PDA

View Full Version : global tactical supply

coltn46920
04-13-2009, 3:15 PM
Anyone do business with them? Are they safe to order from?

Hopi
04-13-2009, 3:23 PM
Denny's is well known and respected. Good people.

djleisure
04-13-2009, 3:27 PM
I bought a UBR from them about four months ago and it went more or less okay. From other people's impressions, I'm guessing what happened to me was just a fluke, but here it is. I ordered their last UBR in stock and paid $265 for it. They shipped out the stock and I received it no problem (shipping was fast/fine) but when I checked my bank statement a week later there was a new, random $215 (extra) charge on my card. I checked my "account status" online with them (just to be sure I didn't order something and forgot - it happens) and there was nothing indicated on there. I tried to call them (voice mail all full) and then called my bank and had them reverse the charges and deal with it. I kind of panicked a bit and maybe jumped the gun on calling my bank, but a full voice mail system is a no-go for legitimate business in my opinion. I have since learned that it is probably owned/ran by one guy (or maybe a couple) and all this happened at the peak of the "OMG guns are going to be illegal" scare, so he was probably super-swamped and there was a clerical error. That is my experience - it ended fine and I think they are legit, but maybe keep an eye on your account afterwards? :D

aplinker
04-13-2009, 3:37 PM
Denny is reliable and GTG.

heycorey
04-13-2009, 3:40 PM
+1 ... he built me an upper awhile back.

Bullitt196
04-13-2009, 3:41 PM
One of my favorite sites. I try to only use them and Ranier for AR equipment.

DanHuuN
04-13-2009, 3:43 PM
Excellent.....I've made many purchases online with them....On Thursday, 4/9/09 I bought 2 packages of 10 PMAG RANGER PLATES....Saturday 4/11/09 they arrived....

norbs007
04-13-2009, 3:46 PM
GTG, Denny is a great guy to deal with. When he did an upper for me, he called personally to check how I liked it.

ddimick
04-13-2009, 3:56 PM
I have purchased from them. Communication of my order status was poor. It took 24 days to ship my order, no response to my emails requesting either order status or, later on, order cancellation.

spdrcr
04-13-2009, 4:32 PM
I have purchased from them. Communication of my order status was poor. It took 24 days to ship my order, no response to my emails requesting either order status or, later on, order cancellation.

Sounds unusual.

I've ordered from them multiple times and always been very pleased. In fact, I just placed an order Friday an e-mail this afternoon that my items have shipped.

GMONEY
04-13-2009, 5:25 PM
They have some issues... Denny is a nice guy and all, but I am not sure about the team he has working for him. I bout a LMT Piston upper from them and they shipped it to a completely different state! I had to call and find out what was going on. Denny apologized and said he would send me a free shirt for the mix up... well my upper came about 2 weeks late with no t-shirt. I guess I should have been lucky to even get my hands on a LMT piston upper for a reasonable price, but well wanted to tell my story...

JeffM
04-13-2009, 5:59 PM
I'm waiting on an upper I ordered from them in February.

It seems like they, for the most part, only have items on their website that are in stock and ready to ship. I ordered an upper that said out of stock, but they were still accepting orders for. Called them up mid March because the CC I used for the order was about to expire. Talked with Denny, had them charge the CC so their wouldn't be any issues. The order status was promptly changed to PAID. They still haven't gotten their shipment from the manufacturer, so I'm still waiting. I'm in no rush so I'm letting it be for now.

As the other posters above have stated, they have a good reputation, so I'm not worried.

naimad
04-13-2009, 6:09 PM
gtg denny is a good guy :thumbsup:

foxracer72
04-13-2009, 6:55 PM
bought from them a few times and no probs, denny was a pleasure also:thumbsup:

supermario
04-13-2009, 9:09 PM
I have bought two uppers from them at great prices and Denny is a GREAT guy. He once talked to me for about 1hr on the phone just to answer any and all of my questions and was super friendly.. He is my #1 out of state gun shop! I am sure it was a fluke, mistakes happen.

Blacktail 8541
04-13-2009, 9:23 PM
Denny is a good guy. Only way to comunicate with him is by phone. He hates typeing.

wilshire1412
04-13-2009, 9:23 PM
I recently received a Noveske barrel I had ordered in November, there is a long story about the experience I posted over at arfcom in the industry forum. The short version is that I ordered the barrel and then sent some parts to have permanently attatched, the parts I sent went missing and I received the barrel without them. I sent the barrel back and then had to wait a good bit of time, and then I finally had to contact a mod over at the other site who I think may have helped a bit. I was having a very difficult time getting Denny to call back as he is a one man show, and I think he had his hands full of work 2 years ago before all this madness now. I did finally receive the barrel as I had ordered it, with no extra charge for any of the work I had requested. In the end everything was made right, but if you are expecting to be able to get email responses then you will be disappointed and it can be nearly impossible to get Denny to answer the phone as I think he is almost always on it with customers. BTW he is a friendly guy, and he was very appologetic about the issue I was having and I do believe he does his best for his customers.