PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood actor sounds off

citpeks2000
04-09-2009, 2:04 PM
Not too bad. Wish there were more like him.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/ggraham/2009/04/08/to-arms/

To Arms!!!
by Gary Graham

A week ago, a horrendous crime took place in a nursing home in Carthage, North Carolina. Seven innocent lives were taken by an unhinged dirtbag apparently upset at his ex-wife. Fortunately, a brave police officer answered the call, engaged the perpetrator in a gun fight, and though he took three rounds to the legs, managed to deliver a center-mass hit onto said dirtbag, dropping him in his tracks. This courageous officer kept his head, and, with bullets pounding around and into him, kept his muzzle on target long enough to bring to an end a tragedy that may have been a whole lot worse.

A few days ago, an even more egregious travesty upon the innocent occurred in upstate New York. A disgruntled man blocked off the exit to a community service building with his car, then went around front and entered the building firing a high-powered rifle. Before the rampage was done, fourteen souls were gone, including the shooter’s.

Predictably, there surfaced immediately the usual suspects who painted this tragedy as further evidence that more comprehensive and restrictive gun laws are needed, now more than ever.

In reality, nothing could be further from the truth.

But first let me say that my heart breaks for the families of those killed and wounded in this past week’s slayings. They were done in both cases by deranged men, intent upon murdering innocent and unarmed people. You will notice that in the most recent case, the scumbag killed himself quickly and painlessly before having to confront the consequences of his evil actions. (And those of us who believe in the afterlife know of what consequences await him.) The shooter at the convalescent home took on a policeman and one shot dropped him. What’s my point? Almost all of these killers are cowards. They arm themselves to the teeth and go up against an unarmed enemy no more formidable than a cornered herd of sheep.

How very brave of them.

The Main Stream Media is busy screeching two questions: 1) Where did the shooter get the weapons? and 2) What was his motive?

I’m sorry… but who gives a sh*t?? Anyone can get a gun anywhere in the world, regardless of the prevailing gun laws. As for motive…hey, I don’t care whether he was frustrated about his unemployment, or the fact that he couldn’t speak English, or his favorite for American Idol got voted off. What difference does any of that make when a deranged ******* decides to go postal? Is society now to walk on eggs, even more tolerant and deferential than we already are; constantly scared to death that we might inadvertently say or do something that may offend a tender sensibility and trigger a violent orgy of mass murder? Hey…not in my movie.

A day after the horrendous mass-shooting in Binghamton, a deranged scum-dog kill-‘em-there A-hole gunned down three Pittsburgh Police Officers. His picture (along with assorted tattoos) was immediately thrown onto the media screens, quoting his words that, “Crazy to me is going through the motions … Crazy to me is letting each day slip past you. Crazy is being insignificant. Crazy is being obscure, pointless.”

My plea to ALL media: Stop putting their faces on the news! These scumbags who are virtually screaming, “Hey world look at me! I killed a bunch of people! Now I matter! I’m a star!!” (Yeah, pal - nice career move.) You, in the media, are giving these coward miscreants exactly what they want - to be media stars for 15 minutes. They couldn’t get enough attention to suit their self-possessed, meaningless existence, so they went for the easy way into infamy - they locked and loaded and snuffed out a bunch of innocent lives. ”But it’s our job to report the news,” you say in your lame attempt to insulate yourselves from complicity; but you in the media are accomplices in this sad, sick media mobius. Report the news and refuse to put their pictures up! Refuse to give them what they want — media exposure. Don’t let them ‘go out in a blaze of glory’. Do not yield to the impulse to pick the low hanging fruit; let the other jerks do that. Be better than the rest. Your coverage encourages other would-be psycho killers. Surely you can see this. Surely there must be some moral integrity left somewhere in the media. How about exercising just a modicum of social responsibility for a change?

But I digress.

It is a grievous sadness that anyone had to die at the hands of these demented homicidal losers. Dialing 911 is of course a good thing when the sh*t goes down - but the police are a dispatch call away. The responder in last week’s case in Binghamton, N.Y. was there very quickly, less than five minutes, I understand. But generally it takes an overworked police force longer to arrive on the scene - at least it does in my neighborhood. But even at five minutes…a lot can happen within that time. And in New York, by the time the several SWAT teams arrived, the damage was done, fourteen people were already dead.

Beyond the inevitable, yet ultimately meaningless, questions of why he did it, there’s a much more important question we should be asking ourselves: What if one or more of those innocent civilians had been packing, and was trained, and drew his or her gun…and shot back?

Things may have turned out very differently.

Mayhem
04-09-2009, 2:37 PM
Gun control can only accomplish one thing and one thing only. It can make it near impossible for convicted felon or nutjob from walking into a gun shop and legitimately and legally walking out with a gun. Nothing more ... period ... end of discussion.

Criminals will always be able to get guns and there is no dip stick go - no go test as to who will crack and become a nutjob.

As social and economic pressures increase there will be a slight increase in the amount of people who react to stress by Cracking and become nutjobs

The nutjob cases have little or no effect on the overall crime rate. Yet they seem to get more then their fair share of media attention to the point the averaged Joe Citizen thinks that nutjobs are going off everywhere all the time.

God forbid the nutjob gets killed or kills himself as then society Gets bent becuase it can't get it's revenge or closure, So what happens next ... society wants something to blame ... the Media, Music, Movies, Video games, Parents of the nutjob. The media automatically starts pointing the finger at Guns. God forbid the industry that makes Billions of dollars by making entertainment of violence, Pain, and suffering, should actually take any responsibility for their part by glorifying violence.

Right now in California it is easier for a Criminal to get a Firearm Illegally then it is for me a Law abiding citizen from getting a firearm legally. The criminal has no wait, no background check, No restrictive "safe gun" list limiting his selection. no restrictions on pistol grips and magazines or bullet size, No one handgun a month restrictions, The criminal doesn't even have to take a test for a handgun safety certificate. Why becuase the only restriction is the law. Criminals by their very nature do not obey the law. I as law abiding citizen em restricted because I obey the Law.

Look at Lovell Mixon, On parole forever barred by law from owning possessing or purchasing a firearm for the rest of his life. Yes he killed 4 police officers for which one of the weapons he used was already banned in California yet the law didn't stop him. If someone is intent on committing murder which is by far the most heinous crime one could commit I doubt a few gun laws and restriction are going to deter them, this goes for the nutjobs as well.

The Wingnut
04-09-2009, 3:34 PM
...there is no dip stick go - no go test as to who will crack and become a nutjob.

This is the dirty, never-spoken constant fear of the anti-2A crowd - none of us can be trusted not to snap and use our legally acquired weapons to go on a rampage. That, and the irrational fear of an armed society turning into a lead-slinging free-for-all.

Their solution to this non-existent and unprecedented problem is to take all the firearms away from everyone. The fact that they'll create a huge society of defenseless victims for the unscrupulous and lawless isn't even figured into the equation. So long as the majority of individuals are unarmed, we'll all get along just peachy, according to them.

BALDERDASH.

garandguy10
04-09-2009, 5:21 PM
I have never heard of a Hollywood actor named Gary Graham, and after that article he wrote, I am sure that he will not be getting many acting jobs in Hollywood anymore.

Th blacklist in Hollywood runs wide and deep, If you do not agree and march lock step with the powers that be in Hollywood, you starve.

I do not think that we will be seeing much of Mr. Graham on the big or little screen anymore.

mrkubota
04-09-2009, 5:38 PM
He's already plenty popular as a TV character actor... mainly sci-fi flicks like Alien Nation and Star Trek... I'm sure you'd recognize him if you saw his pic.

http://garygraham.com/

JimAmentler
04-09-2009, 9:22 PM
I met Gary way back when at B&B Guns when they were around. Nice guy, very down to earth and has been a "gun guy" openly in Hollyweird for decades.

Seesm
04-09-2009, 9:46 PM
How about some media attention on good gun stories...? Like legal gun owners (not bad guys) doing good things like carrying and helping people...????

The media sucks the way they grab at all the bad only...

Kid Stanislaus
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
How about some media attention on good gun stories...? Like legal gun owners (not bad guys) doing good things like carrying and helping people...???? The media sucks the way they grab at all the bad only...

"Dog bites man" is not a big news story, "Man bites dog" is. Law abiding citizens thwarting crime with a firearm is a "Dog bites man" story to the media. They'll NEVER get it straight.

KylaGWolf
04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I see that gary graham has been around for a while although other than Enterprise I cant say that I have really seen anything he has been on. Or if I have it didn't stick in my memory. Nice to see someone in the entertainment field stand up and say something though.