PDA

View Full Version : ABC News Story on AWB

remington
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I just stumbled on this. I did search to see if it was already in one of the forums and did not find. If this is a mute thread and already found and discussed, sorry. Let me know if so and I will delete it.

I do find it very interesting that Pelosi's recent position on the AWB is an about face.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=6733200

jerryg1776
04-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I just stumbled on this. I did search to see if it was already in one of the forums and did not find. If this is a mute thread and already found and discussed, sorry. Let me know if so and I will delete it.

I do find it very interesting that Pelosi's recent position on the AWB is an about face.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=6733200

She wants to keep her job and power base - selfish *****. If the dems lose control - she is no longer Madam Speaker. She is only opposed to losing - she does not really stand for anything at all that is worthwhile. I could go on but I might get banned. I now need to go apologize to my female beagle for using such a word to describe Pelosi that would insult my female dog to be compared to that thing called the Madam Speaker.

yellowfin
04-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Hence why I usually refer to her as Madame Hell Creature, or MHC when I must be polite about it.

tiki
04-04-2009, 2:08 AM
Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) authored the original ban and she is preparing legislation that would reinstate it. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi opposes the efforts.

They still claim she opposes it. I have and always will feel that this issue is going to be back burner until Obama changes the makeup of the Supreme Court.

grnt
04-04-2009, 7:06 AM
They know and fear what common sense Americans have know for a long time. If they want to keep their jobs, Madame Speaker will and all the Demons will wait till they get reelected, then pull something out their for point of contact, ban guns, and say the people wanted it. They fear losing seats like they did during the 90's by banning guns. These guys love tragedy. They want to get on TV and the soapbox and preach about how people don't need guns like this. Instead of spending millions passing more worthless laws, spend the money on another prison. Isn't Gitmo going to be available soon, since we are releasing all the terrorists?

Can you see Feinstein, Villagrosa, Newsome as our next governor. "It's going to happen, whether you like it or not." Quote sound familiar.

Taro
04-04-2009, 7:27 AM
Most of the news media and some law enforcement have got it all wrong. The two officers that made the initial traffic stop were killed with a pistol. Subsequently, the two SWAT officers were killed by the suspect when he shot through a wall with his SKS rifle. Yeah that's right an SKS rifle not an AK-47 evil rifle. The media and the liberals are just bashing honest law-abiding citizens that own legal weapons by making any sensational killing with a rifle an evil Assault Weapon.

hawk81
04-04-2009, 8:32 AM
Let's cut through the bull****. These people are our enemies, just like terrorists. They want to change our way of living and our beliefs. We need to do something about it. We have allowed these tyrants to take over our lifes. We have only our selves to blame for not taking a stand.

Gator Monroe
04-04-2009, 8:36 AM
20 + more shootings of more than 4 each time before early august will do the trick (without any major changes in SCOTUS) AND THE bLUE DOG dEMS IN hOUSE AND sENATE WILL co- Sponser a new AWB !

grnt
04-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Or the Demons might make Right to Carry legal, cause nobody can stop a killer as fast as a common sense citizen with a CCW and a pistol. But then again, liberals will make it legal for the killer's family to sue the common sense citizens for wrongful death.:eek:

grnt
04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Why is the symbol for the DEM party a donkey?

fullrearview
04-04-2009, 11:08 AM
I dont know....why???

grnt
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Donkeys are dangerous. If you stand behind them, they will kick you.

lioneaglegriffin
04-04-2009, 6:03 PM

The Donkey— Presidential candidate Andrew Jackson was the first Democrat ever to be associated with the donkey symbol. His opponents during the election of 1828 tried to label him a "jackass" for his populist beliefs and slogan, "Let the people rule." Jackson was entertained by the notion and ended up using it to his advantage on his campaign posters.

But cartoonist Thomas Nast is credited with making the donkey the recognized symbol of the Democratic Party. It first appeared in a cartoon in Harper's Weekly in 1870, and was supposed to represent an anti-Civil War faction. But the public was immediately taken by it and by 1880 it had already become the unofficial symbol of the party.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Democraticjackass.jpg

The Elephant— Political cartoonist Thomas Nast was also responsible for the Republican Party elephant. In a cartoon that appeared in Harper's Weekly in 1874, Nast drew a donkey clothed in lion's skin, scaring away all the animals at the zoo. One of those animals, the elephant, was labeled "The Republican Vote." That's all it took for the elephant to become associated with the Republican Party.

http://www.artexpertswebsite.com/pages/artists/artists_l-z/nast/Nast_DemocraticElephant,%20RepublicanDonkey.jpg

lioneaglegriffin
04-04-2009, 9:04 PM
Donkeys are dangerous. If you stand behind them, they will kick you.

this does not say why they are a symbol of the Dem party. it just state a characteristic of the animal without correlating it with the political entity.