PDA

View Full Version : WASR question

nrakid88
04-13-2009, 8:31 PM
I am thinking about sellg some guns to fund a henderson defense WASR. Just a question. They say they fit the mag to the gun... does this mean the gun wont function well with other mags? and I am talking about the double stack version btw.

69Mach1
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
All WASR 10 AK's start out with single stack magazine wells. Century Int. then opens them up to accept double stack AK47 mags. I think they only fit them to steel mags. Some may be tight if you're going to use the bulgarian "waffle mags", or any polymer AK magazine.

D53
04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
for what its worth my Wasr10 holds every double stack mag I have firm. And I was given a Tapco poly and it fits fine too. Just my 2c

groovielou
04-14-2009, 12:58 AM
for what its worth my Wasr10 holds every double stack mag I have firm. And I was given a Tapco poly and it fits fine too. Just my 2c

+1...

Reno
04-14-2009, 7:24 AM
Same, no problems with mags here.

nrakid88
04-14-2009, 8:52 AM
Hmm in that case I might have to pick one up for now untill I can afford a fancier version.

herburt
04-14-2009, 9:24 AM
I picked up a WASR because it fits all of the criteria I have when thinking of an AK

1. ugly
2. just works
3. ugly

It hasn't failed me yet!

JeffM
04-14-2009, 9:39 AM
I picked up a WASR because it fits all of the criteria I have when thinking of an AK

1. ugly
2. just works
3. ugly

It hasn't failed me yet!

Function is a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:

Darklyte27
04-24-2009, 9:37 AM
Besides the canted sight, mag rattle etc etc, are those the only reason wasr's are bad? I also read that they are just cheaply made? cheap barrel etc?

found some good info http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=139645&highlight=wasr+bad

pbrand
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Just my .2, but if I were looking into buying an AK I would go for a Sagai 7.62. Same ugly gun manufactured by the people who created it.

God Bless The Mauser
04-24-2009, 1:47 PM
Or get a Yugo, they are high quality like the Russian AKs, only problem is they don't have chrome lined barrels.

Darklyte27
04-24-2009, 1:49 PM
I would have gotten the yugo for 630$ but at the time a place had it, I thought there were no more middle man services..

it sold out in a day or so.

God Bless The Mauser
04-24-2009, 1:55 PM
Century Yugos have some problems though which is no surprise because Century built them. I have 3 milled Yugos that I built myself but for people that can't build them I guess the best bet would be to get a Century built one and hope for a good one just like buying a WASR.

SP1200
04-24-2009, 2:31 PM
I think when they say "fit the mag" then mean to fit the mag tight do to the problems of mag wobble. All my mags wobble in my century WASR but the 2 it came with.

marxdspot
04-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Two friends of mine purchased WASR-10's and invited me to come along with them to pick up their rifles. They had gotten a deal from a vendor (not Henderson Defense), which included three mags. 2/3 mags worked for one rifle and 1/3 worked with another. In other words, some of the steel mags wouldn't fit the magwell.

My experiences with HD have been great. Customer service and the quality of their prods have been very satisfactory. What HD probably meant was that they will test fit the magwell to make sure it won't wobble or that mags will actually fit upon ETA. Just a tip...get the HD certified rifles. The HD certified rifles have the gas block and front sight cants checked and corrected.

Good Luck!

Darklyte27
04-25-2009, 8:36 AM
well i did get a henderson defense certified one, im going to dros it monday.

my question is that is it as bad as people claim? or was it only pertaining to the canted sights, mag wobble etc.

Its cheaper quality not as good parts from what i hear.,
I know it isnt a super precision rifle but a cheaper can hit a target at 100 yrds plinker.

marxdspot
04-25-2009, 10:56 AM
One of my first AK's prior to building my own was a WASR. It isn't too bad as a lot of people claim. The one that I've owned (long gone now) functioned flawlessly. If this is going to be your first AK and plan on buying an investment AK in the future, then it'll do. Yes, mine had both a canted front sight and gas block, however I didn't mind it much. Also, the finish on the rifle was quite fragile and would scatch when placed on rough hard objects. My WASR also the aweful trigger splapping. You could find the fixes to many of the WASR's issues through this link: http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model.htm. Hope this helps.

Darklyte27
04-25-2009, 11:03 AM
thanks for the link

supermario
04-25-2009, 2:03 PM
Century Yugos have some problems though which is no surprise because Century built them. I have 3 milled Yugos that I built myself but for people that can't build them I guess the best bet would be to get a Century built one and hope for a good one just like buying a WASR.

What problems did the Century Yugo have, becus I am about to buy one from my cousin. I held it and it looked very well built to me. I was just wondering what problems occur with the Yugos built by Century? Thanks

marxdspot
04-25-2009, 4:28 PM
What problems did the Century Yugo have, becus I am about to buy one from my cousin. I held it and it looked very well built to me. I was just wondering what problems occur with the Yugos built by Century? Thanks

There are issues? I've shot one first hand and they are probably one of the better Century rifles I've seen. The one I shot was built from an US made NDS receiver and it had a brand new barrel. The only poopoo I could think of was the finish. It was painted rather than blued like the originals. IMO, Yugos are the best made stamped AK's. It's too bad that they were originally made with non-chrome lined barrels.