PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Level 3 Body Armor in excellent condition

richie-104
04-05-2009, 9:50 PM
Dear Calgunners,

>>SOLD>>

I have a used protective vest I'd like to sell that provides level III protection meaning that the vest is designed to stop a 7.62 FMJ round and below. It's in superb condition and has never been shot or mishandled in any way. It's made of heavy duty material and stitching covering the vest and rifle-shot plate area front and back, also a velcro cumberbund to adjust the fit.

The vest was purchased by my wife as a gift so I'm actually the 2nd owner. The vest is too large for me. It will fit an XL men's size (chest 44-47 inches).

I'm located in the SF bay area and can meet F2F, or ship anywhere for an additional ($45 due to the weight)

Please send me a PM if you're interested. I'm asking for $400.

Thanks for looking.

Richie

Bizcuits
04-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Dear Calgunners,

I have a used protective vest I'd like to sell that provides level III protection meaning that the vest is designed to stop a 7.62 FMJ round and below. It's in superb condition and has never been shot or mishandled in any way. It's made of heavy duty material and stitching covering the vest and rifle-shot plate area front and back, also a velcro cumberbund to adjust the fit.

The vest was purchased by my wife as a gift so I'm actually the 2nd owner. The vest is too large for me. It will fit an XL men's size (chest 44-47 inches).

I'm located in the SF bay area and can meet F2F, or ship anywhere for an additional ($45 due to the weight)

Thanks for looking.

Richie

I don't typically do this.... but for safety reasons I feel obligated.

There is no way a level 3 vest will stop a 7.62x39 round unless you have a rifle plate combined with it. Not a trauma plate, but a real rifle plate. Do not buy this vest expecting to survive any type of rifle fire.

Matt P
04-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Richie, what you may have is a Level IIIA.
This is usually the highest threat level protection for pistol bullets.

The only way to be sure would be to take the ballistic plates out of the vest, and take an image of those.
$400 is incredibly cheap for rifle threat protection. Check the ballistic pads, and insure what they say.
It would help buyers to know the manufacture of it also.

richie-104
04-17-2009, 4:01 PM
I did some research on the best and contacted the previous owner. It is in fact a level 3 vest designed to stop a 7.62 rifle round. There are ceramic rifle plates inside the front and rear of the vest on top of the level 3 soft armor. The plates measure approximately 8 by 10.

There isn't manufacturer labels on the vest I could find however. Sorry for the comfusion and hope this clarifies. Thanks calgunners!

richie-104
04-17-2009, 4:03 PM
Spelling correction to my last post I meant "vest" not best.

I'm selling the vest for a low price to sell it about at the price I paid.

sirgiles
04-17-2009, 5:42 PM
level III ceramic plate can stop a rifle rounds.

POINTMANDDT
04-17-2009, 7:51 PM
Dear Calgunners,

Thanks for looking.

Richie

What part of the bay are you in? I would be interested if this could fit me. I usually wear XXL.

richie-104
04-18-2009, 7:19 AM
Once again Calgunners - sorry for the confusion and kudos to the posters that highlighted the safety concern. But, the vest is indeed level 3 and does include the high density ceramic plates on top of the soft 3A armor. In selling this vest I've learned a lot myself about ballistics protection and I recommend everyone interested in the technology read up as much as possible before purchasing from any source.

I had to read so many different websites and I was wondering if anyone knew of a solid reliable web source for all us Calgunners to read about what's good and what's not good when it comes to armor?

Thanks!

richie-104
04-18-2009, 7:21 AM
This vest would have fit you perfectly friend, but someone's already going to take it ahead of you. Thanks for looking and posting!:thumbsup:

mywytefeet
04-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I had to read so many different websites and I was wondering if anyone knew of a solid reliable web source for all us Calgunners to read about what's good and what's not good when it comes to armor?
Thanks!

www.bulletproofme.com seems to have a lot of easy-to-understand information on body armor.

richie-104
04-18-2009, 1:38 PM
Thanks for sharing the link!