View Full Version : Business partners wanted - not looking for investors

04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I am formulating an interesting business venture. It would require the assistance of people with knowledge and connections that I lack. I offer the knowledge and connections that those I seek may lack.

Without getting into specifics, if you meet the following qualifications, and are interested in hearing more, let me know.

- Mature. I mean "aged" and "experienced". Not a hit against younger candidates, but this venture requires a bit of life experiences.

- Veteran. Doesn't matter when, where or how. Just as long as there's an honorable discharge on your DD214. Those with multiple-enlistment records are preferred.

- Connected. Through your job, your community, your past jobs, your spouse...doesn't matter, as long as you know of a couple people that you could call on for specialized assistance if need be.

- Open. This means you won't shut stuff down. You have an active imagination. You can look at a delipidated building for sale and say "Man, the things I could do with this...", not "Who on Earth would want to buy this?"

- Available. You like what I have to say after saying it. Enough to go full time.

I doubt this will bring in a lot of folks, but figured I'd give it a whirl here, as this board's clientele is likely the best group to find interested folks, if ya catch my drift (hint hint hint hint hint hint)

04-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Are you trying to sell Amway? PM sent.

04-09-2009, 6:34 PM
haha Amway!

No...I would have given more info to you today but have been running around like a chicken with a recently severed cash supply.

04-09-2009, 7:32 PM
Building a pyramid?

04-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Im in! i have ropes and pulleys! Seriously though.

04-10-2009, 7:17 AM
I know Vince from ShamWow got his butt kicked by that lady, but I didn't think they were looking for a new spokesperson yet... ;)

04-10-2009, 8:44 AM
I only hit 3 of your 5 requirements. I am willing to network and help in any way. PM sent.

04-10-2009, 8:52 AM
I believe those of us "mature" members will probably need a little more than a Zig Ziglar spin to peak our interest. Who are you, whats your idea, what type company etc etc

04-10-2009, 9:52 PM

04-10-2009, 9:57 PM
BTW - Zig would fit the role quite well :) He served in WWII in the Navy and always sees potential in everything! The irony kills me :) Best of success in your endeavor - if you need anything let me know.

04-11-2009, 2:26 AM
I am (in chronological order) a former Marine, general sales manager, UCLA grad and soon-to-be veteran of Chapman Law (May ends my three year tour in Legalnam). I was, at one time, gravitating towards revolutionizing the marketing world with a (still) unique and fully customized php/MySQL collaborative advertising engine, but Internet billionaires and I don't play well together.

I'm not trying to sell anything to anyone with this thread; I spent 6 years in sales and hate the process. What I'm formulating fills a void in a very niche market, and having extra brains in on the process can't do anything but help.

I'm no Zig Ziglar, and that's not modesty speaking but rather my ego. Those things that are needed are purchased...sales is the art of "de minimus defrauding" people by making needless things seem "needed". I don't mean to insult anyone in sales, but if you've been doing it long enough you know I speak the truth. Municipal water utilities don't sell water to citizens, they provide water to citizens who pay for it.

04-11-2009, 7:55 AM
I am finding myself interested with what you are doing. I am a lead mechanic in a big company and I know a lot of people there, Drivers and other general employees in operations,routing,wharehouse,Etc. pm me details........

04-12-2009, 6:27 PM
Northern CA people disqualified?
I'm in the bay area.

04-12-2009, 8:51 PM
Location shouldn't disqualify...webcams, cell phones, intarweb etc should mitigate distance issues.

I'm typing up a very primitive executive summary that I'll PM to everyone who has responded thus far. Should be done some time this evening.

04-13-2009, 2:59 PM
What kind of business experience are you looking for? I know you might want to keep things closely guarded but perhaps you can expand on the type of skills that will help you with your business venture.

Matt C
04-14-2009, 9:50 PM
I would be interested and I certainly meet all your qualifications, except that I'm not yet mature, although I'm getting closer day by day... Let me know if you want a resume.

04-14-2009, 9:56 PM
A "teaser" executive summary is on its way out to all who have PMed me.

04-14-2009, 11:27 PM
I fit all but two..

Mature, I'm 25.

Veteran, I do have several military type training credentials but thats about it.

04-17-2009, 12:12 AM

04-23-2009, 7:19 AM
Wcones, send me one of those teaser summaries as well please.