PDA

View Full Version : Big Reno Gun Show

siliconphreak
04-11-2009, 4:56 PM
Anyone going to the Reno Gun Show next weekend?

AR-shogun
04-11-2009, 4:59 PM
I was seriously thinking about it but my budget is shot(no puns intended).
I have gone twice in the past and after going to that show it really makes it hard to go to the smaller local ones.

Jan

swerv512
04-11-2009, 5:01 PM
you obviously missed the other *ahem* 3 or 4 posts asking the same thing...
but to answer your question, i'll be there bright and early friday morning to hoard all the ammo my credit card will let me buy...:43:

glock_this
04-11-2009, 5:01 PM
why? to see a bunch of samuari swords, blow guns, movie knifes, sham-wows, cheap taser guns & general garage sale junk?

at least, that is what the one in Del Mar became over the years so assumed they all became that way :)

swerv512
04-11-2009, 5:04 PM
why? to see a bunch of samuari swords, blow guns, movie knifes, sham-wows, cheap taser guns & general garage sale junk?

at least, that is what the one in Del Mar became over the years so assumed they all became that way :)

you're SOOO right. there's really nothing to see at that big reno show. it's a complete bust. So, i advise all CGN members planning to attend to not go. there's nothing of value there but over-priced ammo and firearms, knives, and show parts.....
please don't go...
teehee.:43:

rg_1111@yahoo.com
04-11-2009, 8:58 PM
I might go see the junk.

Rudolf the Red
04-11-2009, 9:56 PM
Anyone remember Cow Palace gun shows in the early 90's?

There were guns. Lot's of guns. One guy alone had about six 8 foot tables of just Colt SSA's. Always right buy the front door. Ahhh, the good old days.

I never go to gun shows now. I don't need any knife sharprning gear, beef jerky, or anything beaded.

mean72nova
04-11-2009, 10:09 PM
actually the reno gun show is quite nice, ive been there for the last four years, plus you can get ncie drinks...:cool:

Gator Monroe
04-11-2009, 10:22 PM

At the last Big Reno Gun Show I found a used mystery "complete" LPK, new A2 grip, & a DPMS 10 round AR mag (All for $25.00 in a plastic baggie deal) and to dig through the huge plastic tubs & bins & boxes of AK/AR & OTHER MILSURP parts & goodies is well worth the Drive & admission (It's far better than Del Mar, Ventura,Costa Mesa, Cow Pallace or any California show !):thumbsup:

Xerxes
04-11-2009, 11:25 PM
The Big Reno show is the only true gun show left.

I have gone and spent over $1k and still left without a gun due to all the neat stuff they have.

Reminds me of the old Cal Expo and Cow Palace gun shows on steroids like being 3 to 5 times larger than the largest of those shows.

Only the old Great Western Gun shows of long past would rank better in my book.

Plus you can go gamble and dip your wick in an adjacent county if that fancies you!