PDA

View Full Version : 60 Million Gun Owners

Ten Rounder
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
If the government wants registration and we 60 million strong say NO and do not comply.

Would it be possible that we hide them and then turn ourselves all in one mass all on the same day-same hour for non compliance?

We know the criminals will never need to register theirs. When all the criminals register theirs, So will I.

Dark&Good
04-09-2009, 1:43 PM
Peaceful, en mass non-compliance might achieve something...

...although I look at the paperwork we go through when buying any new gun, and I think of it as registration.

bulgron
04-09-2009, 3:38 PM
Everything purchased or transferred into California (legally) is already registered with the state. How hard would it be for the feds to grab that database? Answer: trivial.

nobody_special
04-09-2009, 4:14 PM
Everything purchased or transferred into California (legally) is already registered with the state

Not true. There is no requirement to register long guns that are not AWs in California.

Dark&Good
04-09-2009, 4:20 PM
Not true. There is no requirement to register long guns that are not AWs in California.

Well, that might be right, but we still do. What's that paperwork when you start your 10-day wait? It's not called registration... :rolleyes:

Librarian
04-09-2009, 5:24 PM
Well, that might be right, but we still do. What's that paperwork when you start your 10-day wait? It's not called registration... :rolleyes:

With long guns, there's no make, model, caliber or serial number sent in with DROS. Intrafamilial transfer doesn't require a form for long guns.

Handguns, OTOH ...

dustoff31
04-09-2009, 5:38 PM
Everything purchased or transferred into California (legally) is already registered with the state. How hard would it be for the feds to grab that database? Answer: trivial.

They already have it. NICS information is retained by the FBI. The NICS form has the FFL's ID number on it, they go there and go through his 4473's until they find you. And of course the 4473's do have make, model, and serial number of the firearm.

So is it registration? No. It's merely a means of knowing or finding out who owns what guns.

Dark&Good
04-09-2009, 6:49 PM
With long guns, there's no make, model, caliber or serial number sent in with DROS. Intrafamilial transfer doesn't require a form for long guns.

Handguns, OTOH ...

Last time I bought a shotgun, the guy behind the counter had some trouble finding the serial number and model of the firearm on the box... why did he need those? I honestly don't know.

MontClaire
04-09-2009, 6:53 PM
if only 10 percent of that count will properly voice their concerns......we'd get what we need out of congress. Unfortunately people in our country are afraid to speak up in what they believe.

Gator Monroe
04-09-2009, 6:55 PM

There are Soooooooo many unknown guns (stashed years ago in walls & attics & basements by long dead people) & hidden(then forgotten or lost) and burried by paranoid folks that the Government will never find them all even if it was givern top priority and billions were spent in the effort (in 20 years of trying they could maby finf 1/3 of them ...

joaoalegre
04-09-2009, 7:41 PM

That paperwork is supposed to be purged after 30 days.
Ya know, the government NEVER spy on its own citizens illegally.

Dark&Good
04-09-2009, 8:03 PM
That paperwork is supposed to be purged after 30 days.
Ya know, the government NEVER spy on its own citizens illegally.

Oh, sure, I know THAT ;)