PDA

View Full Version : "SOLD" Rock River pistol upper including the extras

Social Casualty
04-03-2009, 1:19 PM
"SOLD"

I have a Brand New never fired RRA 7" pistol upper for sale. The upper the laser etched "Pistol only". The sale will include the upper, bcg, charging handle w/ tach latch, buffer tube, buffer and buffer spring. Price is 850 including postage within the US mainland. payments accepted: usps money orders, or PP (add 4%).

This is for "PISTOL" use only. It must only be installed on a "Pistol registered" AR15 lower, All NFA rules apply.

HavaJava
04-03-2009, 1:46 PM

hkdad
04-03-2009, 1:57 PM
looks like 7-7 1/2

Social Casualty
04-03-2009, 9:10 PM
Barrel is a 7 inch

HkUSP45
04-03-2009, 9:24 PM
Price?? nvm

bwiese
04-03-2009, 9:30 PM
Not threadcrapping, but CA folks should NOT buy this UNLESS:

1.) You DON'T own *ANY* AR lowers; or

2.) You own at least ONE legit AR pistol or pistol lower.

Social Casualty
04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Your 100% Correct!

Basically, if you do not own a AR Pistol lower or AR SBR Lower (in states that allow them) you should not have in your possession any AR barrel under 16" or you WILL be in violation of NFA or CAL DOJ rules.

12voltguy
04-03-2009, 11:07 PM
this is what I want, but no $ right now:(
these show up often enough, it should not take too long to sell:thumbsup:

pacrimguru
04-05-2009, 10:03 AM
that's a steal. it makes me want to build another pistol... this should sell quick!

12voltguy
04-05-2009, 2:59 PM
interested in a trade?
new gsg 5
fired today for 1st time, less then 100rds
I have the pin kit and new screw and nutset up to get rid of stock stuff that they say loosens up and strips out

I'm building my own lower from a 60%er:)

VaderSpade
04-05-2009, 3:58 PM

What makes up a pistol only lower?

Can I build my own?

JagerTroop
04-05-2009, 5:27 PM
What makes up a pistol only lower?

Can I build my own?

It must be DROSed as a pistol (single shot) and never before assembled or DROSed as a rifle

Buy one via PPT

or build your own from an 80% lower

VaderSpade
04-05-2009, 6:53 PM
It must be DROSed as a pistol (single shot) and never before assembled or DROSed as a rifle

or build your own from an 80% lower

I'm currently building a lower from an 80% forging.

What make’s it a pistol? Do all AR pistols need to be single shots?
If so should I build one without a mag well?

Vinz
04-05-2009, 8:15 PM
I believe just marked as pistol. I believe blank would work too. But you might want to verify that.

It has to be drosed as a single shot with a BB'ed sled then a 10 rounder can be added after you take possesion.

vinz

swerv512
04-05-2009, 8:45 PM
gotta wipe the drool of my computer! nice, wish i could afford it...

HavaJava
04-05-2009, 9:13 PM

microstencil
04-06-2009, 9:13 AM
PM Sent

Seesm
04-10-2009, 7:35 PM
Ok so I spoke to a fellow Cal gunner... I was always under the idea that your could only build a pistol off a dros lower (that was NOT EVER drosed as a long gun) I had no idea you could build one off a 80% lower...

Pretty excited as I got my 80% done a few weeks back and have thought "how cool woudl it be to have a pistol on this lower?"

So if I am wrong PLEASE let me know prior to me buying stuff to build as a pistol with no serial #'s as my first "home brew" Thanks

Cali-V
04-10-2009, 7:49 PM
I'm currently building a lower from an 80% forging.

What make’s it a pistol? Do all AR pistols need to be single shots?
If so should I build one without a mag well?

To be safe I would, mark it as a pistol...
And, make sure when I first assemble the lower, it is assembled in an configuration, which conforms to the single shot exemption...

I wouldn't buy a pistol barrel until my incomplete block of Al is a lower and pistol marked...

12voltguy
04-10-2009, 7:59 PM
To be safe I would, mark it as a pistol...
And, make sure when I first assemble the lower, it is assembled in an configuration, which conforms to the single shot exemption...

I wouldn't buy a pistol barrel until my incomplete block of Al is a lower and pistol marked...

why is that?
it's not being sent in from another state, so it doesn't need to meet the doj safe roaster list, it's being built from a home build blank. I'm doing the same, so why does it need to be single shot for dros?
can you point me to better info I can show my dealer.
& this is only if you want to regester it, there is no law stating you have to regester or s/n your home build.
I'm trying to get my build regestered and on my CCW so if any LEO wants to question it, he can look and see it's on my CCW :) not sure how to do this since indoor range to shoot guns for permit is pistol caliber only:confused:

maybe plastic training ammo:thumbsup:

Cali-V
04-10-2009, 8:21 PM
why is that?...

12125 (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12125.php). states "any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, ... any unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year..."

And as far as I can tell, and I'm no lawyer, the only two non LEO related exemptions are 12133. (a), and (b)

In terms of pistol caliber, you can always build a 9mm upper, or use a .22LR conversion kit, there are a lot of AR pistol caliber options

12voltguy
04-10-2009, 8:28 PM
12125 (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12125.php). states "any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, ... any unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year..."

And as far as I can tell, and I'm no lawyer, the only two non LEO related exemptions are 12133. (a), and (b)

In terms of pistol caliber, you can always build a 9mm upper, or use a .22LR conversion kit, there are a lot of AR pistol caliber options

ok, so you dros it as single shot, when you convert to semi auto, how is that not manufacturing?
is there a good thread on this?
I haven't found what I want yet & I want to stay out of jail:)

& on my permit they will list caliber, yes I could do 9mm or 22 and s/n would be same, but caliber different, might work....been thinking about that.
getting it on my permit could save me LEO harresment;)

Cali-V
04-10-2009, 8:38 PM
Use the Search Function...
or PM me we are a little off topic...
Social Casualty... sorry for the thread-jack...

12voltguy
04-10-2009, 8:43 PM
this has been sale pending since 4.6, don't see why it was bumped other then to share pistol build info:)
I've been using search, belive me:D

Social Casualty
04-18-2009, 6:14 AM
Thanks everyone for the interest, but the upper has sold.