PDA

View Full Version : Buying in another state legal?

brokestudent12
04-06-2009, 9:11 PM
A college buddy of mines that lives in Reno wanted to know if he can buy a rifle that he saw for sale in Arizona if that's ok?

I have no idea, said I'd try to find out for him.

So I guess the question is is it legal, and if it is, is it writen down somewhere that I can forward to him so he can see that it is?

Thanks guys!

ke6guj
04-06-2009, 9:23 PM
A college buddy of mines that lives in Reno wanted to know if he can buy a rifle that he saw for sale in Arizona if that's ok?

I have no idea, said I'd try to find out for him.

So I guess the question is is it legal, and if it is, is it writen down somewhere that I can forward to him so he can see that it is?

Thanks guys!Federally, he can buy a long gun from a dealer's premisis in a another state, as long as the buyer's state and the selller's state both allow it. You'd need to check NV and AZ law to confirm it. He can't buy a handgun while out of state, and can't buy a long gun from a private party out-of-state withOUT using an FFL to facilitate the transfer.

(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the personís own State, [B]except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

DDT
04-06-2009, 9:26 PM
I think you mean "without" using an FFL.