PDA

View Full Version : LEO comments on trunk gun?

swift
04-10-2009, 6:10 AM
What do you think about non-LEOkeeping an unloaded long arm as a trunk gun?

BigDogatPlay
04-10-2009, 6:30 AM
If I don't see it, and especially if I don't hear it, why would I care? :)

CnCFunFactory
04-11-2009, 1:46 AM
If I don't see it, and especially if I don't hear it, why would I care? :)

LOL

yzernie
04-11-2009, 8:36 AM
As long as you play by the rules I wouldn't have a problem with that.

eltee
04-12-2009, 9:19 AM
I keep one in one of the family cars, the one I primarily drive. However, my wife may drive it so the rifle is kept in compliance. It is taken apart (takedown rifle), in a case, no ammo in the gun. My wife isn't an LEO but if they run the plates it will come up LEO.

CAL.BAR
04-12-2009, 9:22 AM
I keep one in one of the family cars, the one I primarily drive. However, my wife may drive it so the rifle is kept in compliance. It is taken apart (takedown rifle), in a case, no ammo in the gun. My wife isn't an LEO but if they run the plates it will come up LEO.

As has been proven by an OC register investigation, that is just as good as if she were a LEO. (I suspect she doesn't get many tickets right?)

red2sniper
04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
my opinion is that "its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it!"

I have personally run into people who are good citizens who have done things like this, I tell them to shhhhhhhh, they dont have to confess their souls to me! The only time I have a problem is when I am pulling them over and they keep driving so as to hide the gun/magazine under their seats with the "furtive movements". I stopped one guy who had a .45 on his dash with the slide locked back and unloaded, when I saw it I didnt even say a word to him about it. When I had him sign his ticket he asked if it was ok to have it like that, I told him it would be better on the seat, not on the dash where everybody could see it!

Ron-Solo
04-13-2009, 3:21 PM
I don't have a problem with any legally eligible person carrying an unloaded weapon in their trunk.

The only problem I have is that guns left in cars frequently get stolen and all of a sudden Little Johnny No-Good is strutting around with a gun he liberated from a trunk where someone forgot to lock the car, or had the window smashed and they got to the trunk release in the passenger car, or just popped the lock with a screwdriver. That I don't like too much.

People tend to forget about them in the trunk. They tend to get lazy and just leave them in there, and then they disappear after a while.

Think carefully before exercising this option. Keep your guns out of the crooks hands.

yzernie
04-14-2009, 9:25 AM
As has been proven by an OC register investigation, that is just as good as if she were a LEO. (I suspect she doesn't get many tickets right?)
You believe everything you read? I have given more citizens breaks on traffic stops than I could possibly remember. Based on your above comment, that would also not be ok with you?

tyrist
04-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Better hide it well because it will make your vehicle a prime target for a burglary.

7222 Hawker
04-16-2009, 9:25 PM
I would be more worried about the burg than a street cop. Most guys I know wouldn't give you a hard time at all if you are respectful and don't go around looking for a reason to use it. Remember, a lot of cops are gun guys too. They only get brainwashed when they start running for an elected position!