PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner captures burglar in AK

smithsrus
04-04-2009, 4:22 PM
one succesful home-defense story that DID make the papers

http://www.adn.com/front/story/747508.html

N6ATF
04-05-2009, 12:20 AM
At Friday's hearing, Palin appeared shaken but polite, answering, "Yes, please," when Wolfe asked if she wanted a court-appointed, state-funded public defender, a request the judge granted.

What. The. H e double hockey sticks.

Is it public knowledge up there that she got disowned or something? Why would you give someone a PD who is so well-connected? Gah... if there's no good excuse for this, so much for thinking Alaska has a better justice system.

The SoCal Gunner
04-05-2009, 12:47 AM
What. The. H e double hockey sticks.

Is it public knowledge up there that she got disowned or something? Why would you give someone a PD who is so well-connected? Gah... if there's no good excuse for this, so much for thinking Alaska has a better justice system.

You're being sarcastic right?

Piper
04-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm just wondering how long it will be before the new barrage of Palin jokes begins.

N6ATF
04-05-2009, 2:48 PM
You're being sarcastic right?

Sarcastic? How can you be sarcastic about the sister-in-law of a former vice presidential nominee of one of the two major (richest) parties in the U.S. being granted state-funded welfare (a public defender, free of charge)? It would be like granting Bill Gates' brother-in-law (assuming he has one) a public defender. The family can afford it.

gunsmith
04-05-2009, 9:13 PM
Sarcastic? How can you be sarcastic about the sister-in-law of a former vice presidential nominee of one of the two major (richest) parties in the U.S. being granted state-funded welfare (a public defender, free of charge)? It would be like granting Bill Gates' brother-in-law (assuming he has one) a public defender. The family can afford it.
Perhaps the family is sick and tired of bailing her out and is letting her hit a bottom so she can finally admit to herself that she has a problem.
Obviously she doesn't have money or she would have a lawyer and wouldn't be stealing to supply whatever habit she has ( speed would be my first guess ) also, she has a record of failing to pay for traffic offenses, indicative of drug use.

rabagley
04-05-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm with gunsmith on this one. One of my aunt's and her husband fleeced my grandparents for all they were worth and I wouldn't cross the street to piss on either of them if they were on fire.

socal2310
04-06-2009, 7:29 AM
Turcott told police he'd been burglarized twice recently: Someone stole $2,200 on March 26, leaving $400 behind, and after another apparent break-in Tuesday, all but $9 was gone.

************************************************** **********************************************

Palin made straight for the bedroom cabinet where Turcott kept his cash, Wood said.

I think I'd move my cash after the first break in...