PDA

View Full Version : Final Word on the Colfax Range.

Wulf
04-06-2009, 6:46 PM
http://auburnjournal.com/detail/110446.html?content_source=&category_id=&search_filter=range&user_id=&event_mode=&event_ts_from=&event_ts_to=&list_type=&order_by=&order_sort=&content_class=1&sub_type=&town_id=&page=2

MadMex
04-06-2009, 7:13 PM
Now all the garbage will be dumped in front of the locked gate instead of on the range.

spddrcr
04-06-2009, 7:33 PM
years ago i was at a shooting spot and watched a guy pull his truck up and dump a bunch of garbage out onto the ground, this wasnt a shooter this was a guy dumping garbage where he thought no one would see him. me and several friends who were using the area convinced him to pick up his crap but im sure he waited till we left and then came and dumped it again. last time i was at cow mountain it was the same way, a truck came up and just dumped a bunch of tv's and stuff. we asked him why he was doing it and he said he always just dumped the stuff up there so the shooters could use it:eek:

while i do know there are some shooters that leave their crap around im starting to think more and more people are dumping trash at the free ranges cause they know they wont get caught:mad:

Toolbox X
04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
All of the trash in those pics is from illegal dumping, not shooters. Colfax was my primary shooting area. It's where I tested the first U-15. It was the shooters who organized cleanups and kept the place clean.

Synergy
04-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Growing up in the area I can attest to shooters, being their own worst enemy. Same thing happened in Rocklin and Lincoln. Lots of shooting spots off hwy 65, where Standford Ranch is now. I remember seeing the litter, cases, abandoned cars, washers, microwave ovens.

I have to say I shot there a lot as a kid, never did I think about the consequences. I shot there with adults and saw them leave their garbage. Only now do I know better.

BigDogatPlay
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
It goes to show you just how people can be. This kind of stuff... "I dump my stuff here because the shooters like it", is going to get access cut off to more and more public lands.

When I go to public access shooting areas I always leave with more than I came with. We all should do that, and respect anything that isn't a target... like signs, fenceposts, etc.

jhaselton
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Spenceville will be next if people don't get their act together. :(

TheBundo
04-06-2009, 11:11 PM
There should be a law allowing the vehicles of people illegally dumping at shooting range's to be instantly legal targets. Tires, radiator, engine block... :)

bill104
04-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Growing up in the area I can attest to shooters, being their own worst enemy. Same thing happened in Rocklin and Lincoln. Lots of shooting spots off hwy 65, where Standford Ranch is now. I remember seeing the litter, cases, abandoned cars, washers, microwave ovens.

I have to say I shot there a lot as a kid, never did I think about the consequences. I shot there with adults and saw them leave their garbage. Only now do I know better.

I can remember a time when we could shot just north of Roseville, along Washington, then out to Industrial ave, Now all the way to Spenceville, 20 years ago it was a great Place to shot, now I get nervous with all the Junk being left and Morons shooting Propane tanks, and leaving the waste.