View Full Version : Harris bipod confusion...

04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
I got over trying to find something cheaper, what was I thinking. I haven't found their website but distributors seem to use a variety of model designations that are bewildering to me. I believe I want the bench rest model and wonder what the benefit is to having it also swivel? I will be shooting from a bench at a range with an AR varmint upper model. I'm assuming the YHM screw in swivel studs I see will thread into the free floated tubular handguard that has two different size threaded holes.

04-14-2009, 4:01 AM
If you are only shooting on a level bench then the non-swivel model will be fine. If you are ever going to shoot on the ground, go swivel all the way.

By far I like the L series with swivel for most shooting I do. However, for hunting we use the 25C all the time. I think I am just going to try the 25 though since I am a little shorter.

I am not sure if there are bipod holes on a YHM rail. Do you have a link?

04-14-2009, 5:17 AM
I am not sure if there are bipod holes on a YHM rail. Do you have a link?

The two threaded holes are in the free floated cylindrical handguard that came on the varmint upper. The screw in swivel stud is made by YHM.

04-14-2009, 6:12 AM
Harris link here (http://www.harrisbipods.com/)...scroll down a bit and you'll see all the designations.

ETA: For your needs I would suggest the HBR or HBRM if you want leg notches.