PDA

View Full Version : KNow of a good website for military style tattoos?

Maddog5150
04-07-2009, 6:22 PM
Looking for a good reference to military style tattoos. Me and some buddies want to get one after or during our first deployment but would like to see some ideas first.

pjmeado
04-07-2009, 6:43 PM
Maddog, my sugestion would be to wait until after your first deployment. You may find something that actually means something to you and your buddies from your deployment.

goathead
04-07-2009, 8:08 PM
military.com

Maddog5150
04-07-2009, 8:15 PM
eh. military.com has some decent ones but most are memorial tattoos. looking for a place that has decen clip art like tattoojohnny.com

chris
04-08-2009, 5:52 PM
dude wait til after your first deployment. like pjmeado said you may see or do something that will remind you of it. i have one i want to get now after my deployment and it is a patch SF gave me and my friends from the SWAT team they trained. means alot to me.

Maddog5150
04-08-2009, 9:08 PM
Figured I would just get ideas now, build them up then have something in the ol noggin to tweak and modify for when I get back.

ChuckBooty
04-08-2009, 9:32 PM
I don't see why you should have to wait until you're deployed...got tatted now and then get MORE after you get deployed. You're a soldier and a patriot. Get it inked man!

Requiem
04-09-2009, 7:02 PM
I'm getting a meat tat soon. Just last name and initials, last four, and blood type... that's just me tho ;)

none of the fancy dog tag bs. just text.

Mason McDuffie
04-09-2009, 7:04 PM
I remember the guys fresh out of boot gettin tats. I saw some of those guys at SERE school. The 'badmen' really liked the ones with unit and specialty designators. Just my opinion, stick with something only you and your friend would understand. No need to give fuel to interrogations is my thoughts.

Jamez
04-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't see why you should have to wait until you're deployed...got tatted now and then get MORE after you get deployed. You're a soldier and a patriot. Get it inked man!
ditto!

There's no rush to get a tat though. I'm just now pricing mine for my first deployment from '04.

For ideas I just usually Google my ideas or ink sites.

jayfarley3
04-20-2009, 1:15 AM
checkoutmyink.com has a lot of tattoo pictures.

Soldier415
04-20-2009, 5:49 AM
You can use my back, chest and arms as a reference :p

(no homo of course)

gn3hz3ku1*
05-02-2009, 4:25 PM
you can get a hand tattooed on your booty if you dont want to deploy ;) ..

btw i know a former operator whose wife had this... i dont know why he decided to tell everyone...

Manong0369
05-02-2009, 4:54 PM
I'm getting a meat tat soon. Just last name and initials, last four, and blood type... that's just me tho ;)

none of the fancy dog tag bs. just text.

Getting a "meat tag" cool and simple.

For the OP, if you feel like getting one go for it. You can always get another one that has more meaning from your deployment. Why not get a unit tattoo like the ones on TattoJohny.com. Like the skull with cross rifles with the unit ID. IMHO, very cool.:thumbsup:

bobfried
05-03-2009, 2:49 PM
I'd hold off on any tattoo's now, wait a few years than see where you are. Note that if you ever want to do any of the "cool" jobs or do anything with a firearms on the civilian side (yes that's a few years away but years go by fast) that a tattoo will be detrimental to you and your eventual career.

All of the people I have ever met that carries an Army ID with the name John Smith on it did not have any tattoos, or had scars where tattoos might have been. I've also known quite a few federal agents and only a handful had tattoo's, all of them in very discreet places.

Just don't be that guy with a tattoo on your neck or somewhere that a simple T-shirt will not cover up. DO not get anything with any of your information or anything that you have done or wish to do in the future on it. Your best bet is as someone else have already mentioned, something that only you and your friends can understand. And believe me when I say that a tour anywhere that has sand will give you and your buddies some very creative and weird things that only each other can understand.

freonr22
05-03-2009, 2:50 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=38748&highlight=pencil

operationblackwater
05-03-2009, 3:20 PM
Maddog, my sugestion would be to wait until after your first deployment. You may find something that actually means something to you and your buddies from your deployment.

DITTO!

Manong0369
05-03-2009, 3:22 PM
I'd hold off on any tattoo's now, wait a few years than see where you are. Note that if you ever want to do any of the "cool" jobs or do anything with a firearms on the civilian side (yes that's a few years away but years go by fast) that a tattoo will be detrimental to you and your eventual career.

All of the people I have ever met that carries an Army ID with the name John Smith on it did not have any tattoos, or had scars where tattoos might have been. I've also known quite a few federal agents and only a handful had tattoo's, all of them in very discreet places.

Just don't be that guy with a tattoo on your neck or somewhere that a simple T-shirt will not cover up. DO not get anything with any of your information or anything that you have done or wish to do in the future on it. Your best bet is as someone else have already mentioned, something that only you and your friends can understand. And believe me when I say that a tour anywhere that has sand will give you and your buddies some very creative and weird things that only each other can understand.

+1 Good point. I've had Marines that did not want tattoos because of their future plans in federal law enforcement agencies. Something to consider. For me, I'm retired so I have "cool" military tattoos but no a "meat tag."

Requiem
05-03-2009, 7:47 PM
I remember the guys fresh out of boot gettin tats. I saw some of those guys at SERE school. The 'badmen' really liked the ones with unit and specialty designators. Just my opinion, stick with something only you and your friend would understand. No need to give fuel to interrogations is my thoughts.

hahaha... I remember that too....

Also remember hearing about a guy who had "My name" tattooed on his *** or something.

What he would do would he'd bet a guy in a bar fifty bucks he had "my name" tattooed on his ***.

They asked "How many did you win from that one"
"many"