PDA

View Full Version : gun in Pittsburg cop shooting wasn't legal

gunsmith
04-04-2009, 6:40 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09094/960662-100.stm

according to this article, the killer had a dishonorable discharge thus making his possession of any firearm illegal.

U2BassAce
04-04-2009, 6:53 PM
Also was subject to a restraining order. One that he broke at least once.

Gator Monroe
04-04-2009, 6:58 PM
Thats a hoot, now Felons & other persons who can not legally own firearms are spooked about 2A rights being taken away by Government ...:confused:

gunsmith
04-04-2009, 7:02 PM
of course the media can not bring itself to report the story accurately, the guys friends are morons too, I just read where they say he had a machine gun.
Right, an unemployed crazy bum has a legal machine gun and dishonorable discharge?
oooh look ma, a flying pig.

RP1911
04-04-2009, 7:27 PM
Is PA cash and carry between private individuals?

10fcp
04-04-2009, 7:35 PM
today on the news they were saying this was definately an ambush. The **** wad waited in the basement and shot both policemen in the head. The third policeman was shot in the hand. They were also saying "hundreds of rounds were fired" if they were shot in the head in an ambush I don't see where all the hundreds of shots came from. I am betting when the truth of what really happened comes out that it will differ a whole bunch from these initial reports. None the less this is still a deadly blow to the hopes of not seeing a AWB real soon.

Saigon1965
04-04-2009, 7:41 PM

Richard Poplawski: Two profiles emerge
Saturday, April 04, 2009
By Dennis B. Roddy, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Friends described a Richard Poplawski far different from the 22-year-old man accused of gunning down three police officers today -- a partier sometimes, a guy in search of an understanding of politics, even a walking comedian.

He was also convinced that the government wanted to take away his guns and his freedom.

Richard Poplawski"I've known this kid my entire life and he was a good kid. He never had bad intentions. He never spoke about harming anybody," said Edward Perkovic, a lifelong friend who had known Mr. Poplawski since the two paired up at a daycare.

Mr. Poplawski attended Immaculate Conception elementary school and moved on to North Catholic High School. A spokesman for the high school today said that he was expelled, but declined to state a reason.

Mr. Perkovic said his friend stopped attending classes so he could take get his General Educational Development certificate then join the Marine Corps.

Records indicate that Mr. Poplawski was dishonorably discharged from the corps during basic training. Friends said he wanted out so he could rejoin his girlfriend.

When that relationship failed, Mr. Poplawski moved for two years to Florida where he worked as a glazier, helping to asemble and replace windows. He returned here in 2006 or 2007.

Mr. Poplawski collaborated with Mr. Perkovic on an Internet show that featured clips --- sometimes from local news broadcasts, other times video from around the town --- where they discussed politics.

Mr. Poplawski lived with his mother and grandmother in Stanton Heights. Friends said his parents had split years ago and that his father "was totally out of the picture."

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

gunsmith
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
"Records indicate that Mr. Poplawski was dishonorably discharged from the corps during basic training. Friends said he wanted out so he could rejoin his girlfriend."

U2BassAce
04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
today on the news they were saying this was definately an ambush. The **** wad waited in the basement and shot both policemen in the head. The third policeman was shot in the hand. They were also saying "hundreds of rounds were fired" if they were shot in the head in an ambush I don't see where all the hundreds of shots came from. I am betting when the truth of what really happened comes out that it will differ a whole bunch from these initial reports. None the less this is still a deadly blow to the hopes of not seeing a AWB real soon.

The 100s of rounds came from the firefight that ensued when the SWAT team arrived.