah, makes sence. Thanks for the info

technique
04-14-2009, 2:26 AM

YMMV

that is pretty much the way it works....

I have a NDS Krink dustcover rail, being that its a Krink it is a bit different, but not much.