PDA

View Full Version : Questions on shipping SW MP15 to a FFL

compsoftstation
04-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi there,

It's been a while since I owned a rifle and your expertise is appreciated. Is the factory Smith & Wesson MP15 upper and lower without the MAG already Ca compliant? Can it be shipped to a FFL or I have to have the upper and the lower shipped separately to add the mag button and the lock??

Thanks a bunch

remington
04-14-2009, 2:43 PM
It can be shipped as one, but the BB has to be installed prior to it coming into the state.; Lanworld does this with the MP15 so I see no issues as long as your FFL recieving the firearm is familiar with OLL's and open to dealing with them. Must ship with a magazine not to exceed 10 rounds our course.

If I am not correct, someone please enlighten me.

stormy_clothing
04-14-2009, 3:33 PM
no, wrong.

you can ship an MP15 into the state, without the 30 round mag.and most dealers perfer it to be seperated halves even in the same box.

This is how I got mine and installed the BB prior to the 10 round mag after recieving it.

dd's world and several other places will ship them like this.

glockwise2000
04-17-2009, 12:19 AM
no, wrong.

you can ship an MP15 into the state, without the 30 round mag.and most dealers perfer it to be seperated halves even in the same box.

This is how I got mine and installed the BB prior to the 10 round mag after recieving it.

dd's world and several other places will ship them like this.

I believe that it needs to be CA compliant before it even get into the state?

Hmmmmm......

Quiet
04-17-2009, 3:23 AM
It needs to be made CA legal prior to being shipped into CA, unless the CA FFL dealer has an assault weapons permit.