PDA

View Full Version : A letter to my anti-gun senators

cousinkix1953
04-12-2009, 9:44 PM
I watched 60 Minutes on Sunday night after hearing about pistol packing Leslie Stahl's visit to a gun show. Yes, they run background checks at the tables in Richmond Virginia. My own brother was arrested in that same expo hall by the BATFE; because they mistook him for a dirtbag from San Jose Kalifornia. Lets see how you like spending the weekend in jail and then serving 90 days under house arrest over a paperwork mistake!

Any gun show promoter can stop parking lot sales in an attempt to fend off a lawsuit from the relatives of dead people. Whomever is renting these places has the final say about who gets to sell what on the premisis. You don't even need another law to stop this activity! It's called CYA.

Illegal aliens aren't allowed to own firearms. The SFPD won't call ICE; when these punks are caught violating the gun control act of 1968. I won't vote for any politician who comes from our crime ridden gang infested sanctuary cities. So much for idiots like Gavin Newsom who don't even read the questionaires on a BATFE #4473 gun registration form. "ARE YOU AN ILLEGAL ALIEN?" is right there in plain ENGLISH; but some people are blind.

We didn't sell handguns to foreigners in the late 60s and early 70s either. It wasn't my idea to change that specific law. I was perfectly happy with idea of US citizenship being a requirement to own a concealed firearm. There would not likely of been a crazy Korean shooting 33 people at V-Tech had the politicians left well enough alone.

Michael Savage is the classic example of a paranoid right wing gun nut. He used to pose with his banned COLT AR-15 assault rifle on his website just after 9/11. He used to brag about having a Ruger mini 14 just like the one carried by prison guards at San Quentin. I still don't know what an Orthodox Jew is doing with a WW2 German Mauser rifle?

The Savage Nation sounds just like those rednecks who used to call people names and start fights on the CB radio. The host is armed to the teeth because a big mouth gets him into trouble. He applied for a CCW permit, after getting a taste of his own hatred, from the liberals in the San Francisco Bay Area.

And now he has become a HYPOCRITE. You won't have to go very far, if you want to confiscate a semi-automatic war toy, from a crazy old man on the radio...

Dr Rockso
04-12-2009, 10:22 PM
You sent this to your senators? I have no idea what you're talking about. Especially the Michael Savage stuff....

bigcalidave
04-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Why are you going off on savage? He may be nuts but he's on our side, and a public figure.

The Nomadd
04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh my gods...Don't tell me you actually sent that to some senator? And they wonder why we're viewed as nutjobs by some politicians.

KylaGWolf
04-12-2009, 10:44 PM
If you sent that letter to your sentor it will more than likely get trashed at best. At worst I think they might put you down as a strange person. I just filled out one of those nice little form 4473 today. You won't get an argument from me that if your not here legally you don't get to buy. As for Savage never heard of him even when I lived in North Cali so guess he doesn't have that big of a reputation or somehow managed to miss it.

Amacias805
04-12-2009, 10:52 PM
not to rain on your parade or anything, but pick your battles, this letter seems like more of a rant on multiple topics than a clear articulate word of the people

TheBundo
04-12-2009, 10:56 PM
If you sent that letter to your sentor it will more than likely get trashed at best. At worst I think they might put you down as a strange person. I just filled out one of those nice little form 4473 today. You won't get an argument from me that if your not here legally you don't get to buy. As for Savage never heard of him even when I lived in North Cali so guess he doesn't have that big of a reputation or somehow managed to miss it.

You missed it. He's in the Top 10 national talk shows with "The Savage Nation", and had an MSNBC show for a while, which ended with a lot on controversy when he called someone a sodomite, and wished the man would get AIDS and die.

You can read about him at the link below, he's been nationally famous for decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage_(commentator)

cousinkix1953
04-13-2009, 1:29 AM
Why are you going off on savage? He may be nuts but he's on our side, and a public figure.
Not any more! I suggest that you do some research on the internet. Read his latest anti-gun sermon from his own website. I don't see this hypocrite turning in his banned AR-15 or getting rid of that Ruger mimi 14with a high capacity magazine either.

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=5193

Why is it, that the CAL GUNS website is the last to know about traitor in your own backyard. The guys at gunboards.com has been on the Savage case for several days. I was able to find a deluge of other news stories about this guy in a few minutes...

gcvt
04-13-2009, 1:36 AM
What is this?! If you sent this drivel to any politician, you've done us all a great disservice. What is the actual point you're trying to make in this rambling piece riddled with spelling and grammatical errors?? For the love of God, I hope you didn't send this to anyone in public office. Please tell us you're kidding.

cousinkix1953
04-13-2009, 1:41 AM
The Savage Nation is the number 3 or 4th highest rated of the right wing talk shows. This loudmouth is on something like 300 hundred radio stations. MSNBC fired him for gay bashing. Bill O'Reilly holds him up as a conservative nutcase. The city of San Francisco has even sent a resolution to Clear Channel demanding that he be fired. Michael Savage got into trouble for making fun of autistic children.

Still never heard of this crazy bastard; then you must have just arrived from another planet? I will post whatever response that I get from Feinstein and Boxer...

KWA-S
04-13-2009, 2:05 AM
I still don't know what an Orthodox Jew is doing with a WW2 German Mauser rifle?

Interestingly enough, the first service rifle of Israel was the Mauser. After WWII, when the majority of the Jews moved to the holy land, they needed protection from Palestinian raids and, potentially, other anti-Semitic states similar to Nazi Germany. Of course, this means the good ol' battle rifle. As the German Army was disbanded, there were thousands of Mausers that had been produced for the war that no longer had a home, as Germans were prohibited from owning guns, that no one really needed (Other countries had their own service rifles), so the Israelis were able to buy the captured rifles very cheap. The Israeli Mausers had the Wehrmacht eagles holding a swastika obliterated to "purify" the rifles of their Nazi heritage, and most were rechambered to, I believe but not 100% sure, .308 Enfield. These rifles served well for a number of years in the beginning of the rise of the modern Israel state, before being replaced with more modern weaponry, as the bolt action rifle quickly was outdated with the developments made shortly after the war.

Maybe it was his grandfathers rifle or something? Also, that was a very stupid letter you sent, which I believe you'll regret when you sober up a bit.

colossians323
04-13-2009, 4:26 AM
:stuart::banghead:

Think before you send

cousinkix1953
04-13-2009, 5:46 AM
What is this?! If you sent this drivel to any politician, you've done us all a great disservice. What is the actual point you're trying to make in this rambling piece riddled with spelling and grammatical errors?? For the love of God, I hope you didn't send this to anyone in public office. Please tell us you're kidding.
NO REGRETS. It's time deal with these armed paranoid anti-gun hypocrites. You guys are the last ones to know about traitor in your own backyard...

BTF/PTM
04-13-2009, 9:01 AM
One more vote for WTF...seriously, man, I hope you didn't send that to any senator.

ColdDeadHands1
04-13-2009, 9:06 AM
The OP needs to pull his head out of his ***** before attacking Savage any further. Actually, it really sounds like you are nothing more than a troll for the pink lesbo brigade with your Savage attacks. Regarding researching Savage on the internet, wikipedia, etc, I don't need to. Try listening to the man's show instead of researching him on the internet. He is widely demonized and hated because his is one of the few who actually has the balls to say what we all think about what is right.

Savage is the nation's #3 rated talk show based on listenership behind only Rush & Hannity, and he does this with no acknowledgment of his existence by the rest of the media.

As for the link you posted up, again, if you listened to the show you would realize he blamed the recent officer shootings on how much the nation's police forces (especially the Bay area) have been deballed by the liberal feel good pressure groups. Had the cops not been so afraid of fighting back without prosecution, so many of them may not have died.

turinreza
04-13-2009, 9:08 AM
NO REGRETS. It's time deal with these armed paranoid anti-gun hypocrites. You guys are the last ones to know about traitor in your own backyard...

What do Sodomy and Autism have to do with the 2nd Amendment?
Sounds like you loved Michael Savage and now he put a knife in your
back because he is emotional as well.

That letter should have been sent to Michael Savage and not our US Senators. Only the Senators who loved Michael Savage will feel the
same backstabbing pain as you do (and do not need such a letter to let them know) ; otherwise, the other senators have no clue nor care what you are talking about.

gcvt
04-13-2009, 2:44 PM

This still just doesn't make any sense. I just don't see the point of your letter. So you don't like Savage - what do you expect Feinstein and Boxer to do about it?? :shrug:

M. Sage
04-13-2009, 4:33 PM
I watched 60 Minutes on Sunday night after hearing about pistol packing Leslie Stahl's visit to a gun show. Yes, they run background checks at the tables in Richmond Virginia. My own brother was arrested in that same expo hall by the BATFE; because they mistook him for a dirtbag from San Jose Kalifornia. Lets see how you like spending the weekend in jail and then serving 90 days under house arrest over a paperwork mistake!

Any gun show promoter can stop parking lot sales in an attempt to fend off a lawsuit from the relatives of dead people. Whomever is renting these places has the final say about who gets to sell what on the premisis. You don't even need another law to stop this activity! It's called CYA.

I've never seen gun sales in parking lots of gun shows, even here in Texas. My friends in Texas who go to a lot of gun shows haven't either. Me thinks it's extremely rare.

We didn't sell handguns to foreigners in the late 60s and early 70s either. It wasn't my idea to change that specific law. I was perfectly happy with idea of US citizenship being a requirement to own a concealed firearm. There would not likely of been a crazy Korean shooting 33 people at V-Tech had the politicians left well enough alone.

I have a problem with this. Any free person in the world has the right to such. Criminals? No. Free, law-abiding people? Yes.

I still don't know what an Orthodox Jew is doing with a WW2 German Mauser rifle?

Seriously? Are you for real? You realize that during WWII there were Jews in Warsaw who picked up their oppressors' weapons and fought back, right?

There's really nothing more fitting than someone formerly oppressed picking up the tools his oppressors used on him to secure his liberty.

The Savage Nation sounds just like those rednecks who used to call people names and start fights on the CB radio. The host is armed to the teeth because a big mouth gets him into trouble. He applied for a CCW permit, after getting a taste of his own hatred, from the liberals in the San Francisco Bay Area.

And now he has become a HYPOCRITE. You won't have to go very far, if you want to confiscate a semi-automatic war toy, from a crazy old man on the radio...

I don't get this part.

I hope you didn't actually send this as a letter to your representatives. You sound like what you accuse Savage of.

RomanDad
04-13-2009, 4:48 PM
Im not a big fan of savage.... His shtick gets old after about five minutes....

That image is too much.

Nanook
04-13-2009, 5:07 PM
Good Lord. Please next time you get the urge to write any member of public office, or really anyone who has any say in anything that affects our rights, post your letter here FIRST for proofreading.

I die a little inside each time our negative stereotypes as hicks and wackos are reinforced.

hawk81
04-13-2009, 5:52 PM
My message to these anti-american senators is don't tread on me, unless you want a war.

Deadred7o7
04-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Not any more! I suggest that you do some research on the internet. Read his latest anti-gun sermon from his own website. I don't see this hypocrite turning in his banned AR-15 or getting rid of that Ruger mimi 14with a high capacity magazine either.

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=5193

Why is it, that the CAL GUNS website is the last to know about traitor in your own backyard. The guys at gunboards.com has been on the Savage case for several days. I was able to find a deluge of other news stories about this guy in a few minutes...

Savage, heck some on there are still in love with the NRA and they have been doing this kind of stuff for 70 some odd years. :mad:

westcoastr
04-14-2009, 7:17 AM
1A says you can write whateven you want, but this is counter-productive.

is there a way to write a note about a member here or flag him so later I can look and see if he is off his meds?

tmuller
04-14-2009, 7:27 AM
is there a way to write a note about a member here or flag him so later I can look and see if he is off his meds?

+1...My brain hurts after reading this thread.