PDA

View Full Version : John Stossel - ABC

remington
04-11-2009, 9:46 AM
JohnStossel@abcnews.com

Maybe if enough of us emailed he may respond in some. If you goto his webpage, he has his 2007 article about the myths of gun control. If you click on it to open it the article appears. To the right of the page is links to clips and shorts of the last night show.

I sent an email that was simple and non-hostile.

"Mr. Stossel,

People missed your unbiased, fair and investigative approach last night during the show "If I only had a Gun". Please take the time to watch the show your self and please review some of the 1200 comments in ABC's 20/20 webpage.

Thank You"

Hk996
04-11-2009, 10:15 AM
done

Young Version
04-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I will send an e-mail, I love John Stossel's specials.

dfletcher
04-11-2009, 11:40 AM
OK, you got me - here's mine just sent:

"Perhaps my e -mail should be titled "If 20/20 Only Had a Reporter" as your good work and objectivity were sorely missed in last night's broadcast. I've often heard of an actor's poor performance being referred to as phoned in. Miss Sawyer certainly played the part of a diligent reporter very well, but the substance of her report was unsubstantial and at times ran footage from previous broadcasts.

If Miss Sawyer wants to merely play the role of a journalist, perhaps Mr Nichols can assist her in that career transition?"

I think that qualifies as polite. ;)

Nodda Duma
04-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Here's my contribution to the flood of emails:

Mr. Stossel,

I had always believed 20/20 to be a good example of fair and unbiased reporting. However, after last night’s “If I Only Had a Gun” airing, it is readily apparent that 20/20 is nothing more than sensationalistic journalism. How did you allow your name to be associated with this airing?

The comments left for this airing on ABC’s 20/20 Webpage are enlightening. Almost all of them express utter disappointment with the episode “If I Only Had a Gun”

-Jason

red2sniper
04-12-2009, 10:47 AM
here is my letter:

Mr. Stossel, I sure missed your unbiased reporting on the show "if I only had a gun", sure wish that that would have been done by you instead, at least then there would have been some credibility. Maybe you can get your bosses to let you do a follow up story a "if I only had a gun, part 2"

Doug
Riverside, CA

bohoki
04-12-2009, 3:18 PM
i wonder if he stayed away from that or they kept him away from it

oldrifle
04-12-2009, 4:29 PM
Thanks for the e-mail address. I just wrote him this:

Dear Mr. Stossel,

I just wanted to write you after seeing Diane Sawyer's "If I Only Had a Gun" piece. In the days leading up to the broadcast, I was really looking forward to an unbiased look at the merits of gun ownership and concealed carry. Because I wholeheartedly believe in these freedoms and their many benefits to individuals and society as a whole, I naturally expected the piece to be favorable towards gun rights by the conclusion.

I'm sure you can guess that I was extremely disappointed. To say the piece was biased would be the understatement of the century. Not only was it obviously skewed towards the anti-gun perspective, I believe it was flat-out dangerous in its attempt to both demonize and marginalize those who choose to own and carry firearms, as well as those who support the cause of gun freedom. The situations and examples given in the program were absolutely sensational and many, many facts were just outright distorted. I'm sure that you were as angry as I was when you saw the piece (and for the same reasons) so I won't go in to the specifics. However, I implore you, PLEASE, as someone I know to have an enviable grasp on common sense and reason, please produce and have ABC air a rebuttal to the horrible program produced by your colleague Diane Sawyer. I've seen your piece on gun control from years back and I know that there is no better voice for our cause than yours.

Thank you for your time and for considering my humble request.

Sincerely,
X

Steyr_223
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Done..

GrizzAwoken
04-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Also sent an email. I don't ask him or anyone else to choose a side, all I and I feel we wish for is someone to display the actual facts and let viewers make their own opinion.

-Grizz