PDA

View Full Version : Home defense, way to go girl

nicki
04-11-2009, 5:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxUxpnXGJ7M&feature=related

Found this on you tube. Please share, especially with people who say dial 911.

Nicki

pnkssbtz
04-11-2009, 6:33 PM
That was awesome.

That woman is a fighter. God bless her.

Vtec44
04-11-2009, 6:34 PM
Holy sh*t, is that a piston AR15??? :D

Way to go!

smokinskul
04-11-2009, 6:37 PM
I love Texas!

CalNRA
04-11-2009, 6:40 PM
good for her.

I can't imagine what would happen to her if they got in and she wasn't prepared.

The animals cut the phone line so it's obvious the aim wasn't just burglary.

badicedog
04-11-2009, 6:43 PM
Someone send her a NRA application! I think she just woke up from all the 'anti gun' BS everyone is being fed.:thumbsup:

technique
04-11-2009, 6:47 PM
looks like an Olympic Arms Piston rifle.....Cool, good for her

ghostrider4evr
04-11-2009, 6:49 PM
Right on, great survival instincts.

n2k
04-11-2009, 6:51 PM
Now that's the way to protect....:thumbsup:

Bruce3
04-11-2009, 6:58 PM
that's awesome!

garandguy10
04-11-2009, 7:40 PM
I sure do not want to be around her neighborhood when she decides to use that rifle with no training....:eek

ojisan
04-11-2009, 7:52 PM
:yes:

Good for her!
and
Good for us!

KylaGWolf
04-11-2009, 8:22 PM
good video find Nicki.

KylaGWolf
04-11-2009, 8:22 PM
I sure do not want to be around her neighborhood when she decides to use that rifle with no training....:eek

Who said she doesn't have the training one and two if the idiots break in to her house they deserve what they get period.

SimpleCountryActuary
04-11-2009, 8:40 PM
:yes:

Good for her!
and
Good for us!

THAT'S what we need on the news.

AWESOME! :thumbsup:

M. Sage
04-11-2009, 8:54 PM

Don't assume... Besides, her house is brick. Her shots aren't going to go too far.

Better the rifle than the pistol if she's untrained. Much easier to point a rifle "close enough" than it is a pistol!

nick
04-11-2009, 9:18 PM
In CA, of course, she'd still be waiting for that rifle.

Always good to see someone thinking straight.

ZirconJohn
04-11-2009, 9:23 PM
Now that's home protection!

I love the way she said "If they come through that door, this what I'm gonna hit'em with!"

And I believe her!

jphaxx
04-11-2009, 9:29 PM
That's my kind of feminism! A woman with a high powered semi auto rifle in her hand!

darksands
04-11-2009, 9:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ExC7fE1LaY

anyone watch this one? It does feel like forever and Im just listening...

battleship
04-11-2009, 9:33 PM
Didn't see that on 20/20 last night.

Vtec44
04-11-2009, 9:34 PM
Similar story but without a gun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3vWsa4ags

223Junkie
04-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I noticed that adding comments has been disabled for the video. I wonder why?

Dark&Good
04-12-2009, 12:01 AM
My B-I-L just told me today (and he IS American): they expect guys here to be women :D

zatoh
04-12-2009, 12:59 AM
She's my hero! I wonder if/how her doors are reenforced. Either that or those guys are wimps. Pretty brazen though. I also hope she has some hidden cameras just in case they disable the ones in plain sight.

CnCFunFactory
04-12-2009, 2:07 AM
I think she should be on 20/20 for there next episode.:thumbsup:

anthonyca
04-12-2009, 2:22 AM

You never know who is trained or not with a firearm. That is the beauty of it, firearms are the great equalizer.

Nessal
04-12-2009, 3:54 AM
Don't assume... Besides, her house is brick. Her shots aren't going to go too far.

Better the rifle than the pistol if she's untrained. Much easier to point a rifle "close enough" than it is a pistol!

We have a house out in Texas and for some reason, they all seem to be made out of bricks. Here in CA, they are all wood it seems. I'm guessing brick doesn't stand up well to earthquakes?

Warhawk014
04-12-2009, 8:14 AM
that protection for you

12voltguy
04-12-2009, 9:27 AM
good for her.

I can't imagine what would happen to her if they got in and she wasn't prepared.

didn't you see 20/20, she would die:TFH::rolleyes:

ldivinag
04-12-2009, 8:29 PM
would it be illegal to have claymores on remote control?????

as soon as you see on camera that hoodlums are kicking down your front door... BOOM!

NiteQwill
04-12-2009, 8:44 PM
Man, I wish it would have ended on a better note: ridding the 4 scum of the earth with her pistol.

Good job for her!

Another example of "when seconds count, police are minutes away."

KylaGWolf
04-12-2009, 9:13 PM
Of course they wouldn't show that on 20/20 that would mean they have to be fair. And want to bet IF they catch the jerks they get a slap on the wrist?

Blacktail 8541
04-13-2009, 8:20 AM
Man, I wish it would have ended on a better note: ridding the 4 scum of the earth with her pistol.

Good job for her!

Another example of "when seconds count, police are minutes away."

It ended on the best note it could. Theives did not gain entry to the home. And she was not forced to defend her life.
I have no problem with the theives going 6 ft under, but the woman could have been hurt or killed in the process.

Think about it.

ColdDeadHands1
04-13-2009, 9:49 AM
"When they hit the door, this is what I'm going to hit them with"

That is awesome. Good for her for being prepared.

NiteQwill
04-13-2009, 11:21 AM
It ended on the best note it could. Theives did not gain entry to the home. And she was not forced to defend her life.
I have no problem with the theives going 6 ft under, but the woman could have been hurt or killed in the process.

Think about it.

Internet sarcasm is hard to come by. ;)

most forums I belong to use red text for sarcasm, here at CG, it doesn't work (or just hasn't been picked up) so I just opt not to use it.

Yes, I agree with you :)

Blacktail 8541
04-13-2009, 12:20 PM
^ Not a problem. I caught the sarcasim with the police quote, but it got by me on the first part.

DDT
04-13-2009, 4:06 PM
Internet sarcasm is hard to come by. ;)

most forums I belong to use red text for sarcasm,

Good idea.

Canute
04-13-2009, 4:31 PM
Wow, good show but I'd move before barricading myself like that.

M. Sage
04-13-2009, 5:18 PM
We have a house out in Texas and for some reason, they all seem to be made out of bricks. Here in CA, they are all wood it seems. I'm guessing brick doesn't stand up well to earthquakes?

would it be illegal to have claymores on remote control?????

as soon as you see on camera that hoodlums are kicking down your front door... BOOM!

Use a steel door, reinforce it with solid plates in side and turn it into a platter charge. Look it up. :43: Turns hoodlums into pancakes in .14 seconds.. flat!

Actually... I'd put a roof on that enclosed entry and put the platter charge up there. Muhahahahaha.

Wow, good show but I'd move before barricading myself like that.

I'll barricade before I'm forced from my home by little punks like these. My home is my castle, and I'll defend it.

Swiss
04-13-2009, 7:00 PM
Glen Heights has a population of 7,220. There is some good video of the perps, particularly the guy cutting the phone line. Yet the local PD has no leads and is asking people to come forward.

What's wrong with this picture?

JDay
04-13-2009, 11:10 PM
That's my kind of feminism! A woman with a high powered semi auto rifle in her hand!

An AR isn't exactly "high-powered", it uses an intermediate round.

JDay
04-13-2009, 11:13 PM

In Texas you can use deadly force on trespassers and even to protect your property. These guys will get a Darwin award before long.

Mason McDuffie
04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Now that makes me proud. Right on lady! Go Rambo on their asses!

Kelvrick
04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
So, have we sent her an NRA membership yet? I'm willing to chip in for it.

KylaGWolf
04-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Glen Heights has a population of 7,220. There is some good video of the perps, particularly the guy cutting the phone line. Yet the local PD has no leads and is asking people to come forward.

What's wrong with this picture?

Now that makes you wonder just why they haven't been caught. Unless the police are afraid of the punks then more power to this woman I hope she gives them a lesson they will NEVER forget.

nicki
04-14-2009, 2:55 AM
She is in Texas, can't she put a grenade launcher on her AR15:eek:

That way she can tell punks to say hello to her little friend.:43:

She can shoot throught the door just like Tony Montano. And she can put on one of the tirgger activators or a rubber band to give her rapid fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-leaJrm_I0M

Of course I would want her to survive.:thumbsup:

SVT_Fox
04-14-2009, 6:11 AM
dude that chick is ballin! escalade, hand guns, ARs, single mom, NICE!!!!!

Blacktail 8541
04-14-2009, 8:08 AM
In Texas you can use deadly force on trespassers and even to protect your property. These guys will get a Darwin award before long.

Take some time and think before you type. These guys being defeated by some simple locks and a strong door kept this woman safe without haveing to fire a shot. Even these dimwits could have gotten to her and killed her with just a little effort. Sure one or 2 of them might have caught rounds, But in the end 4 to 1 is still not good odds.

By the way, I think your right about them getting the darwin award sooner or latter.

1*mike
04-14-2009, 8:32 AM
good for her.

Cutting the phone line is an attempt at bypassing the alarm system...

She has a hell of a front door. It took a lot of kicks.

CowboyShooter
04-14-2009, 9:21 AM
Who said she doesn't have the training one and two if the idiots break in to her house they deserve what they get period.

well, since she still has the price tag hanging on the trigger guard, my guess would be that she hasn't popped off any rounds yet. hopefully she at least has some 30 rounders loaded that she can grab when the scum bags show up again.

:thumbsup:

Nachoman
04-14-2009, 12:52 PM
She has a hell of a front door. It took a lot of kicks.

She probably reinforced her door hardware and strike plate. A very inexpensive addition that I'd recommend everyone doing. Either that or add a metal security door, however some HOA's don't allow those.

nicki
04-14-2009, 1:44 PM
Take some time and think before you type. These guys being defeated by some simple locks and a strong door kept this woman safe without haveing to fire a shot. Even these dimwits could have gotten to her and killed her with just a little effort. Sure one or 2 of them might have caught rounds, But in the end 4 to 1 is still not good odds.

You are right that 4 to 1 is not good odds, but in Self Defense situations 99 percent of the time no shots have to be fired.

My gut tells me that after the first punk is hit, the others will be stunned long enough for her to pop them also.

My controlled rate of fire is around 3 to 4 shots per second. With a AR, unless you are here, you probably are going to have 20 to 30 round mags.

I think the first shots would have those punks running and crapping in their pants at the same time.

Nicki

Blacktail 8541
04-14-2009, 8:40 PM
You are right that 4 to 1 is not good odds, but in Self Defense situations 99 percent of the time no shots have to be fired.

My gut tells me that after the first punk is hit, the others will be stunned long enough for her to pop them also.

My controlled rate of fire is around 3 to 4 shots per second. With a AR, unless you are here, you probably are going to have 20 to 30 round mags.

I think the first shots would have those punks running and crapping in their pants at the same time.

Nicki

You are most likely correct that no shots would have been necessary, but on the other hand, most people that are forced to fire are very inaccurate. Even people that are trained have a very low hit ratio in high stress situations.

1 Shot may scare them off or it may have them pulling guns that are not seen. No one knows.

I maintain my position that the best outcome is what happened, they left without gaining entry.

SuperSet
04-14-2009, 8:56 PM
Those punks probably thought she was an easy mark. Little did they know how close they came to going TU.
BTW, anyone check out that rifle? Where are the sights?

jman11
04-24-2009, 2:24 AM
thats my girl!

cineski
04-24-2009, 7:28 AM
Problem is those punks left because they couldn't get in, not because of her gun. The door was too tough. They'll be at someone else's door the next night cutting more phone lines. I bet at least one was armed.

AJAX22
04-24-2009, 8:24 AM
Holy sh*t, is that a piston AR15??? :D

Way to go!

No its an OA93 carbine, its still direct gas impingement, but it is forward sprung so it works with folding stocks.

Mulay El Raisuli
04-24-2009, 8:45 AM

After the Long Beach quake of 1932(?) what was left was block upon block of flattened homes & businesses. All made of brick. The law was changed after that to require either wood or reinforced whatever to better withstand shaking.

The Raisuli

Darklyte27
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
too bad she didnt get to pump a few rds into the punks