PDA

View Full Version : KTVU Ch. 2 Ammo regulations special on now

MT1
04-10-2009, 9:02 PM
Sorry if this is a repost but I figured anyone in the bay area would want to catch this - should be interesting...10pm news at some point in the broadcast...

BroncoBob
04-10-2009, 9:22 PM
They made a little comment about how some contriversal gun laws could be state wide.:eek:

MT1
04-10-2009, 9:36 PM
lol they built this up as some big special report and it was less than 5 minutes long...

Idiot gun shop owner saying that he had no issue with Deloen's bill :mad:

hoffmang
04-10-2009, 10:01 PM

You think he'd enjoy not competing with internet orders of ammo and relying on you having to pay whatever price his store chooses to mark it up to?

-Gene

truthseeker
04-10-2009, 10:13 PM
You think he'd enjoy not competing with internet orders of ammo and relying on you having to pay whatever price his store chooses to mark it up to?

-Gene

Exactamundo!

10fcp
04-10-2009, 10:28 PM
It was pretty chicken s..t I like the part about how long it takes for a backround check. It's a phone call away, no time needed. Most of the scum bags that kill with a gun stole one, guess what they probably stole ammo too. This is another bull sh.t way to make it a hassle to go shooting. Big plus for gun stores here if they make it so you have to buy from them and not online.

adamsreeftank
04-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Creeping incrementalism at work.

jassinpain
04-11-2009, 1:18 AM
If he really said that we should make sure everyone knows who he is and quit buying anything from him TODAY. See how he feels about it then.

lol they built this up as some big special report and it was less than 5 minutes long...

cousinkix1953
04-11-2009, 2:12 AM
I forgot the name of that gun shop; but people in the area should boycott them in protest. I knew the dealer was full of crap; when he didn't even mention that we tried this before. The Gun Control Act of 1968 required the stores to keep records showing the names and addresses of their customers who purchased ammunition. They also logged what kinds and how much we bought too.

The feds stopped logging ammo sales in the 70s because it prevented so little crime.

Those nutcases in Sacramento are recycling the same old laws. The AG confiscated 2000 SKS sporters from law abiding citizens; but they couldn't take one away from a child rapist who murdered four cops in Oakland.

I don't know about you guys, but I am tired of this BS...

bwiese
04-11-2009, 10:35 AM
-Gene

Probably one of CAFR's/Kathy Lynch's spokesmen.

berto
04-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Here's the video:

http://www.ktvu.com/video/19154842/index.html

Ron Kennedy, owner of Canyon Sports in Martinez, has no problem with the ammo bill.

rips31
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Makes me glad i didn't do today's ppt at his shop.

biglou
04-11-2009, 1:27 PM
Another reason to start reloading.

chickenfried
04-11-2009, 2:19 PM
LOL remembering all the "buy from your local B&M store, they fight harder for your rights" posts

Canyon Sports FTW

KylaGWolf
04-11-2009, 2:41 PM
Hoffmang of course they wouldn't mind that means more money in their pocket. Although I get the feeling that not many people from this board would go in his store and buy just because he was all for it.

7x57
04-11-2009, 4:27 PM
Probably one of CAFR's/Kathy Lynch's spokesmen.

So with the newfound amity between the CRPA and the NRA leaving CAFR the odd man out, is there any chance of exerting some pressure on them to work with us? I'm not sure we have too many levers on them. Some of our "flagship" FFLs threatening to create a "no compromise" alternative industry association? I suppose not.

The reason we'd *like* to have levers is obvious--the news media can go to them for quotes in support of the sort of anti-gun bills that happen to favor retailer's short-term bottom line. One would sort of hope they'd think about the fact that they're dealing with the same devil that has done a good job of running so many local shops out of business, but it seems that the short-term survival of those left controls the agenda.

7x57

Trader Jack
04-11-2009, 9:01 PM
I forgot the name of that gun shop; but people in the area should boycott them in protest. I knew the dealer was full of crap; when he didn't even mention that we tried this before. The Gun Control Act of 1968 required the stores to keep records showing the names and addresses of their customers who purchased ammunition. They also logged what kinds and how much we bought too.

The feds stopped logging ammo sales in the 70s because it prevented so little crime.

Those nutcases in Sacramento are recycling the same old laws. The AG confiscated 2000 SKS sporters from law abiding citizens; but they couldn't take one away from a child rapist who murdered four cops in Oakland.

I don't know about you guys, but I am tired of this BS...

You may be tired of the BS. BUT, what are you going to do about it?? Cry.

bwiese
04-11-2009, 9:10 PM
So with the newfound amity between the CRPA and the NRA leaving CAFR the odd man out, is there any chance of exerting some pressure on them to work with us?

I think it'd be useful to arrange for Wayne to have a little chat w/NSSF's Larry Keane, explain the CA details to Larry (i.e, the deep politics that doesn't make it across the border) and let things roll.

LAK Supply
04-11-2009, 9:33 PM
I have nothing but disgust for FFL's such as this. There are entirely too many of them out there that consider themselves something special, especially in CA where they are part of the cool kids' club that get CCW's and "hi-cap" mag permits.

Below is a link to their site along with contact info. I've already written a short note to the owner letting him know that, by at least one individual, his actions were noticed and will not be tolerated. People like him need to GTFO of the firearms industry and go back to working at Burger King (no offense intended to those who work at BK).

Deleted URL By Ivanimal

jacques
04-11-2009, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=LAK Supply;2307367]I have nothing but disgust for FFL's such as this. There are entirely too many of them out there that consider themselves something special, especially in CA where they are part of the cool kids' club that get CCW's and "hi-cap" mag permits.

Below is a link to their site along with contact info. I've already written a short note to the owner letting him know that, by at least one individual, his actions were noticed and will not be tolerated. People like him need to GTFO of the firearms industry and go back to working at Burger King (no offense intended to those who work at BK).

Good for you. :thumbsup:

There are a lot of these 'specials' popping up on TV A LOT lately. It is like the media is trying deperately to sway the public in preperation for a new AW ban.

chickenfried
04-11-2009, 11:32 PM
maybe he'll just get bitter and pissy...
You may be tired of the BS. BUT, what are you going to do about it?? Cry.

RRangel
04-11-2009, 11:56 PM
If he really said that we should make sure everyone knows who he is and quit buying anything from him TODAY. See how he feels about it then.

Yes, that's what I'd do.

jdberger
04-12-2009, 12:29 AM

-Gene

at $60 per 20 round box of .308, who would have thunk it....?

ChibiPaw
04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=LAK Supply;2307367]I have nothing but disgust for FFL's such as this. There are entirely too many of them out there that consider themselves something special, especially in CA where they are part of the cool kids' club that get CCW's and "hi-cap" mag permits.

Thanks for leading the voice of displease. wonder if he realized he had put himself on the **** list of a whole lot of people.. Especially with his statement immortalized on youtube. Im some what tempted to sub title these "specials" with commentaries explaining the scenes to those who aren't aware of all these underhanded motives.

Vtec44
04-12-2009, 12:58 AM
How realistic for this bill to become a statewide law? WHat are we doing to fight against this? How can we help/organize to fight this?

hoffmang
04-12-2009, 12:45 PM
How realistic for this bill to become a statewide law? WHat are we doing to fight against this? How can we help/organize to fight this?

It is very realistic sadly. When the right time comes we'll be working with NRA and CRPA to call/fax/and write the right elected officials at the right time.

By concentrating pressure on their offices we get noticed and can keep people off bills. However, moving too early tends to deaden the effect.

-Gene

Vtec44
04-12-2009, 7:26 PM
It is very realistic sadly. When the right time comes we'll be working with NRA and CRPA to call/fax/and write the right elected officials at the right time.

By concentrating pressure on their offices we get noticed and can keep people off bills. However, moving too early tends to deaden the effect.

-Gene

Gene,

Let us all know when to make the move, and we will do all we can to try and stop this.

James

Fate
04-12-2009, 8:28 PM
Not to be a downer on the torch and pitchfork party, but the owner of Canyon Sports never said he didn't mind it on camera, nor did he say he supported it. The only thing he's on camera saying is "no, not at all. We already do fingerprints for background checks, etc. I don't think this would affect anything." This was prefaced by the reporter's comment that the prospect of a new law "didn't bother him." Listening to Kennedy's answer closely, he sounds like he's saying it wouldn't be any more work for them than other requirements. I didn't take his actual comments (minus the reporter spin) to say he was all for the proposed law.

Joe
04-12-2009, 9:16 PM
Canyon sports is a piece of ****. I'll never go there again.

odysseus
04-12-2009, 9:44 PM
Ron Kennedy of Canyon Sports - NOT a friend of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. :mad:

Never went there before, certainly never will now.

ivanimal
04-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Ron Kennedy of Canyon Sports - NOT a friend of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. :mad:

Never went there before, certainly never will now.

Firstly, I called and talked directly to Ron about this. I was as concerned as anyone.....................

OK folks, this is why you should never talk to the media. The question that was asked to Ron was if he believed the need for a thumbprint would prevent people from buying ammunition. His answer was in relation to the fact that we need to be thumb printed now for guns and we keep buying them.

A short piece of his statement was edited to look like he was in agreement. I can tell you that Ron is PISSED off at how he and his store was portrayed after he opened his doors to them for a fair article. :mad:Lesson learned. :mad:This is a man that has spent at least 10 thousand dollars of his own money last year fighting for our rights and his livelihood. Say what you want about his store and employees, but don't believe for a moment that Ron said it was OK with him if hey passed that bill.

Never talk to the media, never trust the media!

As for those that said they wanted to do harm to him or his store, all I have to say is that your account here will be gone if you ever threaten anyone here again. I admire the passion but will never condone the message. I hope you read this loud and clear! I removed your statements as they could be viewed as criminal. If it happens again I will forward them to law enforcement.

jasilva
04-16-2009, 8:59 AM
Firstly, I called and talked directly to Ron about this. I was as concerned as anyone.....................

OK folks, this is why you should never talk to the media. The question that was asked to Ron was if he believed the need for a thumbprint would prevent people from buying ammunition. His answer was in relation to the fact that we need to be thumb printed now for guns and we keep buying them.

A short piece of his statement was edited to look like he was in agreement. I can tell you that Ron is PISSED off at how he and his store was portrayed after he opened his doors to them for a fair article. :mad:Lesson learned. :mad:This is a man that has spent at least 10 thousand dollars of his own money last year fighting for our rights and his livelihood. Say what you want about his store and employees, but don't believe for a moment that Ron said it was OK with him if hey passed that bill.

Never talk to the media, never trust the media!

As for those that said they wanted to do harm to him or his store, all I have to say is that your account here will be gone if you ever threaten anyone here again. I admire the passion but will never condone the message. I hope you read this loud and clear! I removed your statements as they could be viewed as criminal. If it happens again I will forward them to law enforcement.
-All of you geniuses who wanted to chat with reporters about open carry should sit up and take notice of what was done to this man.

-You know if they edited his statements to completely change the context he may have a legal case.

-But Ron is wrong about the thumbprint not affecting sales. It's not a long drive to Nevada and as a bonus a stop at Cabela's while there......

just sayin'

ivanimal
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
-All of you geniuses who wanted to chat with reporters about open carry should sit up and take notice of what was done to this man.

-You know if they edited his statements to completely change the context he may have a legal case.

-But Ron is wrong about the thumbprint not affecting sales. It's not a long drive to Nevada and as a bonus a stop at Cabela's while there......

just sayin'

He did not think it would stop us from buying ammo, it will affect sales but not for those of us that always find a way to get the ammo we use.

odysseus
04-16-2009, 10:59 PM
IVanimal, thanks for the update - puts some perspective on the matter. That video clip is quite repulsive.

Soldier415
04-16-2009, 11:04 PM
This is why I never talk to reporters over here.