PDA

View Full Version : San Diego DA says LA DA's open carry memo is wrong!

Mike Stollenwerk
04-05-2009, 9:37 PM
examiner.com Last December the Los Angeles District Attorney issued an erroneous legal opinion stating that police officers could detain persons openly carrying guns in order to run serial numbers of guns . . .The SD DA is correct! Folks open carrying handguns in California have every bit as much right to privacy and freedom to movement as cell phone carriers.

See more at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m4d6-San-Diego-District-Attorney-says-LA-DAs-memo-on-open-carry-is-wrong and DIGG this news column!

Liberty1
04-05-2009, 9:41 PM
Good morning Mike! Your burning the oil pretty late in Va.

N6ATF
04-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Awesome!

Spelunker
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up Mike. I love reading this type of stuff. I'm glad there are people in Virginia standing up for our rights(or at least looking out for us) in all parts of the good ol US of A. I think its a great thing when DA's opinions conflict with each other especially when one is obviously wrong (see LA DA memo).
Maybe all Pullnshoots work with the San Diego PD is really paying off. I doubt that we could even do anything to persuade the LA DA that what he/she wrote is wrong no matter how much case law we provided.

Two weeks till incorporation:eek:

I thing we need a "Two Weeks" bumper sticker made up so we Calgunners could recognize each other without raising suspicions of "the man":TFH: Any of us that visit the 2nd amendment forum would easily recognize that.

chefdude
04-06-2009, 12:26 AM
not to thread jack but please school me on this Two Weeks bumper sticker..

Stanze
04-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Now if only the SD DA would give me my ****ing M4 OLL w/ BB back!:mad:

Nanook
04-06-2009, 12:51 AM

Ha. I've only recently come back after almost a year, and I recognized it immediately. It's usually associated with some FUD statement, like, "better get those lowers now, I heard an AWB is coming in TWO WEEKS." Or "better stock up on ammo, my local gun store said prices are going up in TWO WEEKS."

And that is a great article, and I dugg it.

Python2
04-06-2009, 7:17 AM
.........umnnnn......and NRF's in two weeks? The suspense is killing me and I can not get my work done.

socal2310
04-06-2009, 8:21 AM

What Nanook said. It's also a running joke about the constant speculation on the timing of a greatly anticipated 9th circuit ruling. It will always be two weeks from whenever you ask.

Ryan

pullnshoot25
04-06-2009, 9:01 AM
canthavenothingood (think i spelled that right)... perhaps an order of "two weeks" stickers might be in order? hahaha.

Racefiend
04-06-2009, 9:26 AM
Two weeks originated with the oll movement. I can't remember the exact event, I think it was the DOJ adding more rifles to the Roberti-Roosi list, but it was claimed it was going to take place in two weeks (by Bill IIRC). Well it never came.

383green
04-06-2009, 10:32 AM
"Two Weeks" is the Calguns shibboleth. There, does that clear things up? :D

swhatb
04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
this puts the UOC back up in the spot light.

domokun
04-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Two weeks originated with the oll movement. I can't remember the exact event, I think it was the DOJ adding more rifles to the Roberti-Roosi list, but it was claimed it was going to take place in two weeks (by Bill IIRC). Well it never came.

The "Two Weeks" quote originated from the former DOJ BOF agent Ignatius Chin who said and I paraphrase, "I'll have these lowers added to the ban list in 2 weeks!" when the stripped off-list lowers were first ever sold at the San Jose Gun Show on December 11, 2005.

See the story for yourself right here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=29636

DDT
04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
It is about time for a "two weeks" bumper sticker. Plus the antis wouldn't know what it means so I wouldn't worry about keying and "random" traffic stops.

Untamed1972
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
It is about time for a "two weeks" bumper sticker. Plus the antis wouldn't know what it means so I wouldn't worry about keying and "random" traffic stops.

Except it's meaning has now already been plastered on the internet for everyone to read including anti's and LEOs. :gene:

DDT
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
meh. it will be tough to find "two weeks" and link it here. I think this is the only place here that it's been linked to bumper stickers so it'll essentially be a needle in a two week haystack.

Army
04-06-2009, 1:35 PM
I'm just wondering why it took Mike so many years to finally join this forum :D

(Mike is a stalwart at opencarry.com)

CA_Libertarian
04-06-2009, 5:24 PM
I've designed and ordered the bumper stickers... they'll be here in two weeks.

:shifty:

yellowfin
04-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Oh come on, we need "Discretionary issue is the new separate but equal" stickers first. That message needs to be circulated all over the state first.

DDT
04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I've designed and ordered the bumper stickers... they'll be here in two weeks.

:shifty:

:rofl2:

KylaGWolf
04-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Longest two week wait in my life....