PDA

View Full Version : FFL's That Are Willing To Do CA Xfers

jwest
04-13-2009, 1:33 PM
Kestryll - thanks for adding this to the CG Forums.

FFL's - can you please respond if you are willing to help those in California that purchase firearms out of state and need to get those xferred in and possibly modified (i.e. - adding BB's) to be legal in California?

If we can start a 'list' I think it will be mutually beneficial.

Thanks!
jwest

Thompson Tactical
04-13-2009, 3:19 PM
well i am new to this but I have been operating for a few months now as an FFL in Socal area. My primary goal is to offer good service and access to firearms. I dont mind bringing in OLL's or anything else as long as its configured properly. If anyone has questions or comments please feel free to ask or call. Thanks - Matt (THOMPSON TACTICAL) 805-404-3528 I am located at 3420 waco ave in Simi Valley ca 93063. For the time being I am by appointment only.

HappyG
04-13-2009, 4:45 PM
Location of your store Matt?

glockwise2000
04-13-2009, 5:44 PM
address matt?

jksupplyco
04-13-2009, 6:59 PM
I think this is a list intended to get a compilation of "middlemen" or out-of-state FFLs that are willing to receive otherwise illegal (for Ca) weapons, and render them legal for Ca, transferring them to any number of us "friendly" in state FFLs..

jwest
04-13-2009, 7:35 PM
Yes - that is correct JKSUPPLYCO.

I think in most cases it will just be BB install and ship it off to CA.

Thanks for making that clear.

glockwise2000
04-13-2009, 8:18 PM
There are a lot of FFLs out of state that are willing to deal with CA now. I've had some FFLS I tried to speak to and they are willing to listen. Lately I tried Kentucky Gun Co.(Keene's Depot) and told them regarding the BB and okayed it. Hi-Power did it too like 3 weeks ago. Hit and Run from GA learned about that too like 2 months ago and okayed. If we just tried to call and tell them what to do, probably, most of them will listen. Buds and Dynamic A won't still do it inspite of my plea.

jwest
04-16-2009, 11:56 PM
I have spoken to Dean of DD's Ranch and of course Dean will also provide this service -

www.ddsranch.com

SteveK
04-17-2009, 9:59 AM
I have yet to see anyone solid out there..

jwest
04-17-2009, 2:17 PM
SteveK - Dean of DD's ranch is about as solid as it gets.
I've also heard good things about CWS - Cold War Shooters even though I have yet to purchase a rifle from them. Wanted to pick up a R-15/R-25 from them but they are scarce.
Dean has done a R-15 xfer for me - I recommend him www.ddsranch.com highly.

Hopi
04-17-2009, 2:24 PM
Quentin Laser (http://www.quentin-laser.com/index.html) will transfer as a middleman as well.

Jwest, whatever could have sparked your motivation to start this thread. ;) Good idea.....

SteveK
04-17-2009, 3:22 PM
I just left a message. I want everything but the reciever shipped to me. The peoiple I bought from wants to ship the whole gun. My ffl here in calif says he wont do it. So the gun has to be shipped in peices. Laws here are so stupid. this state has gambling this state doesnt, that one has no tax, this one has guns.. Fricken idiotic...

SteveK
04-17-2009, 3:32 PM
I just called dean, I'm all set thank you guys...

Ford8N
04-17-2009, 4:22 PM
DD's Ranch and Dean are...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Q
04-17-2009, 6:52 PM
I like this forum!:)

glockwise2000
04-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Quentin Laser (http://www.quentin-laser.com/index.html) will transfer as a middleman as well.

Jwest, whatever could have sparked your motivation to start this thread. ;) Good idea.....

Jason gets so much PMs and EMs that he wasn't able to respond to them. Sent a bunch of them myself and no response. I know he is a great guy, as they say, but promptness is a problem.

glock_holiday
04-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Jason gets so much PMs and EMs that he wasn't able to respond to them. Sent a bunch of them myself and no response. I know he is a great guy, as they say, but promptness is a problem.

I'm sorry we didn't get back to you. We have been moving our shop over the last few weeks and things have been a bit chaotic. We are back up and running now and hopefully can help you out in the future.

GH

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2358393#post2358393

jwest
04-22-2009, 11:09 PM

Quentin Laser,

Well, with so much going on - just thought it would be a mutually beneficial thing.

Regards,
jwest

Teeznutz
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Great info......Thanks for setting this up!!

Thunderbird
05-07-2009, 1:43 PM
I am willing to be a transfer middleman. I am an FFL in Oklahoma. I will do it for the cost of my shipping plus a $20 fee. PM me if interested and PLEASE verify legality before buying.

Teeznutz
05-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry we didn't get back to you. We have been moving our shop over the last few weeks and things have been a bit chaotic. We are back up and running now and hopefully can help you out in the future.

GH

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2358393#post2358393

Jason with Quentin Laser is 100% legit. Great communication and pricing. Deal with confidence!!!!