PDA

View Full Version : GSG-5 modifications

desmark6
04-11-2009, 11:17 PM
OK, the more I have been reading about the GSG-5 the more I see people doing mechanical improvements.

What are some of the suggested improvement/modifications? I am hearing about replacing one of the bolts, adding rubber gaskets etc. Any light that you can shed on this and your personal experiences as to what needs to be done or doesnt need to be done would be great!!

technique
04-12-2009, 12:11 AM
I moded a lower....an airsoft SEF lower, haven't installed one on mine yet. I did do my buddies and it turned out nice.

high_revs
04-18-2009, 9:24 PM
bolt mod... those "looks like philip screws but aren't" suck and will strip easy. i'd to the lower mod, but just too lazy. aside from that, you're typical collapsible airsoft stuff, rails or the gsg handguard with a little rail, etc.

i was going to do the rubber gasket thingie for the charging handle. but i cannot find a derlin machined already to to into the tube. use rubber gaskets (like plubming stuff) is that if the gasket turns sideways, it might not push the charging handle all the way forward. so the derlin mod is better. yeah, yeah, i get get it and sand it down. i'd rather redo my fiberglass bodywork on my bike if i'm doing that.

Conehead
04-19-2009, 2:49 PM
http://22tactical.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=907

i was going to do the rubber gasket thingie for the charging handle. but i cannot find a derlin machined already to to into the tube. use rubber gaskets (like plubming stuff) is that if the gasket turns sideways, it might not push the charging handle all the way forward. so the derlin mod is better. yeah, yeah, i get get it and sand it down. i'd rather redo my fiberglass bodywork on my bike if i'm doing that.

high_revs
04-19-2009, 8:18 PM
ahh.. very nice conehead. will contact him. thanks!

wellfedirishman
04-19-2009, 9:51 PM
I purchased a 75 cent 3/4 inch rubber faucet gasket from OSH, trimmed it to fit (about the size of a dime) and gently pushed it in with a pen and slowly slid the bolt forward to keep it straight, and it works great. No more metal on metal clack when the bolt slides forward. Easy, and took less than 5 mins to do.

Another really nice mod is to install an original MP5 surplus stock and handguard, available from RTG parts. It is much more solid and feels and looks better than the standard GSG-5 stock parts. See AR-15.com under the Armory/GSG section for details.

Soldier415
04-20-2009, 5:26 AM
tag