PDA

View Full Version : ruger 10/22

Blacklist231
04-10-2009, 2:29 PM
Is one better than the other? or is it all looks? as far as the stainless, synthetic etc etc.

I will most likely be replacing the barrel, trigger...and maybe even stock. but I've been reading about plastic trigger parts etc etc. and just want to make sure I get the right one.

thanks!

Shane916
04-10-2009, 2:42 PM
The newer ones have a polymer trigger guard.

I'd normally say go for the stainless but I'm not to fond of Ruger's latest "stainless" finish. The blued regular version should be suitable.

Do you plan on replacing the stock as well for sure or just possibly?

We have them on sale for 199 this week at Sports Authority. Basic 10/22 with wood.

B.D.Dubloon
04-10-2009, 2:50 PM
Depending on how much more they are, it might be worth getting the synthetic stock and stainless barrel. You can sell the stocks for a decent amount of money, and I would hang on to the barrel if Iwere you. I got a fluted bull barrel but I kept my stock one because it is so much lighter. I also kept the wood stock. Changing the barrel and stock are so easy that it is nice to have the option if you don't want to take your aftermarket stuff into the field, if you got a really slick stock or something. I know I expressed 2 different (and slightly contradictory perspectives here) but I would go with the wood stock/ stainless barrel, mine was only ten bucks more than the nonstainless barrel.

BDD

Blacklist231
04-10-2009, 3:49 PM
I will most likely change the stock... my buddy said some barrels wont fit in the standard stocks..and require some filing? I like the black synthetic stocks, but assume I would have to go aftermarket for an aftermarket barrel :confused:

Sixer
04-10-2009, 3:51 PM
if u want to put in a .920 bull barrel it would require filing of the origional stock to fit, and most after market barrels are in the .920 size

CmpsdNoMore
04-10-2009, 3:53 PM
Some target barrels are too big to fit in the standard stock.

aznanimekid
04-10-2009, 4:07 PM
The newer ones have a polymer trigger guard.

I'd normally say go for the stainless but I'm not to fond of Ruger's latest "stainless" finish. The blued regular version should be suitable.

Do you plan on replacing the stock as well for sure or just possibly?

We have them on sale for 199 this week at Sports Authority. Basic 10/22 with wood.

which sports authority would this be at?

SDRuger
04-10-2009, 6:50 PM
Yeah none of the Sports Authorities in SD sell guns!

Arteel
04-10-2009, 6:53 PM
Gilroy?

Gator Monroe
04-10-2009, 7:11 PM
A 1966 10/22 International (With Original clear plastic roatary mag) is as good as it gets !

Mason McDuffie
04-10-2009, 7:14 PM
Get the basic 1022 brotha. Your gonna be replacing so much stuff on it I would be surprised at the end if anything original remains.

stich
04-11-2009, 7:38 AM
Get the basic 1022 brotha. Your gonna be replacing so much stuff on it I would be surprised at the end if anything original remains.

+1 on that. I bought the SS and synthetic combo for $225. Never shot it before I completely changed out everything (less reciever) on it. I shold have bought somthing used. If I could find one.

ViPER395
04-11-2009, 7:50 AM
Most target bbls will not fit the standard stock, period. There are a couple mfrs who make tapered target bbls for field use.

Some target barrels are too big to fit in the standard stock.

RogueSniper
04-11-2009, 8:15 AM
If you're replacing everything, get the cheapest, basic, or even used one. If there's a BassPro nearby, they're selling the 10/22 for $199, until 4/19, according to the flyer. 20" barrel, blued, no barrel band.

I have a Deluxe Sporter, better stock and very accurate. I have a couple of aftermarket stocks and barrels (.920) to swap out depending on what I plan to do that day.

Shane916
04-11-2009, 11:05 AM
which sports authority would this be at?

I work at the Carmichael - Sports Authority. Basically east Sac.

Our district stores that carry firearms + ammo are...

Carmichael
Arden "Sacramento"
Roseville

and I believe either the Fresno or Vacaville stores do as well.

I don't believe any of the SoCal stores carry firearms.