PDA

View Full Version : CA Laws

phatmax2
04-04-2009, 6:32 AM
Are they getting worse?

KWA-S
04-04-2009, 7:52 AM
Are they getting worse?

I'm assuming that by asking such a basic question (and also your post count), you don't follow this forum much. California laws are slowly getting BETTER.
Read these threads:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=136084
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=156746

If any more senior members have other points, feel free to post.

dustoff31
04-04-2009, 8:37 AM
I assume you are asking about gun laws in particular. The gun laws themselves haven't really changed all that much in either direction for some time.

What has happened is that workarounds have been found to some of the laws, giving some people the impression that laws have eased. For example, the OLL situation. Colt AR-15s are illegal. People have figured out how to legally own a generic type, sort of AR-15 thing. But you still can't have a Colt AR-15.

Normal capacity magazines are another example. It's against the law to sell them, but not to buy them, or find them or whatever. Some people think that's a win.

On the bright side, there are a number of good people working on getting things changed, and there is a federal court case pending in the 9th circut which I believe will greatly change things, although it may well take some time.

wildhawker
04-04-2009, 6:56 PM
Come on, why would we assume that he's referring to gun laws? This is 2A, mind you. :rolleyes:

I assume you are asking about gun laws in particular. The gun laws themselves haven't really changed all that much in either direction for some time.

What has happened is that workarounds have been found to some of the laws, giving some people the impression that laws have eased. For example, the OLL situation. Colt AR-15s are illegal. People have figured out how to legally own a generic type, sort of AR-15 thing. But you still can't have a Colt AR-15.

Normal capacity magazines are another example. It's against the law to sell them, but not to buy them, or find them or whatever. Some people think that's a win.

On the bright side, there are a number of good people working on getting things changed, and there is a federal court case pending in the 9th circut which I believe will greatly change things, although it may well take some time.