PDA

View Full Version : Question RE:30-day wait/DROS

ChuckBooty
04-11-2009, 9:47 PM
HYPOTHETICALLY say someone bought a brand new gun from a store-front gun store about a month ago. And let's say this person wanted to buy another brand new hand gun today from the same shop. Upon looking at this persons record of sale (from the first gun) it was determined that he (or she) was already passed the required 30-day wait so the DROS was submitted, the gun was paid for and the ten-day wait began.

And (hypothetically) upon returning home, the buyer looked at his (or her) own records and noticed the the dealer made an error and he (or she) was actually on the 27th day or the 30-day wait. What is likely to happen? Is this something that is caught by the DOJ during the DROS process 100% of the time, or is it possible that this will "slide through the cracks"?

Trader Jack
04-11-2009, 9:56 PM
HYPOTHETICALLY say someone bought a brand new gun from a store-front gun store about a month ago. And let's say this person wanted to buy another brand new hand gun today from the same shop. Upon looking at this persons record of sale (from the first gun) it was determined that he (or she) was already passed the required 30-day wait so the DROS was submitted, the gun was paid for and the ten-day wait began.

And (hypothetically) upon returning home, the buyer looked at his (or her) own records and noticed the the dealer made an error and he (or she) was actually on the 27th day or the 30-day wait. What is likely to happen? Is this something that is caught by the DOJ during the DROS process 100% of the time, or is it possible that this will "slide through the cracks"?

It will never slip though our "cracks" Will send back a "30 day violation" notice.:)

f-ponce
04-11-2009, 9:56 PM
The DOJ will catch it and your DROS will be denied.

ChuckBooty
04-11-2009, 9:59 PM
so what's the best course of action? Is it possible to delay the DROS for a few days or would this person have to wait the ten days and then do ANOTHER ten day wait?

jvquattro
04-11-2009, 10:39 PM
You will have to go thru the whole process over. I made this mistake going by the date and not counting the days because I got too excited. February only had 28 days :oops: so I was short a couple of days and had to go thru the whole process again and paying another $25. . .

The worse part was I found out the day I was suppose to pick up, so had to wait another 10 Days. :(

ChuckBooty
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM
It will never slip though our "cracks" Will send back a "30 day violation" notice.:)

"Our"? Are you one of those DOJ spies that the tin-foil-hat crew have been talking about? :eek:

ChuckBooty
04-11-2009, 11:06 PM
You will have to go thru the whole process over. I made this mistake going by the date and not counting the days because I got too excited. February only had 28 days :oops: so I was short a couple of days and had to go thru the whole process again and paying another $25. . .

The worse part was I found out the day I was suppose to pick up, so had to wait another 10 Days. :(

Sucks...Hopefully this person can convince the dealer to pay the second DROS fee since it was the dealers records that were incorrect.

glockwise2000
04-11-2009, 11:12 PM
"Our"? Are you one of those DOJ spies that the tin-foil-hat crew have been talking about? :eek:

He/she probably is. Beware on that handle name.:willy_nilly:

tenpercentfirearms
04-12-2009, 6:48 AM
I would go back in on the day your 30 days expires or the day after and check on it. Have them physically look it up on DROS and determine if you made the error or if they made the error. You still might be fine.

If you made the error, then cool, you are good to go. If they made the error, fill out another 4473 and DROS and get the legit 10 days started. The DROS always catches 30 day violations. Always.

bill104
04-13-2009, 10:29 PM
SO if I understand this correctly, I bought a gun on march 21st at 11:47 am
and picked it up on march 31st at 12 noon, so now I have to what 20 more 24 hours which would be april the 20th at 12 noon, is this right, reason I ask is I bought a MP45 to go along with my MP9 today and the store is holding it til dros time, but he told me I have to what til april 30th at Noon, which in my opinion would be a 40 day what. unless they actully start the 30 day what after the dros is over, ? any one know the facts of the what times.