PDA

View Full Version : Anything still going on in Kosovo?

Maddog5150
04-09-2009, 2:19 AM
I saw on military.com that we are still deploying large amounts of troops to kosovo. Any real reason for this? Is there any violence or altercations going on there? Just seems to me that with more troops needed in Afganistan, why wouldnt we let the UN take care of kosovo.

Stormfeather
04-09-2009, 6:40 AM
We still deploy troops to Kosovo because it is a UN action. The USA is still part of the UN, so we have to send a contingent of troops and recycle those that are currently there. You will also find a large assortment of other nations visible while on duty there. As for any action going on, nope, got a few friends there now, they said it was cold as hell during the winter, and the weather is finally breaking out to look like spring. They should be home later this year. From what ive been told, the most violent altercations usually happen when the troops get bored and fight amongst each other to alleviate the boredom!

docsmileyface
04-09-2009, 8:06 AM
theres a lot going on in kosovo. like drinking and having sex with women

musclebird05
04-09-2009, 1:15 PM
Hopefully sumone would be really squared away and get everyone in their unit internet for the rooms. So troops dont get too bored and fight amongst each other. Maybe they could look at gun-stuff to buy online or sumthin....i dunno, hear about that sumwhere. haha

-thank you Stormfeather and thank you CALGUNS!

echang72
04-13-2009, 10:15 PM
im actually gonna be going to kosovo soon :]

6172crew
04-14-2009, 4:13 PM
I know of a guy who is over there right now...his unit is in LA.

haodoken
04-15-2009, 9:00 AM
We still deploy troops to Kosovo because it is a UN action. The USA is still part of the UN, so we have to send a contingent of troops and recycle those that are currently there. You will also find a large assortment of other nations visible while on duty there. As for any action going on, nope, got a few friends there now, they said it was cold as hell during the winter, and the weather is finally breaking out to look like spring. They should be home later this year. From what ive been told, the most violent altercations usually happen when the troops get bored and fight amongst each other to alleviate the boredom!

Yes, US is part of the UN but this is a NATO mission. UNMIK (UN Mission in Kosovo) DOES NOT have command authority over NATO forces. :) Over there we've turned over majority of control back to Kosovar Gov't/Police/KPC. All FOBs closed, only one major camp left. I was there in '04-'06 when things were slowly moving in that direction. Not a bad deployment gig though. Probably even more boring when I was there. :thumbsup:

1SGMAT
04-21-2009, 2:01 PM
Short Answer, NO!