PDA

View Full Version : Where Drug Cartels really get their guns

javalos
04-03-2009, 8:08 PM
Good article

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/02/myth-percent-guns-mexico-fraction-number-claimed/

SVT_Fox
04-03-2009, 8:12 PM
ya media fascists takeover, is what the 90% is a symptom of

grnt
04-04-2009, 8:21 AM
Statistics, how to lie with numbers.

KylaGWolf
04-04-2009, 7:57 PM
As my statistics professor put it anytime you see statistics in the media know that the results are skewed for the article. Now what I find interesting they never stated where that 90% number came from. Reason they can't the stat never existed and it was pulled out of thin air to make the media jump.

superjc
04-04-2009, 7:58 PM
Last friday on N.P.R. they said in plain English that they (the cartels) buy M-16's and submachine guns in the U.S. because it's legal.

Group buy?

jamesob
04-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Last friday on N.P.R. they said in plain English that they (the cartels) buy M-16's and submachine guns in the U.S. because it's legal.

Group buy?
they are leagal here if you live in a free state and willing to shell out 15000-20000 on a m-16 and be on a very special list that the government has on you.

Macadelic4
04-05-2009, 2:58 AM
Spread the link through Facebook, Myspace, etc. Help get the electorate at least slightly more educated with soundbites that they can digest easily...you know the antis are doing the same thing.

SVT_Fox
04-05-2009, 9:24 AM
ya spread this around, and man where can I get full auto FALs or 3 shot burst M16s? i mean they all come from the states I want a full auto!!!

IDIOTS

grnt
04-05-2009, 10:57 AM
If you want to twist the facts and make it lean towards your side, yes the weapons originated from the US. They were guns we gave to central american countries for years. Look at Panama, Nicarauga, homduras, brazil, mexico, colombia, and all the other centro american countries that buys guns from the US Govt. politicians need to take the blame because they authorize weapons sales to the countries and then these guns are sold to the wrong people.

U2BassAce
04-05-2009, 11:49 AM
As my statistics professor put it anytime you see statistics in the media know that the results are skewed for the article. Now what I find interesting they never stated where that 90% number came from. Reason they can't the stat never existed and it was pulled out of thin air to make the media jump.

In fact, it's not even close. The fact is, only 17 percent of guns found at Mexican crime scenes have been traced to the U.S.

The word that was left out was TRACED! 90% of guns that COULD BE traced came from the US. The vast majority of them can not be traced because they come from China, Russia, South America. etc etc etc.

FOX did a good segment on this yesterday. They had a former Congressman from Arizona on that was VERY good at tearing up this myth!:chris:

The female host also played a great part in sounding enraged by the misinformation. Saying how does this BS help the US? It just makes us look bad for no reason! (well we all know the reason. People putting personal beliefs over the good of their country)