PDA

View Full Version : Single or Double Stack WASR?

chrisdesoup
04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Okay AK guys, whats the deal with the Henderson Defense WASR's.... I ordered one of the CA double stacks (http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?categoryId=17&productId=167) on friday and now they have single stack (http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?productId=78&categoryId=4) for $70 less today. Now keep in mind the one I ordered had an installed raddlock and fixed mag.

Questions:
Are the double harder to come by? Does one have a more solid feel than the other as far as mag wobble goes? Do I have to grow a beard before I shoot it :p

Thanks for your input.

Turbinator
04-13-2009, 1:07 PM
The double stack designs are definitely original, and easier to come by. I think the single stack for $70 less is indicative of the general appeal of a limited capacity rifle in general. At least with a double stack mag well, you can go out of state and enjoy freedom or use hicap double stack mags with MM grips inside CA. With a single stack mag well, you are limited to 10 round mags no matter where you are in the world - unless you opt to Dremel out the mag well and trunnion to make it work as a double stack.

Stick with your original double stack purchase, in my opinion.

Turby

TZL
04-13-2009, 1:18 PM
single stack sucks, at least single stack AK mags are cheap, $5 each

get the double stack !

groovielou
04-13-2009, 5:22 PM
Double Stack... Pay the extra....

RobT2K
04-13-2009, 11:55 PM
How was the ordering process from henderson?
I have a couple of friends who want to get a WASR/AK type rifle, and I don't have the time to help them too much with it. They don't buy guns much and never have online, so is it as easy as calling them up and giving them your CC #? What do they do to make it cali legal? Just remove the PG?

chrisdesoup
04-14-2009, 9:41 AM
I ordered one of the "CA Compliant" ones they had in stock last week, the ones this week have had the PG removed and 30 rd mag turned into a "kit" and they mail them to you directly.

As for the order, it was just as easy as ordering anything online these days. Just remember to get the FFL from your dealer so you can fax it to them after you order or have the dealer fax/email it for you...

Depending on your (or his) c/c company, lots have a vurtual c/c number generator that will issue a one time use c/c number that is linked to your account. I know AMEX, Discover, and Citi have them. I never use my real number for online purchases anymore.

Note: the ones they have in stock now ARE double stack not single... I called to ask them. I am going to go MMG on one and raddlock on the other.