PDA

View Full Version : San Fransisco's police captian tells it like it is

10fcp
04-07-2009, 5:28 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0728/9591734.300k.asx

M. Sage
04-07-2009, 6:07 PM
He's not a police officer AFAIK. Going off my memory of this event, he's either the spokesman or head of the SFPD Police Officers Association.

Solidmch
04-07-2009, 6:59 PM
He's not a police officer AFAIK. Going off my memory of this event, he's either the spokesman or head of the SFPD Police Officers Association.

He is the president of the SFPOA< He is an officer!

10fcp
04-07-2009, 7:06 PM
Sorry, I may have his title wrong. None the less he makes some excellent pionts and gets a ada boy from me.

Vtec44
04-07-2009, 7:15 PM
Regardless of who he is, dang good points.

M. Sage
04-07-2009, 7:19 PM
He is the president of the SFPOA< He is an officer!

He's got two jobs? I didn't know he was an officer at the same time. Sounds a bit like a conflict of interest, especially since those are both full-time jobs. But yeah, I knew he was SFPOA, just assumed he was a standard-issue union puke.

Untamed1972
04-07-2009, 7:19 PM
Now we just need the LEOs to get up in front of the cameras and call the media out on the other stupid crime/criminal/gun control crap they spew too!

Maybe talk about how some innocent people wouldn't have to die at the hands of crazy people if more responsible, law-abiding citizens were allowed to protect themselves.

M. Sage
04-07-2009, 7:20 PM
Maybe talk about how some innocent people wouldn't have to die at the hands of crazy people if more responsible, law-abiding citizens were allowed to protect themselves.

You miss the part at the funeral where someone, I believe it was this guy, calls citizens "sheep".

Paladin
04-07-2009, 7:23 PM
Going off my memory of this event, he's either the spokesman or head of the SFPD Police Officers Association.

How long ago was this?

If SF had any sense, they'd elect him for mayor. But then again, if SF had any sense it would not represent everything SF represents to the rest of the nation. :rolleyes: (If CA had any sense, we'd elect him for governor!)

It must be hard being a good cop in SF. Almost as hard as being one in Oakland where some of the locals cheered the killing of those 4 LEOs a couple weeks ago. :mad:

Untamed1972
04-07-2009, 7:31 PM
You miss the part at the funeral where someone, I believe it was this guy, calls citizens "sheep".

Yeah.....I missed that part. Maybe they'd have a different opinion if they weren't afraid to let some folks be the sheep dogs they're meant to be.

Paladin
04-07-2009, 7:32 PM
You miss the part at the funeral where someone, I believe it was this guy, calls citizens "sheep".That's probably true when talking about your average Joe "Metro-sexual" (at best) citizen in ultra-liberal SF. Liberalism fosters dependency upon government, sheep bleating for sheepdogs to protect them from the wolves. Because liberalism fosters sheep, it makes being a wolf safer and profitable.

I somehow doubt he (assuming it was him) would say that if he was a LEO in Texas.

Jarrod
04-07-2009, 7:37 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0728/9591734.300k.asx

Urrragh!:thumbsup:

eltee
04-07-2009, 7:43 PM
Under the union's collective bargaining agreement / memorandum of understanding, the president of the POA who is a working police officer is detailed to do union work for the duration of his term of office. This is a common practice for big police unions. He retains full police status and is subject to recall for special events.

Same for the Sheriff's union in SF IIRC.

Both retain their salaries and benefits but I'm not positive if it is paid for by union dues or not.

farmerjoe
04-07-2009, 8:22 PM
Both retain their salaries and benefits but I'm not positive if it is paid for by union dues or not.

The union reimburses the City and County for their salaries and benefits for the duration of their time in office. When he's done, he'll go back to working the streets.

1BigPea
04-07-2009, 8:42 PM
Wow.

That was good. I wish there was more criticism of the media out there. It always seems like they are questioning the police actions over the criminals, he hit it right on point.

Ducman
04-07-2009, 8:55 PM
does someone have a link on the original incident?

swhatb
04-07-2009, 9:12 PM
anybody have this in a transcript form?

chefdude
04-07-2009, 9:26 PM
Plus one...its about time those Judges in my home town are held accountable for their B.S. decisions.......

Bob Ragen
04-08-2009, 5:54 PM
Between this video and the one from the SO's in Maricopa County seems like leo's aregetting fed up with the bogus rulings just like the rest of us. It's about time that leo's start taking the media to task also.

BigDogatPlay
04-08-2009, 7:39 PM
Gary Delanges is, IIRC, either an Inspector or Inspector Sergeant.... a detective to the rest of the world. Someone who works in or around SFPD would know for sure.

The five principal officers of the SFPOA (president, VP, secretary, treasurer and sergeant at arms) are all peace officers and all on detached duty to the POA for the duration of their term.

24thMED
04-08-2009, 8:00 PM
How long ago was this?

I believe this happened in 2006.

M. Sage
04-08-2009, 8:09 PM
does someone have a link on the original incident?

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18396-police-officer-nick-tomasito-birco

I somehow doubt he (assuming it was him) would say that if he was a LEO in Texas.

It's certainly not a good way to remain a cop in Texas.

Thinking back, I can't remember if it was him or Fong who said it, though I doubt that Fong knows what a sheep dog is...