PDA

View Full Version : KCRW asks is gun control dead?

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 2:56 PM
http://www.kcrw.com/media-player/mediaPlayer2.html?type=audio&id=tp090413piracy_on_the_high_s

click on "is gun control dead?" or go to the 23:40 mark

im listening to it know, heard the end of it in car and though you guys might be interested.

its about 26 minutes long.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 3:10 PM
the FOAC guy made very good points IMO.

Sleepy1988
04-13-2009, 3:16 PM
Gun control will never be dead as long as there are some types of guns in the hands of private citizens, whether illegally or legally.

Even today there is still some group of people who want alcohol prohibition resurrected.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 3:20 PM
i think they mean politically, alcohol prohibition is politically dead because no politicians are really calling for it, there may be some that still want it but the pol's don't share the sentiment

CCWFacts
04-13-2009, 3:21 PM
Listening to it now. Cool! And I love that this is on KCRW, a very liberal government radio station. The gun control advocate on that focuses on being careful with who can get guns, in other words, tightening things down so that criminals and mentally unstable people can't get guns. That's good and is in agreement with what the NRA has long advocated, and what the Heller ruling said.

The gun control advocate there also clearly understood that gun bans are a dead issue and that Democrats lost for a decade over this one pointless issue.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 3:23 PM
Listening to it now. Cool! And I love that this is on KCRW, a very liberal government radio station. The gun control advocate on that focuses on being careful with who can get guns, in other words, tightening things down so that criminals and mentally unstable people can't get guns. That's good and is in agreement with what the NRA has long advocated, and what the Heller ruling said.

The gun control advocate there also clearly understood that gun bans are a dead issue and that Democrats lost for a decade over this one pointless issue.

its pretty much what you see around this forum but its nice to see on a liberal station as you said.

kap
04-13-2009, 3:50 PM
http://downlode.org/Creative/Writing/Notebook/Illustrations/itsatrap.jpg

IT'S A TRAP! They are just trying to get you to lower your guard so they can strike! :TFH:

DDT
04-13-2009, 3:53 PM
I used to listen to KCRW back in the 80s when it was much more open about the opinions they let on the air. I hope this is a good sign for things to come.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 4:42 PM
http://downlode.org/Creative/Writing/Notebook/Illustrations/itsatrap.jpg

IT'S A TRAP! They are just trying to get you to lower your guard so they can strike! :TFH:

who said anything about lowering the alert level, i think the hoplophobe alert level has been at Orange for a long time, and was Red for a spell around the OMG it's HR45 scare. But this isn't reason to go down to yellow just to not to make any ulcers yet we'll have an opportuny to use our antacids in the 112th congress.

Bizcuits
04-13-2009, 5:18 PM
kinda anti, but i liked the foac guys comments

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 5:21 PM

yea even though the gun control guys said the were hunters. it seems like a title to disarm people. the weird hunter against AW's. the type that go off and say no self respecting citizen need anymore than a good manual loader like bolt or lever gun or needs more than five or ten rounds.

what pisses me off is that my fam in Natchez used semi's to hunt for the longest 7mm rifles. i just convinced them to get a R-15 a couple years ago for their varmint (coon) hunting a the love it to death. they thought it was too fancy and wasn't traditional but thats all they shoot their small game with now. they even got weaponlights and optics for night hunting, i got them hooked! :D

M. Sage
04-13-2009, 5:24 PM
yea even though the gun control guys said the were hunters. it seems like a title to disarm people. the weird hunter against AW's.

Like AHSA? If they're like that, AHSA is antis in wolf's clothing.

CCWFacts
04-13-2009, 5:31 PM

Who got the most airtime? Who had the most speakers? Who sounded the most rational? Who was not short of breath? Answer to all of the above is: our side.

It wasn't anti-RKBA.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 5:33 PM
Like AHSA? If they're like that, AHSA is antis in wolf's clothing.

pretty much but its the first thing they say like hey guys were gunnies too.

M. Sage
04-13-2009, 5:38 PM
pretty much but its the first thing they say like hey guys were gunnies too.

... I hate Quislings.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 5:48 PM
... I hate Quislings.

you getting European on us, what happened to the most popular u.s traitor Benedict Arnold. unless you were makin a nazi jab i understand.

7x57
04-13-2009, 5:48 PM
what pisses me off is that my fam in Natchez used semi's to hunt for the longest 7mm rifles.

They...used...um...semi trucks?...to go hunting to bag the longest trophy 7mm rifles...that were creeping through the woods trying to avoid their natural enemies I guess? :eek:

Say, if these trophy 7mm's were in good firing condition once they were skinned and dressed, I'm in. Can you get me an invite to a hunt? How does it work--do you run them down in the semi like a crazed big-rig Cape-to-Cairo racer? Aw, I don't even care about the condition, I just want to see the mighty 7mm, monarch of the forest, in his own element.

And then flatten him with a big rig! :43:

But why don't zoos ever have a good, natural-looking 7mm exhibit? Must be the antis. They suppress *everything*. :chris:

That was *much* more fun than what you meant. It's like the manliest sport ever. :)

7x57

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 6:15 PM
They...used...um...semi trucks?...to go hunting to bag the longest trophy 7mm rifles...that were creeping through the woods trying to avoid their natural enemies I guess? :eek:

Say, if these trophy 7mm's were in good firing condition once they were skinned and dressed, I'm in. Can you get me an invite to a hunt? How does it work--do you run them down in the semi like a crazed big-rig Cape-to-Cairo racer? Aw, I don't even care about the condition, I just want to see the mighty 7mm, monarch of the forest, in his own element.

And then flatten him with a big rig! :43:

But why don't zoos ever have a good, natural-looking 7mm exhibit? Must be the antis. They suppress *everything*. :chris:

That was *much* more fun than what you meant. It's like the manliest sport ever. :)
7x57

used semi's to hunt for the longest, 7mm rifles.
HAHA, insert comma ^

did you listen to the segment?

7x57
04-13-2009, 6:45 PM
did you listen to the segment?

I got as far as the end of the FOAC rep, who was really quite good. Then I got yelled at to deal with the dog stealing burgers off the grill and had to stop the program, but I'll finish it later.

This ran on *NPR*???

7x57

M. Sage
04-13-2009, 7:17 PM
you getting European on us, what happened to the most popular u.s traitor Benedict Arnold. unless you were makin a nazi jab i understand.

It doesn't fit, because Arnold was at least on the right side (and kicking serious tail) before he turned, making the betrayal all the worse. Arnold was actually quite a hero up until the point where he sold us out.

Quisling was always a fascist POS.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 7:39 PM
It doesn't fit, because Arnold was at least on the right side (and kicking serious tail) before he turned, making the betrayal all the worse. Arnold was actually quite a hero up until the point where he sold us out.

well IIRC he turned because he felt underappreciated and didn't get the rank he wanted.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 8:58 PM
this gets me thinking just about all the liberal media outlets are saying that guntrol is gasping for breath. What exacty does that mean? (besides trying to get us to lower our guard)

KylaGWolf
04-13-2009, 9:41 PM

he turned because his wife is a democrat and to keep the peace at home he had to toe the line with the Kennedy clan or she was going to make him sleep on the couch.

lioneaglegriffin
04-13-2009, 10:03 PM
he turned because his wife is a democrat and to keep the peace at home he had to toe the line with the Kennedy clan or she was going to make him sleep on the couch.

lol i can see the govenator in that statement

lioneaglegriffin
04-14-2009, 1:24 PM
bump

hvengel
04-14-2009, 1:55 PM
Who got the most airtime? Who had the most speakers? Who sounded the most rational? Who was not short of breath? Answer to all of the above is: our side.

It wasn't anti-RKBA.

There where two segments. The first was two anti's who both pretended to be gun owners (this appears to be the new tactic they are using) and a pro 2A person. The 2A person only got about 1/3 of the time although he was treated fairly otherwise (IE. they let him speak and so on). He did a good job as well. The tone of the segment was clearly anti gun and there was a clear bias even if the moderator was trying to appear unbiased (He failed badly).

The second much shorter segment was an AFT agent talking about Mexico and guns. He repeated the 90% claim but was careful to say 90% of those guns traced... But he did NOT say that this was only 17% of the guns seized. So it appears that .gov is very carefully tailoring it's message to misrepresent the facts by leaving out details that are material to understanding the truth. A person listening to this who did not know that most of the guns seized in Mexico are never traced would have ended up thinking that 90% of the illegal guns in Mexico were from the US.

lioneaglegriffin
04-14-2009, 8:28 PM
There where two segments. The first was two anti's who both pretended to be gun owners (this appears to be the new tactic they are using) and a pro 2A person. The 2A person only got about 1/3 of the time although he was treated fairly otherwise (IE. they let him speak and so on). He did a good job as well. The tone of the segment was clearly anti gun and there was a clear bias even if the moderator was trying to appear unbiased (He failed badly).

The second much shorter segment was an AFT agent talking about Mexico and guns. He repeated the 90% claim but was careful to say 90% of those guns traced... But he did NOT say that this was only 17% of the guns seized. So it appears that .gov is very carefully tailoring it's message to misrepresent the facts by leaving out details that are material to understanding the truth. A person listening to this who did not know that most of the guns seized in Mexico are never traced would have ended up thinking that 90% of the illegal guns in Mexico were from the US.

at least the BATFE guy tried to dodge politics of the AWB.