View Full Version : whats happening? newby on your board!

04-04-2009, 4:37 PM
hello all, my name is mike and I'm registering because it seems that no one really knows what the hell is happening w/ current firearms law! I too am very confused about the legality of alot of rifles I currently own. Soooo, where do I go on this board to find out? the second ammendment or rifle threads? any help would be appreciated .

04-04-2009, 4:40 PM
I am a member of the N.R.A and there web site has a breakdown by state of gun laws.

From the DOJ website.

Join today!

04-04-2009, 4:42 PM
Welcome to Calguns!

Start by doing some searching cause chances are your questions have been asked before. If you still cant find the answer start a thread in the rifle forum or here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71 and ask your questions.

Ask hypothetical questions so you aren't admitting to owning something illegal.

04-04-2009, 5:00 PM
thanks for the replies, I have been searching the boards for answers but my main questions are-
1- I have 2 EA15 lowers that were registered to me in 92 ,1 is assembled and one is not, can I still use pistol grips and the 30 and 20 round mags I have? and if I build the other reciever do the same rules apply?
2-I have a SAR8 also registered at the same time.It also has pistol grip and 20 round mags bought when new.still legal?
3-also have a SAR4800 bought new in 91 or 92. at the time of the first ban list it was not required to be registered so it wasnt. It currently has FAL funiture( stock and pistol grip) is it still legal?
man I can't get a straight answer anywhere and I just don't trust the dumbass at traders! I'm really concerned all the recent gunplay in the news is going to really re-ignight the gun ban and make it permanent. I would really like to finish the second reciever and buy at least 1 more FAL style rifle before the party ends! thanks for any replies in advance and good luck to all of you in your "projects" Mike.

04-04-2009, 5:13 PM
Because the term "registered" has often been mistakenly used on this forum:

By registered, do you mean you registered the above items with the state of California has an assault weapon before the Dec 31, 1999 deadline..or are you referring to the DROS (dealer's record of sale) & 10 day waiting period, when you first purchased them?

Oh whoops! Almost forgot welcome to CGN!!!

04-04-2009, 5:20 PM
Welcome aboard Mike!

04-04-2009, 9:14 PM
sorry, let me clarify. the 2 EA15 lower recievers and the SAR8 are registered w/ the DOJ and I have a letter stating that fact. At the time, I went to the sherrif's station and got fingerprinted and paid my fee in the mail. However, at the time the SAR4800 was not on the ban list and could not be registered.Since then I've been busy w/ life and never paid much attention to the ongoing laws and changes.When I was young I really did not give a s%$t about the cops or the legal problem that could follow, now I'm older and have to grow up.Thanks for the replies.Mike.

04-14-2009, 5:18 PM
Mike, it sounds like your rifles were probably registered during the Roberti-Roos timeframe. I am not sure that they were registered for the CA 2000 ban under SB23. You may want to verify that you have "Assault Weapon" paperwork dated sometime around 1999 or 2000 or 2001 to verify that you have indeed correctly registered your rifles as Assault Weapons.

If not - be careful what you post here - you may want to discreetly ask for further advice from there.