PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: 'We Want Registration'; Holder: 2A Won't 'Stand In The Way'; SAF: 'Gloves Are

chris
04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
who says the demos don't want more gun control i call it hogwash after reading this one. call it what you will but this crap smells like S***.
if it is a dupe sorry.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-08-2009/0005003176&EDATE=

BELLEVUE, Wash., April 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not "stand in the way" of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

"These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder," said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. "It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners' rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off."

Pelosi's revelation came during an interview on ABC's Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress "never denied" the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, "We want them registered. We don't want them crossing state lines..." Gottlieb noted that citizens' rights do not stop at state lines.

"But that doesn't really matter," he observed. "History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation."

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: "I don't think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon."

"These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice," Gottlieb said. "They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi's California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn't disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won't prevent crime, either.

"The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights," Gottlieb said. "The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven't hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

SOURCE Second Amendment Foundation

the so called pro democrats have better stand up to that useless turd of a speaker and tell her to pound sand. if not then all demoKrats are gun grabers in my book. less than 4 months of Obama administration this crap is starting. thanks gun owners for voting for BHO.

IGOTDIRT4U
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: "I don't think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon."

The top legal authority in the US Gov't is advocating tossing aside an enumerated right in the BOR. Straight from the book of Marx.

foxtrotuniformlima
04-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I guess I read AG Holders comments differently. Or maybe I just want to.

Sounds like he is saying that what they need to do to stop the flow of guns south has little to do with our 2A rights and more to do with the ATF enforcing existing regulations with manufacturers and FFL holders.

Mexico's gun problems have nothing to do with the 2A.

chuckles48
04-09-2009, 12:37 PM

Sounds like he is saying that what they need to do to stop the flow of guns south has little to do with our 2A rights and more to do with the ATF enforcing existing regulations with manufacturers and FFL holders.

Mexico's gun problems have very little to do with the US in general. Most of their gun problem is coming in via existing drug pipelines, not over the US border. Like "90+%" most.

dfletcher
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM

You're absolutely right about that - if you have the ear of our AG and Secretary of State that would be great, I think they need some convincing.

If someone said a locked door "won't stand in the way" of me getting into your home I would take that as an assertion they're going to do what they want regardless of what happens to that locked door - break it down, dismantle it or blast it apart.

I think when someone turns that phrase they view that something as an impediment, something to be overcome and dispensed with by any means available.

hawk1
04-09-2009, 1:56 PM
Another thank you from me to the Calgunners that voted these asshats in...:mad: