PDA

View Full Version : Permission to Carry from real estate agent?

tactic101
04-06-2009, 7:09 PM
Does a real estate agent have the authority to grant permission for a prospective buyer to carry concealed on a piece of property they are selling? Or must the owner themselves grant permission?

(Situation is a very remote uninhabited large piece of property. After one visit to the agent invited the potential buyer to visit the property alone to check it out and even camp overnight there.)

DDT
04-06-2009, 7:16 PM
I'd ask the agent, they should be able to get permission from the owners. Alternatively just carry and keep your mouth shut.

TheBundo
04-07-2009, 12:13 AM
A lot of real estate agents, mostly women, have tried to get CCW's and been denied, according to my local Chief of Police

GrizzAwoken
04-07-2009, 1:43 AM
A lot of real estate agents, mostly women, have tried to get CCW's and been denied, according to my local Chief of Police

I'm currently a Real Estate agent and have heard the same thing. However, I have also heard of two different men who do RE that were issued CCWs in CA. I don't know the specifics or I would share more.

DDT
04-07-2009, 1:58 AM
I'm currently a Real Estate agent and have heard the same thing. However, I have also heard of two different men who do RE that were issued CCWs in CA. I don't know the specifics or I would share more.

The county they are in and any donations they have made to the local sheriff/CoP can make all the difference.

hvengel
04-07-2009, 7:39 PM
...After one visit to the agent invited the potential buyer to visit the property alone to check it out and even camp overnight there.)

If you are camping and if you have permission to be camped on the property from someone who is authorized to give that permission then it is highly likely that being armed is OK and that concealed carry is OK. The law allows you to concealed carry at any location that is your place of residence even if that is temporary like a hotel room or camp site.

tactic101
04-07-2009, 8:27 PM
If you are camping and if you have permission to be camped on the property from someone who is authorized to give that permission then it is highly likely that being armed is OK and that concealed carry is OK. The law allows you to concealed carry at any location that is your place of residence even if that is temporary like a hotel room or camp site.

That makes sense--thanks hvengel.:thumbsup: