PDA

View Full Version : STACK-ON GUN SAFES NEW-DISCOUNTED

Matt P
04-02-2009, 6:02 PM
I am helping a very good friend that I totally stand behind his business practices, sell some of this series.
With the economy in the shape that it is, Property Crimes have risen significantly. Ask any Peace officer about this.
Im not trying to create paranoia, just the sense of protecting firearms, and other related valuables.
Closets, under beds, in drawers, in hanging clothing in the closet, are places thieves are already aware of.
Some form of safe is better then nothing, as most who break into your home do not have the ability to open or crack safes. In my short career as a Police Officer, I never heard or saw a residential burg that saw a safe being defeated. Now, I have heard of them being removed from the property, but not cracked on site.
Lets do all we can to stop arming that element of society, who does such things.
He is highly motivated to sell, and if you see something Stack On makes and want a price for it, email him.

projectx1979@hotmail.com

He wouldnt be able to ship anything beyond UPS, but if you are from a far, far away place in the State, I am sure he will do all he can to help you take delivery.

If you dont choose him as a supplier, hopefully you will consider getting one from somewhere.

Thanks for checking out the offerings.

8-Gun Safe with Combination Lock
DIMENSIONS 15-1/2"W x 12-3/8"D x 53"H
(40cm x 32cm x 135cm)
Weight: 115 lbs. (52 kg)
Model # GS-8
PRICE $300.00
RETAIL $480.00

LINK http://stack-on.com/securityplus/gun_safes/gs-8.html

10-Gun Safe with Combination Lock

Dimensions: 20-7/8"W x 12-5/8"D x 55-1/8"H (53cm x 32cm x 140cm)

Weight: 158 lbs. (71 kg)

Model # GSG-710

PRICE $350.00
RETAIL $679.00

LINK http://stack-on.com/securityplus/gun_safes/gsg-710.html

19-Gun Safe with Combination Lock

Dimensions: 26-13/16"W x 17-5/8"D x 59"H (68cm x 45cm x 150cm)

Weight 255 lbs. (116 kg)
Model # GSG-719
PRICE $600.00
RETAIL 1,000.00

LINK http://stack-on.com/securityplus/gun_safes/gsg-719.html

24-Gun, Convertible, ETL Rated Fire Resistant Safe with Combination Lock

Dimensions: 26-3/4"W x 23"D x 59"H (68cm x 58cm x 150cm)

Weight: 492 lbs. (221 kg)

Model # GSX-524

PRICE $800.00
RETAIL $1300.00

LINK http://stack-on.com/securityplus/elite_safes/gsx-524.html

Drawer Safe with Motorized Electronic Lock

Dimensions: 10-1/4"W x 16-1/2"D x 3-1/2"H(26cm x 42cm x 9cm)

Weight: 14 lbs. (6 kg)
PRICE $ 80.00RETAIL $110.00

LINK http://stack-on.com/securityplus/personal_and_quick_access_safes/qas-710.html

sirnonz
04-02-2009, 6:40 PM
want to deliver to san leandro?

ewong
04-02-2009, 8:16 PM
Also interested in one if there is delivery to San Francisco. Possibly interested in a 10gun with electronic lock if in stock.

bootcamp
04-02-2009, 8:59 PM
i am interested in the 10 gun also in san leandro. maybe we can get an sf bay group buy and get a truckload out here to save on shipping.

Matt P
04-02-2009, 9:04 PM
This my friends, is an excellent idea.

He seems interested in making a delivery, if there was enough interested.
Not to each ones house I dont imagine, but to a central location possibly.

Email him my friends.. And that way he can start collecting the info..

projectx1979@hotmail.com

Jerkdog
04-02-2009, 9:13 PM
i am interested in the 10 gun also in san leandro. maybe we can get an sf bay group buy and get a truckload out here to save on shipping.

I'd be in for one if there was enough interest in Sacramento for a group buy here.

Vinz
04-02-2009, 9:20 PM
I have a truck and 24' trailer to help with curb side delivery. Will go as far as Morgan Hill and Sacramento....everyone just has to pitch in for my safe.:thumbsup:

I can make alot of drops in a weekend. Matt are these packed in cardboard?

Let me know if you guys are interested.

vinz

berto
04-02-2009, 9:26 PM
I have a truck and 24' trailer to help with curb side delivery. Will go as far as Morgan Hill and Sacramento....everyone just has to pitch in for my safe.:thumbsup:

vinz

Interested in Bay Area.

Vinz
04-02-2009, 9:29 PM
If we get enough interest I can deliver. I will email him in a sec.

Vinz

Jerkdog
04-02-2009, 9:52 PM
If we get enough interest I can deliver. I will email him in a sec.

Vinz

Interested.

DREADNOUGHT78
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
I'd be in for one if there was enough interest in Sacramento for a group buy here.

I am with you. Can never have enough gun storage! Thats 2 for Sacramento!

Matt P
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
FREAKIN AWESOME GUYS!!!

Keep up the interest, and I will help him get this thing to go!!
I have one of these myself, its not bolted, but loaded up with AMMO, so the things is like a super PIG!!
I love mine because I can move it my self. No problem. Thats waht makes these things so nice, so eeeaaasssyyy to move. Weigh em, or bolt em, and you are good to go!!
Check out what they weigh! They are solid, like I said I love mine with the digital combo..
Thanks for the interest.

norcal77
04-02-2009, 11:10 PM

vinz

I want one of the 8 gun safes..put me down for one.

djbooya
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
btw: I'm interested as well. I already emailed your bud for more info.

Teeznutz
04-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Interested in the 8 gun safe......Socal delivery if possible. Thanks!

turbochris
04-03-2009, 2:36 AM
wanted a steelwater but I might be interested if he has anything bigger...ill email him

Mac Bolan
04-03-2009, 9:29 AM
If you get a So Cal run going we would see about a 19 gun safe .... Mac

djbooya
04-03-2009, 9:37 AM
Something to consider for first time safe buyers that I didn't realize... the "gun rating" for safes is sort of given as a marketing tool. Meaning it assumes non-optic long gun configurations to fit into the nice slots they have. So I thought a 14 gun safe for my first safe would be adequate. I've only got 7 long arms now, but with their optics, pistol grips, etc... I'm already over 50% full. Now if you're like me... you make sure there's decent padding and kind of shove everything in there and no longer use the grooves they provide, but I wanted to mention this for those that are first time safe buyers that think there collection will easily fit only to find their scopes, red dots, pistol grips, etc...getting in the way...I'd suggest buying the largest safe you can afford...remember, it doesn't just have to be for your gun collection...tell your wife to put valuables in there as well as long as you have room that is :)... keep important papers in there (social security info/birth certificates) anything you may not already have a safe deposit box for..

Dirtbiker
04-03-2009, 9:47 AM
If we can get a bunch of So-Ca orders can we get a group shipping rate??

surfbark
04-03-2009, 9:47 AM

vinz

So representing the SoCal market I would be willing to haul these babies back down here if we could get enough interest to make it worthwhile....

Millions-Knives
04-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I hope we can swing this for SoCal. I'd like one too.
Good deal Surfbark!

e-mail sent. I'd like a 19.

craig1090
04-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Interested in 8 or 10-gun safe. Located in Bay Area

shmeare
04-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I second this idea!!!! anyword on shipping to SF?

Also interested in one if there is delivery to San Francisco. Possibly interested in a 10gun with electronic lock if in stock.

Stockton
04-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Sent an email to your friend. Thanks for the heads up. I'm waiting to hear from him.

Thanks
Mac

In Stockton

Matt P
04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Something to consider for first time safe buyers that I didn't realize... the "gun rating" for safes is sort of given as a marketing tool. Meaning it assumes non-optic long gun configurations to fit into the nice slots they have. So I thought a 14 gun safe for my first safe would be adequate. I've only got 7 long arms now, but with their optics, pistol grips, etc... I'm already over 50% full. Now if you're like me... you make sure there's decent padding and kind of shove everything in there and no longer use the grooves they provide, but I wanted to mention this for those that are first time safe buyers that think there collection will easily fit only to find their scopes, red dots, pistol grips, etc...getting in the way...I'd suggest buying the largest safe you can afford...remember, it doesn't just have to be for your gun collection...tell your wife to put valuables in there as well as long as you have room that is ... keep important papers in there (social security info/birth certificates) anything you may not already have a safe deposit box for..

This Dj is excellent for you tosuggest. I totally agree with what you said. Yes, you have to take into consideration things with scopes..
I have in the 19 Gun Safe. Now I have 3 Scoped rilfes, 1 shotgun, 5 different scoped other gas guns, and its PACKED!! I finally got smart, and got a bunch of these..
RIFLE-PISTOL-Shotgun BAGS (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1850&title=BORE%20STORES%20LONG%20TERM%20STORAGE%20CASE S)
Now, I dont worry as much in keeping all my weapons so close to one another.
They are cheap too.
There is a hole drilled on the back side so that you can run the cord for your dehudmidifiers.

Again, if ease of moving is your concern, these are an excelllent product.

They come in protected cardboard boxes.

shmeare
04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I pm'd the info on the safe I'm interested... so you can count on me fo an SF drop... How many of us in sf are there? 5 including me?

Romanski
04-03-2009, 10:40 AM
My buddy and I will both take one of the 10 gun safes if we can get shipping arrangements figured out. We're both in Hercules SF East Bay.

Any update?

k0ncept
04-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Im intrested and located in So Cal, Whittier.. I just dont want to have to pay ALOT for shipping, would be willing to drive a bit to pick one up tho..

sozai
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
interested in a 10 gun safe if bay area delivery is available (san jose)

sozai
04-03-2009, 11:16 AM
i have some $ on this idea also

vinz

surfbark
04-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Like I said a few posts up I would be willing to pick up the SoCal orders if we can all work it out fairly... I don't know what the best way to organize it would be and if this post should be started somewhere else Mods let me know but otherwise PM me and we can start figuring it out.

Steeldog
04-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Do these have a fireproof rating? If so I'd also be interested in a 8 gun in San Leandro.

Matt P
04-03-2009, 12:48 PM
I will get Tino more involved in structuring this so areas, and those interested would see what safes, and the area they are from.
This will help organize this so that you will have an idea what other clients are interested in that area.

sirnonz
04-03-2009, 1:35 PM
if someone delivers to around the san leandro area ill take the GSG-710 10 gun safe.

Matt P
04-03-2009, 3:02 PM
Hello guys. This isnt MattP, this is his buddy Tino. I having trouble getting my accout to work. It keeps saying im not allowed to post yet. Well once I get that worked out I will start a Sac, bay area and San Jose list of people who are getting safe.

I have emailed the Cal-gun member about helping with shipping. I will get a cost on shipping soon. I first have to find out how much it would cost me to ship it to these places myself and then break down the cost.

I want to say thank you to all the cal-gun members who have checked out this thread and to to cal-guns.net for letting me do this on here. Also MattP for being such a good friend.

Ok guys I will get on it.

shookatash
04-03-2009, 3:15 PM
interested in a 10 gun safe. i am in san jose. thanks!

bootcamp
04-03-2009, 3:34 PM
Hey Tino, if these safes will be in your possession in Fresno, then our plan may work. If these safes are being drop shipped from Illinois, then maybe we can go another route and have a truck or less than a truckload shipped to a terminal for a cheaper cost from Illinois rather than delivery to everybody's house since that route will probably be astronomical. A truckload to a terminal or port of oakland where private parties are allowed to pickup their safes would be a good bet.

bootcamp
04-03-2009, 3:40 PM
Another thing to keep in mind guys is that the lower end 8 and 10 rifle safes are not fire rated. I still want a 10 rifle cause the price is good, but i'll be sticking my sensitive documents in a portable fire rated safe that will then go into this safe after it's been bolted down by some bolts.

The way I see it, my pistols aren't fire protected in the house right now anyway, so a decent, well priced rifle safe isn't any different or worse, just the same but MORE secure. The $350 price tag is good for this kind of safe. I dont have the moola to splurge on a $5000 fire proof 30 rifle safe anyway.

evilsydeeggot
04-03-2009, 3:59 PM
i'de be interested in a 8-gun safe as well. located in san jose

stich
04-03-2009, 4:40 PM
I emailed you about an 8 gun safe. I'm up near Jackson

Bill O'Rites
04-03-2009, 5:02 PM
interested in an 8 in socal.

Matt P
04-03-2009, 5:34 PM
Hello everyone this Tino again. I still cant post anything on my account so Im using MattP's once again. It's looking like about an extra $50.00 to ship the safe myself to the different areas. This would be cost of gas, truck, trailer, and help.

To get this started I would need a deposit(non refundable deposit) of at least 60% of the total price. With your name and address, to see where we can all me up at. Plus the model number of the safe you want. To get payment info please email me at projectx1979@hotmail.com.

Once again thank you and have a great day.

I will also post who and where the people are buying out of once my account is up.

DREADNOUGHT78
04-03-2009, 5:40 PM
If I ordered a 19 gun safe could I just pick it up in Fresno?

Matt P
04-03-2009, 7:01 PM
Yes that would be no problem.

Vinz
04-03-2009, 8:00 PM
Ok I sent Tino an email on the info he needs.

So we have....
1.Sirnoz -San Leandro
2.Bootcamp -San Leandro
3.Ewong -SF
4.Jerkdog -Folsom !!payment recieved!!
5.Dreadnought78 -Sacramento
6.Berto -BayArea
7.NorCal77 -?area?
8.Craig1090 -Bay Area
9.Shmeare -Bay Area
10.Romanski -Hercules
11.Sozai San -Jose
12.Steeldog -San Leandro
13.Shookatash -San Jose
14.Evilsydeeggot -San Jose
15.Stich -Jackson
16.DJbooya Fremont !!payment recieved!!
17.SS109 Fremont
+1 Diginit San Jose
+1 me

As soon as you leave a deposit with ProjectX, he will place you on the official list. I am cutting off curbside delivery at 17 but maybe able to squeeze in a few more. Being very conservative.

Remember, I am coming from SF bay Area.
Vinz

surfbark
04-03-2009, 8:05 PM
Hey...where is the gun safe love for So Cal? C'mon guys.... we gotta organize huh?

djbooya
04-03-2009, 8:29 PM
Ok I sent Tino an email on the info he needs.

So we have....

4 San Leandro or East bay
3 SF
2 Sacramento
1 Bay Area
1 Folsom
3 San Jose

Remember im coming from SF bay Area.
Vinz

I'd like to get on your count. I'm in Fremont.

Vinz
04-03-2009, 8:32 PM
done DJ

vinz

Teeznutz
04-03-2009, 8:58 PM
Interested in the 8 gun safe...Socal area Pomona/La Verne area. Lmk, if this is possible. Thx

SS109
04-03-2009, 9:08 PM
I'm interested in a safe. I'm in Fremont, Vinz.

Vinz
04-03-2009, 9:20 PM
I'm interested in a safe. I'm in Fremont, Vinz.

I think I got you already. :thumbsup:

just a note...I will not be available for April 12 (Easter) and April 19th (Reno show)
Vinz

Looks like im going to have to cut off the delivery service at SS109.

17 +1 is near limit.

PROJECTX
04-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Wow! Vinz your working hard my friend. I have to say im very impressed with your efforts. To come down to Fresno, pick up 17 safes and then deliver them is carzy. I give you two thumbs up.

By the way this Tino (the safe guy). Will all I need is the deposits and I can get this order started. Once I get ten deposits I will put the order in.
I accept paypal, check and credit card. just email me or pm on here and will give you the info.

By the way I've goten two emails for people in the LA area who would like a safe too. If 8 people in that area would like to get in on a group buy, I could make the deliver happen in that area.

Bill O'Rites
04-03-2009, 10:38 PM
count me in for the LA area buy

Vinz
04-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Its what I do. :nuts:

I have 2 cars to deliver Saturday night.

Hope we can get a good number.

BTW Welcome to the site.
vinz

diginit
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
1 more interested in San Jose. It may be worth a drive to Fresno. But if a local pick up is possible, That would be even better.

Vinz
04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I believe Tino(projectX) will do first come first serve so put in your deposit to get in line. He will cut off as soon as the magic number is reached.

San Jose is on the menu.

This is Bay Area curb side delivery on a Sunday so someone will have to be home to sign.
Vinz

BTLSmark
04-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but are they only available in green... :ack2: :46:

*edit* nevermind, looks like those "gun safe" models are all green.

Any chance on reduced pricing on other Stack-On model categories such as Elite, Total Defense, or Total Defense Select?

djbooya
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM
some models are offered in brown or black

BTLSmark
04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Geez I'm tired, totally missed "He is highly motivated to sell, and if you see something Stack On makes and want a price for it, email him" from here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2261581&postcount=1 I'll do some research later when I'm more awake, then I'd be on the so.cal shipment crew if one should turn up.

Any chance on reduced pricing on other Stack-On model categories such as Elite, Total Defense, or Total Defense Select?

Vinz
04-04-2009, 12:42 AM
its ok...it is late.

Im trying to find a reason to go to LA. Anyone have a 65 Chevelle they want to give away down there? Sorry thread jack...its late.
vinz

krazek
04-04-2009, 2:22 AM
Email sent with interest =)

gordon freeman
04-04-2009, 4:52 AM
Another thing to keep in mind guys is that the lower end 8 and 10 rifle safes are not fire rated.

The company's site never mentions fire ratings for ANY of these gun safes. They do list 30 minutes for other NON gun safes. I also noticed the seller hasn't responded to the fire rating question.

The STACK-ON does weigh about 100lbs less than a comparable safe at COSTCO which claims 30 minutes resistence. The difference in weight further leads me to believe none of STACK-ON gun safes are fire rated.

mquejr
04-04-2009, 11:11 AM
interested as well, SFV area

PROJECTX
04-04-2009, 1:05 PM
The company's site never mentions fire ratings for ANY of these gun safes. They do list 30 minutes for other NON gun safes. I also noticed the seller hasn't responded to the fire rating question.

The STACK-ON does weigh about 100lbs less than a comparable safe at COSTCO which claims 30 minutes resistence. The difference in weight further leads me to believe none of STACK-ON gun safes are fire rated.

That is correct, these safes that I listed are not fire rated. They do make fire rated and water rated safes. But the price will go up. plus they only make the fire and water rated safe in 16 and bigger. I also must add that I never said anything about the safes I posted on here being fire rated.

To BTLSmark question yes they do make other colored safes. The 19 (gsb-719) gun safe does come in black. The smaller safes like the 10 and 8 only come in green. Yes I can get reduced pricing on the Elite, Total Defense, or Total Defense Select. Just pm or email me the model number.

Thank you all and have a nice day.

djbooya
04-04-2009, 2:30 PM
I believe Tino(projectX) will do first come first serve so put in your deposit to get in line. He will cut off as soon as the magic number is reached.

San Jose is on the menu.

This is Bay Area curb side delivery on a Sunday so someone will have to be home to sign.
Vinz

Vinz,

Just so I'm clear, are you doing the curbside delivery out of the kindness of your heart or will we owe you a separate fee for delivery? I'm trying to get my costs calculated so I can make my payment to ProjectX (Tino)

Thanks,

PROJECTX
04-04-2009, 4:27 PM
Vinz,

Just so I'm clear, are you doing the curbside delivery out of the kindness of your heart or will we owe you a separate fee for delivery? I'm trying to get my costs calculated so I can make my payment to ProjectX (Tino)

Thanks,

He will be paid to when he picks up the safes. The extra 50.00 add to the cost of the safes will cover vinz payment.

Vinz also wanted me at add that we are not liable for any damages, thefts, and acts of god during shipment.

djbooya
04-04-2009, 4:48 PM
He will be paid to when he picks up the safes. The extra 50.00 add to the cost of the safes will cover vinz payment.

Great, just wanted to make sure I understood all the costs. I'll be making my decision shortly and will get in touch with you.

ETA: Word...I'm paid for and set. Thanks for the good deal Tino!

Thanks,

GrizzAwoken
04-04-2009, 5:35 PM
Anyone in San Diego want to join in to help with shipping? I am very interested in getting one.

surfbark
04-04-2009, 5:41 PM
I am still trying to get an idea of So Cal interest in an order and am willing to travel with my truck and trailer to pick them up if we can work it out!!

Pronghorn
04-04-2009, 5:41 PM
Interested in Bakersfield. If you make a run to LA, let me know, I'm on the way.

PROJECTX
04-04-2009, 6:10 PM
Anthony from Fremont has put in his order. thank you
Nizam from Santa Clara has put in his order thank you

BTLSmark
04-04-2009, 8:37 PM
I have not had time to do any research yet, although I would be interested in one of the higher end models such as an Elite, Total Defense, or Total Defense Select. Hopefully get some time in the next few days to figure something out and get quoted. Thanks.

That is correct, these safes that I listed are not fire rated. They do make fire rated and water rated safes. But the price will go up. plus they only make the fire and water rated safe in 16 and bigger. I also must add that I never said anything about the safes I posted on here being fire rated.

To BTLSmark question yes they do make other colored safes. The 19 (gsb-719) gun safe does come in black. The smaller safes like the 10 and 8 only come in green. Yes I can get reduced pricing on the Elite, Total Defense, or Total Defense Select. Just pm or email me the model number.

Thank you all and have a nice day.

I am interested in a new safe, although it wouldn't be the "gun safe" models listed in OP. I still need to do some research on what would work for me then PM Tino for a quote to see if it is worth it for me. You can count me as a possible for so.cal if you wish.. I am south of Irvine and North of San Juan for reference.

I am still trying to get an idea of So Cal interest in an order and am willing to travel with my truck and trailer to pick them up if we can work it out!!

GrizzAwoken
04-05-2009, 5:54 PM

I am very serious about getting a safe. Let's get a list of So-Cal people that are interested and see what we can do.

-Grizz

bootcamp
04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Tino, I sent you a PM.

Romanski
04-06-2009, 7:53 AM
Just to confirm, is the EXACT amount $400 out the door/to the door ? :) Like I mentioned earlier, I need two safes so if both are delivered to the same address is it still $50 or $100? How long is the wait for delivery? Sorry if this has been already mentioned.

Vinz
04-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Just to confirm, is the EXACT amount $400 out the door/to the door ? :) Like I mentioned earlier, I need two safes so if both are delivered to the same address is it still $50 or $100? How long is the wait for delivery? Sorry if this has been already mentioned.

Hi, you would have to work that out with Tino. Shoot him an email (address in the first post). As far as I know its $50 each safe.

Actuall delivery date will be determined by the arrival date of the safes to the store. Most likely be a Sunday when they show up on your curb. Buyers will be notified of delivery time.
Vinz

PROJECTX
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Yeah it would be 50.00 for both. The reason being is that im paying Vinz to pick these safe up and deliver. It worked out to 50.00 per safe. That will intail trail, truck, time, gas, and man power.

$400.00 will be the exact amount (GSG-710 + Shipping) if your paying by check. PAY pal and credit card have a small add charge. Not by me but the companys that operate them.

sc15
04-06-2009, 3:31 PM
Tino - I'm interested in a GS-8 ($350 delivered?). I'm in San Jose. Sending you PM.

Hope it's not too late!

blisster
04-06-2009, 4:03 PM
I'm interested in a 10 gun model and am in the north bay (Vallejo).

PROJECTX
04-06-2009, 4:39 PM
I'm interested in a 10 gun model and am in the north bay (Vallejo).

Just send me an pm or email with model number and I can get you a price. If you want to order one also just pm or email and I will give you my number. :thumbsup:

pennys dad
04-06-2009, 5:40 PM
Did someone suggest a SoCaL grp buy? Cause Im looking.

Pvtryan
04-06-2009, 8:24 PM
Did someone suggest a SoCaL grp buy? Cause Im looking.

I need one too.

glbtrottr
04-07-2009, 7:44 AM
Email sent regarding an 8 gun safe in Laguna Beach, CA

surfbark
04-07-2009, 9:17 AM
Ya, I keep suggesting it. I have gotten 1 PM regarding a safe so far and if I can get maybe another 5 or so and I can get everyone to kick in for my safe I would haul up and back and deliver to you guys.... I am thinking $100 is fair per delivery so let me know what you guys think!
Edit: If we can get more people involved we can make it less...I am not trying to make a profit from this, just cover expenses and get a safe for the trouble!

Dave

surfbark
04-07-2009, 1:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTX
Hey Surfbark

How are you doing to day? I a few questions for you.

For the $100.00 would you be doing dropping the safes at thier homes or in a pick up spot?

Also what areas would you deliver to and what area would you not.

Do you have a way of insuring the safes in case of damage while you deliver?

Do you deliver for a living or are you doing this just this one time.
Hey there.... My thinking was as long as it was reasonable that I would make out a route and deliver to the curb. Anywhere from the LA area down to San Diego. I do have a refrigerator dolly and would be willing to help get it to wherever, I do have a strong back but I do not deliver for a living nor do I have any special insurance to cover the safes. I am just trying to make it easy and affordable for all of us down here in SoCal to have a safe way to store our firearms. I want it to be a simple thing and not get too crazy with logistics. My offer is a way of getting something I need and helping out my brothers while I have time to do it. I will post this up also so it is clear to everyone.

Vinz
04-07-2009, 7:09 PM
Good deal Surfbark....everyone who is on a fence, this is a great deal and should be taken advantage of. Great safe and cheap delivery. :thumbsup:

Vinz

humanweapon
04-08-2009, 5:25 PM
I have a question. I travel pass Fresno a few times a month. Could I order a safe now and pick it up when it comes in? Depending on when it comes in it could be a week to a month. Would that be something you would be willing to do and/or would you charge more for holding it.

fastkevin
04-08-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm in SoCal and e-mailed the guy. I already planned on picking one up this week, so I asked him if he had planned on coming down here soon.

dohey
04-09-2009, 12:06 AM
I'd like a 10 Gun Safe please. I'm in Fresno.

I'll PM you my info.

capntroy
04-09-2009, 1:03 AM
I'm in SoCal near Huntington Beach and I'm down for two of the 19 gun models.

How many committed SoCaler's do we have now?

ProjectX - If we can't get a group buy going, I'd like to pick mine up on May 5th when I'm on my way back from Oregon, would the safes be ready for pick-up by then?

socal80
04-09-2009, 1:13 AM
interested in the 10 gun safe. here in so. cal. temple city area area

GrizzAwoken
04-09-2009, 2:25 AM
So-Cal Interest 4 Currently Confirmed 4/10 2pm

GrizzAwoken - San Diego
Mac Bolan
Dirtbiker
surfbark - Palm Desert
Millions-Knives
k0ncept
Bill O'Rites - Canyon Country
Pronghorn
BTLSmark
jrascon
Pvtryan
fastkevin
capntroy - Fountain Valley 92708
socal80
awl168 - Los Angeles
makav3li - San Diego

So-Cals guys, please PM me and I will add your exact location to this message so we can set something up. With the current numbers, it looks like we have more then enough to get a good shipment down here.

***Edit** * I'm going to spend the rest of the week getting locations and those who are SERIOUSLY interested. Please let me know if you plan to get one cause if else, I'd like to get this list simple and realistic so this happens. If we drag our feet I can bet we won't do it, so please be in contact with me. I check my PMs multiple times a day.

Thanks all,

-Grizz

PROJECTX
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm in SoCal near Huntington Beach and I'm down for two of the 19 gun models.

How many committed SoCaler's do we have now?

ProjectX - If we can't get a group buy going, I'd like to pick mine up on May 5th when I'm on my way back from Oregon, would the safes be ready for pick-up by then?

I sorry I dont have any orders from Socal.

If you do an order very soon. I can get the safes in by May 5th.

Once I get the sac and Bay area group buy done. Then I will try to get a group buy in socall going. But that wont happen for aleast a month.

PROJECTX
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
I have a question. I travel pass Fresno a few times a month. Could I order a safe now and pick it up when it comes in? Depending on when it comes in it could be a week to a month. Would that be something you would be willing to do and/or would you charge more for holding it.

Yes I would be willing to hold a safe for any customer who wants that kind of service. No I wouldn't charge a storage fee. All that I ask is that when I call to tell that your safes in, that you give me a date when you can pick it up. Just pm if this is something you would like to do.

shmeare
04-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I email twice and me email gets bounced back!?!?!? you getting it?.... I also send a pm but no response.

capntroy
04-09-2009, 1:32 PM
So-Cal Interest

GrizzAwoken
Mac Bolan
Dirtbiker
surfbark
Millions-Knives
k0ncept
Bill O'Rites
Pronghorn
BTLSmark
jrascon
Pvtryan
fastkevin
capntroy
socal80

So-Cals guys, please PM me and I will add your exact location to this message so we can set something up. With the current numbers, it looks like we have more then enough to get a good shipment down here.

-Grizz

PM sent, looks like we have the numbers to do it...

capntroy
04-09-2009, 1:33 PM
I sorry I dont have any orders from Socal.

If you do an order very soon. I can get the safes in by May 5th.

Once I get the sac and Bay area group buy done. Then I will try to get a group buy in socall going. But that wont happen for aleast a month.

If it looks like we have enough people down here to do a group buy, then I can wait a little while, I'd only pick it up myself if that's the only option...

PROJECTX
04-09-2009, 1:52 PM
I email twice and me email gets bounced back!?!?!? you getting it?.... I also send a pm but no response.

Sorry Shmeare but no PM or email from you. My email is PROJECTX1979@HOTMAIL.COM.

awl168
04-09-2009, 2:06 PM
Just sent you a PM. I'm in Los Angeles and am looking for a small safe for 3 to 4 semi-auto pistols.

Jerkdog
04-09-2009, 8:56 PM
Just sent an email with an order for the 19-Gun Safe with Combination Lock.

Vinz, did I still make it on your curbside delivery list?

Vinz
04-09-2009, 9:11 PM
Just sent an email with an order for the 19-Gun Safe with Combination Lock.

Vinz, did I still make it on your curbside delivery list?

If you left a deposit you made the list. Im not leaving anyone out. Your golden.

Vinz

Jerkdog
04-10-2009, 1:23 PM
If you left a deposit you made the list. Im not leaving anyone out. Your golden.

Vinz

Just sent payment to Tino :thumbsup:

PROJECTX
04-10-2009, 2:02 PM
Anthony from Fremont has put in his order. thank you
Nizam from Santa Clara has put in his order thank you

John from Folsom has put in his order. Thank you

Vinz
04-10-2009, 8:31 PM
1. me- SF Bay Area
2. Jerkdog -Folsom !!payment received!!
3. DJbooya- Fremont !!payment received!!
4. Nizam-Santa Clara !!payment received!!
5. Shmeare-Daly City !!Payment received!!
lets go guys....Like to get this done before the rains come! LOL

whoa, check out this bad boy....http://stack-on.com/securityplus/total_defense_select/tds-845.html

sorry got side tracked...

vinz

djbooya
04-10-2009, 8:39 PM
whoa, check out this bad boy....http://stack-on.com/securityplus/total_defense_select/tds-845.html

vinz

Oh, you found out what I ordered :chris:

Vinz
04-10-2009, 8:44 PM
dohhh....I'd better double up on the Geritol that day. LOL

vinz

capntroy
04-10-2009, 8:53 PM
Yeah, 751 pounds, something tells me I can't load that in the suv:eek:

PROJECTX
04-11-2009, 12:03 PM
1. me- SF Bay Area

vinz

Just to let everyone know.

THAT APRIL 27TH, 2009(monday) WILL BE THE CUT OFF DAY FOR THE SAC AND BAY AREA GROUP BUY. If I get 10 orders before that date, then I will stop taking orders and post that the sac/bay area group buy is closed.

Once again thanks Vinz for helping with the group buy and for shipping these safes.:thumbsup:

GrizzAwoken
04-11-2009, 12:41 PM
So-Cal Interest 4 Currently Confirmed 4/10 2pm

GrizzAwoken - San Diego
Mac Bolan
Dirtbiker
surfbark - Palm Desert
Millions-Knives
k0ncept
Bill O'Rites - Canyon Country
Pronghorn
BTLSmark
jrascon
Pvtryan
fastkevin
capntroy - Fountain Valley 92708
socal80
awl168 - Los Angeles
makav3li - San Diego

***Edit** * I'm going to spend the rest of the week getting locations and those who are SERIOUSLY interested. Please let me know if you plan to get one cause if else, I'd like to get this list simple and realistic so this happens. If we drag our feet I can bet we won't do it, so please be in contact with me. I check my PMs multiple times a day.

Thanks all,

-Grizz

Still looking for So-Cal guys. We have 6 and I would like to have at least 10 before we do our order.

-Grizz

GrizzAwoken
04-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Around what will it cost to ship let's say a 10 gun safe to So-Cal? This will give us a better basis on who wants to purchase and cost involved.

Thanks,

-Grizz

BTLSmark
04-11-2009, 10:54 PM
I am on the fence currently as the safe I would like to replace mine with is not on that list and out of my price range currently.

However, I might pick up a safe on the OP list as a secondary until funds permit one of a larger size. Still debating this..

Still looking for So-Cal guys. We have 6 and I would like to have at least 10 before we do our order.

-Grizz

Good question ;)
Around what will it cost to ship let's say a 10 gun safe to So-Cal? This will give us a better basis on who wants to purchase and cost involved.

Thanks,

-Grizz

surfbark
04-12-2009, 9:26 AM

Thanks,

-Grizz

As I have stated a couple times in this thread already..... $100 to the curb. I figured if at least 6 people were in that would cover my safe and gas. I am not sure now if you are working a different plan or not but my offer of transportation still stands.

glbtrottr
04-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Anytime you are interested in a Socal Run - happy to buy one along with all of us socal folk...

mquejr
04-12-2009, 12:51 PM
i'm also in for one if i can get an exact cost on a 10-gun safe. i'm in the sfv.

tools2teach
04-12-2009, 1:11 PM
I would like to get in a group buy for a 8-Gun Safe with Combination Lock. I am located in So cal, Orange County.

capntroy
04-12-2009, 4:37 PM
SoCal buyers - send a pm to grizzawoken, he's compiling a list of interested parties down here.

surfbark - I don't think there's another shipping option being discussed right now, how many safes can you carry at one time?

PROJECTX
04-12-2009, 4:39 PM
Im sorry that I havent giving you guys in So-cal a shipping cost. After I saw Grizz post I started looking into how much it would cost for me to delivery the safes and also looking into want it would cost for a company to delivery them.

I want to give you the best service at the lowest price. And once again im sorry for not working this out before hand. So please give me a few days and I will get the shipping cost for So-cal.

surfbark has said he would be willing to ship these safes out to you, to your curb I might add. All it will cost is a safe. that breaks down to $60.00 for ten people. If this is sounds good and want to go this way, then Grizz please contact Surfbank. I will work with both of you if this what you want to do.

Thank you and have a happy Easter.:thumbsup:

.45shooter
04-12-2009, 5:00 PM
PM sent I'm in for 1 Bay Area

shookatash
04-12-2009, 11:43 PM
pm sent

Vinz
04-13-2009, 12:00 AM
don't be shy guys. If you leave a deposit please post here or you can PM me. Trying to keep track too.

Only a few spots left. :seeya:

Vinz

jtippins
04-13-2009, 12:51 AM
I'd go in for shipping to the bay area also on a 10 - east bay, even SF, I could pick up...

bootcamp
04-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi,

I'm reserving my order as I am now on the fence. I had a chance to inspect and touch and feel the 10 rifle combo safe this past weekend at the Vacaville Guns and Fishing store.

Vinz
04-13-2009, 1:06 AM
I'd go in for shipping to the bay area also on a 10 - east bay, even SF, I could pick up...

East bay (San Leandro) is on the delivery list. Where are you?

Hi,

I'm reserving my order as I am now on the fence. I had a chance to inspect and touch and feel the 10 rifle combo safe this past weekend at the Vacaville Guns and Fishing store. how did it look to you? You might want to go bigger. :thumbsup:

Vinz

cousinkix1953
04-13-2009, 2:07 AM
Some pro-gun states also let you deduct the cost of a safe from your income taxes. I don't know about Kalifornia; because the anti-gun politicians don't want to encourage you to be safe really.

The antis don't want to see you buying a safe, any more than they want the Eddie Eagle program in public schools. How dare you discourage kids from playing with your guns.

I also remember seeing one of the major gun safe makers flying their colors on a building in Mountain View a few years ago. Are they still there?

bootcamp
04-13-2009, 9:28 AM
how did it look to you? You might want to go bigger. :thumbsup:

Vinz

Vinz, i'm holding back my opinions of this safe for obvious reasons. Have you looked at one yourself?

Matt P
04-13-2009, 7:43 PM
Hey guys,
Please understand that these safes have not been promoted as anything beyond what they are.
We have all seen the Browning, Winchester and other safes out there. These are incredibly beautiful safes to be sure of. They also are quite heavy and expensive.
If that is what you want, I am sure there would be better alternatives, yet more expensive routes to go then Stack On.
I LOVE my Stack On. To be clear on that love is to re-enforce I love the value and the light weight (Ease of me alone moving) and the fact they should deter the common thief. Thats what I wanted. I dont care how secure your safe is, if you have guy who knows what he is doing, he will be able to defeat any safe. (Just my opinion)
You should be buying these because they are a tremendous value for what they are.
I clear coated mine in an effort to get that incredible shine to the exterior. One of these days I will polish it out.

Please be careful on your comments in this thread.
There is no wool trying to pulled over anyones head. Even with my endorsement, shouldnt be taken as they will meet everyone elses sense of what makes for a great value.

I make nothing off helping Tino with this. In fact it was my suggestion to offer any and all of you this great buy.

I will take a digital shot of my own Stack On which I love. Not once have I regretted my purchase. Would I buy another? I am in fact buying another. Do I own any other brand? Nope, but I have.

On another note, hopefully you So Cal guys will get together and be able to figure a way to get them down there.
Vinz has been incredible in his help to make this happen...

Again, do yourself a favor and educate yourself as much as possible about this product.
I love them, and when I had my gun shop sold more of these then anything else.

Be well... Matt

Teeznutz
04-13-2009, 9:52 PM
Please remove my name from the Socal order list. Was able to pickup a safe locally.

GrizzAwoken
04-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey So-Cal guys and Tino,

I've been extremely swarmed with work the last 2 days. I had planned to use today as our send messages to everyone day but I am just getting finished with my work related items. I will be sending out PMs tomorrow in the later part of the afternoon to confirm and see if we can get a few more people who initially showed interest but have not confirmed. (I believe some of them have not checked the thread in awhile.)

Thank to X and Surf for helping to keep things together for the So-Cal guys.

-Grizz

Confirmed
1.GrizzAwoken - San Diego
2.surfbark - Palm Desert
3.Bill O'Rites - Canyon Country
4.capntroy - Fountain Valley 92708
5.awl168 - Los Angeles
6.makav3li - San Diego
7.glbtrottr - Laguna Beach
8.Kingofthehill - Canyon Country - 8 Gun Safe

Needs Confirming/Possible So-Cal Interest
Mac Bolan
Dirtbiker
Pronghorn
BTLSmark
socal80
jrascon
Pvtryan
fastkevin
Millions-Knives
k0ncept

bootcamp
04-14-2009, 1:23 AM
Hey guys,
Please understand that these safes have not been promoted as anything beyond what they are.
We have all seen the Browning, Winchester and other safes out there. These are incredibly beautiful safes to be sure of. They also are quite heavy and expensive.
If that is what you want, I am sure there would be better alternatives, yet more expensive routes to go then Stack On.
I LOVE my Stack On. To be clear on that love is to re-enforce I love the value and the light weight (Ease of me alone moving) and the fact they should deter the common thief. Thats what I wanted. I dont care how secure your safe is, if you have guy who knows what he is doing, he will be able to defeat any safe. (Just my opinion)
You should be buying these because they are a tremendous value for what they are.
I clear coated mine in an effort to get that incredible shine to the exterior. One of these days I will polish it out.

Please be careful on your comments in this thread.
There is no wool trying to pulled over anyones head. Even with my endorsement, shouldnt be taken as they will meet everyone elses sense of what makes for a great value.

I make nothing off helping Tino with this. In fact it was my suggestion to offer any and all of you this great buy.

I will take a digital shot of my own Stack On which I love. Not once have I regretted my purchase. Would I buy another? I am in fact buying another. Do I own any other brand? Nope, but I have.

On another note, hopefully you So Cal guys will get together and be able to figure a way to get them down there.
Vinz has been incredible in his help to make this happen...

Again, do yourself a favor and educate yourself as much as possible about this product.
I love them, and when I had my gun shop sold more of these then anything else.

Be well... Matt

Hi Matt,

I want it to be known that I did not post any tarnishing comments about Stack On on this thread. I want you guys to know that my needs have changed in what I need in a safe. Stack On is an awesome buy for the money.

Kingofthehill
04-14-2009, 7:46 AM
Hey So-Cal guys and Tino,

I've been extremely swarmed with work the last 2 days. I had planned to use today as our send messages to everyone day but I am just getting finished with my work related items. I will be sending out PMs tomorrow in the later part of the afternoon to confirm and see if we can get a few more people who initially showed interest but have not confirmed. (I believe some of them have not checked the thread in awhile.)

Thank to X and Surf for helping to keep things together for the So-Cal guys.

-Grizz

Confirmed
2.surfbark - Palm Desert
5.awl168 - Los Angeles
6.makav3li - San Diego

Mac Bolan
Dirtbiker
Pronghorn
BTLSmark
socal80
jrascon
Pvtryan
fastkevin
Millions-Knives
k0ncept

Since there is one in Canyon Country already, Id like to join the Socal list. Can pay now/deposit or whatever else is required. Im intrested in the 8 gun safe

JOe

Matt P
04-14-2009, 8:47 AM
Thanks Bootcamp, I appreciate that.

I just didnt want the thread to turn into anything other then this being a good opportunity for Cal Gunners.

Thank you also for the kind remarks about the product that Stack On makes.
Youre a good man Bootcamp..Have a wonderful day and week.

PROJECTX
04-14-2009, 11:45 AM
For the Sac and bay area group buy. We are half way to the cut off point. I have five sold and with two more waiting for payment. If you want to get in on this, please pm or email me at PROJECTX1979@HOTMAIL.COM.

Thank you and have a great day.

Jerkdog
04-14-2009, 6:02 PM

+1

Ok, so after reading a couple of the comments I was a little concerned with my decision to purchase the 19-Gun Combination Safe. So, I headed over to Sportsman's Warehouse in Rocklin at lunch to check out their display of safes (BTW - the shelves there were pretty bare...are these guys going out of business or what? This damn economy sure is a kick in the sack).

Lo and behold, they had several Stack-On safes on display. The largest one they had was the 16-Gun version. I checked it out, fiddled with the comb lock, pulled up the carpet lining, etc. While these safes are certainly not the eleven-hundred pound glossy Brownings that are display pieces themselves, the safes appear well constructed and the combination lock seems to lock up nice and tightly. Sure you can wiggle the safe around, but that's the point - I want to be able to move this thing by myself. I figure I can weigh it down with a couple of cases of 7.62x39...and oh yeah, my guns. :thumbsup:

My two cents - somebody with right amount of time and the right amount of cutting tools could get into the safe, but then again any thief that's worth a damn will figure out how to get into just about any safe if he's got enough time. I'd like to see a couple of guys drag a 350lbs+ fully loaded safe out my front door and load it into a Honda Accord and drive away without my home alarm or neighbors making a rukus. If that happened it'd probably be worth it as long as somebody posted the video on YouTube!

GrizzAwoken
04-14-2009, 6:50 PM
Since there is one in Canyon Country already, Id like to join the Socal list. Can pay now/deposit or whatever else is required. Im intrested in the 8 gun safe

JOe

Thanks Joe, I'll add you in man. I plan to start sending in payments to Tino towards the end of the week and hopfully get thing rolling 100% next week (aka shipping etc).

-Grizz

**Edit** We now have 8 people for So-Cal

PROJECTX
04-14-2009, 7:17 PM
Grizzawoken Thank you for putting the So-cal order together. I know that the so-cal order is going to be a lot of work and I am thankful for the help.

I also wanted to thank Matt and Jerkdog for thier comments about the safes. :thumbsup: Its good to hear from someone who owns one and another who has seen one.

Once again thank you to all the Cal-gun members.

capntroy
04-15-2009, 12:25 AM
projectx - how are you handling the deposits for the SoCal guys, I'm ready to pull trigger...

PROJECTX
04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
projectx - how are you handling the deposits for the SoCal guys, I'm ready to pull trigger...

Please contact Grizzawoken so you can be put on the list of people who are getting the safe shipped. I'm holding on the deposit part for now, Im waiting for Grizzawoken to get some info to me. Once we get that worked out then I will start taking deposit.

Thank you

GrizzAwoken
04-15-2009, 3:12 PM
Will be sending out confirming PMs in the next two hours to those interested. Thanks to X aka Tino for the help along with Surf.

GrizzAwoken
04-15-2009, 4:20 PM
Okay guys, I sent out PMs to all those interested and possibly interested and will keep this page updated. I'm working to get a couple different shipping options set up (with Surf and something with "Stack On") and will PM you all with the prices and options.

As I said in the PM, please let me know which safe you would like via PM and we'll keep this ball rolling.

Thanks to Everyone and an extra nod to Tino(X) and Surf.

-Derek aka Grizz

Confirmed
2.surfbark - Palm Desert
5.awl168 - Los Angeles
6.makav3li - San Diego
8.Kingofthehill - Canyon Country - 8 Gun Safe
9.tnh10 - san fernando valley 91606

Mac Bolan
Dirtbiker
Pronghorn
BTLSmark
socal80
jrascon
Pvtryan
fastkevin
Millions-Knives
k0ncept

04-15-2009, 8:17 PM
Interested in a 19 in San Diego. PM sent to Grizz.

djbooya
04-15-2009, 9:51 PM
1. me- SF Bay Area

vinz

Let me know when you get close to determinging the delivery date. Need to make sure I'm around that weekend as well as make space in the room it will be going in.

Thanks,

Vinz
04-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Let me know when you get close to determinging the delivery date. Need to make sure I'm around that weekend as well as make space in the room it will be going in.

Thanks,Tino and I will notify everyone on the delivery date. It will depend on when they are in Tino's possesion. I hope the weekend after so he isn't storing them too long.

Remember that this will be a Saturday/Sunday, all day and night till we get them all delivered.
As soon as I get a word on the date these get to Tino the route planning will start.

Im planning on picking these up from Tino on a Saturday afternoon then heading up to Folsom for the first delivery then to Sacramento for the night. Then head back down to the Bay Area in the morning. Santa Clara will be the last area to be delivered to.

vinz

PROJECTX
04-16-2009, 5:11 PM
Have a another one sold

Felix has order his. From Sac

Getting closed to the end for the North cal group buy.

If anyone has questions or wants prices for safe that are not listed please pm or email projectx1979@hotmail.com.

Thanks to all who have ordered a safe and to all a good day.

Vinz
04-16-2009, 7:27 PM
1. me- SF Bay Area
2. Jerkdog -Folsom !!Payment received!!
3. DJbooya- Fremont !!Payment received!!
4. Nizam-Santa Clara !!Payment received!!
6. Felix- Sacramento !!Payment received!!
7. Edward- San Francisco !!Payment Received!!
8. Taggart-Bay Area !!Payment Received!!
9. Ezekiel2000 - Walnut Creek !!Payment Received!!

PROJECTX
04-18-2009, 1:47 PM
EDWARD has put in his order. SAN FRANCISCO

Thank you Edward for your order.

GrizzAwoken
04-18-2009, 4:15 PM
So-Cal Updates coming today.

***Edit** Updates will be up Sunday Afternoon

PROJECTX
04-19-2009, 1:02 PM
Taggart has put in his order. From the Bay Area.

Thank you Taggart

That is a total of 8 people who will be getting thier safe. Remeber that the cut off is April 27, 2009 or once I hit 10.

Please email me at PROJECTX1979@HOTMAIL.COM or pm here.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Kingofthehill
04-19-2009, 5:41 PM
I may be out, Just got a $400 red light camera ticket and need to find out where im gonna pull these funds from.

Won't know for a day or so till i see what OT is available from work tomorrow.

JOe

GrizzAwoken
04-19-2009, 5:47 PM
Here is our current list. I am still working out exact details on shipping between Surf and Tino (X). I will be getting that info out to you guys as soon as possible. Once we have that, we can send out payments to Tino and get our safes delivered :thumbsup: Please PM me with any questions.

Thank to all my So-Cal Brothers for helping to make this easy on us,

-Grizz

Confirmed
1. GrizzAwoken - San Diego 92110 - 19 Safe
2. surfbark - Palm Desert - 19 Safe - x2 19 Safe
3. Bill O'Rites - Canyon Country 91387 - 8 Safe
4. capntroy - Fountain Valley 92708
5. jrascon - 19 Gun Safe
6. makav3li - San Diego 92126 - 8/10 Safe
7. glbtrottr - Laguna Beach - 8/10 Safe
8. Kingofthehill - Canyon Country 91350 - 8 Gun Safe
9. tnh10 - san fernando valley 91606 - 10 Sage
10. Pvtryan - Irvine 92618 - 10 Gun Safe
11. Pronghorn - 93263 - 8/10 Safe
12. 1811 - San Diego - 19 Safe

BTLSmark
fastkevin
Millions-Knives
k0ncept

GrizzAwoken
04-19-2009, 5:49 PM
P.S. If anyone else from So-Cal wants to be put on the list, PM me ASAP as I will be closing the So-Cal group soon and getting this purchase complete for us.

Thanks,

-Grizz

PROJECTX
04-20-2009, 2:50 PM
Just a reminder.

Two spots still open for the Sac/ bay area group buy.

gizmo7718
04-20-2009, 8:14 PM
Email sent.

Pvtryan
04-20-2009, 9:26 PM
How about the SOCALs???:confused:

Ezekiel2000
04-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Email Sent

BTLSmark
04-21-2009, 1:27 AM
Think I have to sit this one out for now Grizz. I will let you know if anything changes, I have the thread tagged so I see new postings.
P.S. If anyone else from So-Cal wants to be put on the list, PM me ASAP as I will be closing the So-Cal group soon and getting this purchase complete for us.

Thanks,

-Grizz

PROJECTX
04-21-2009, 1:04 PM
Ezekiel2000 has put an his order From Walnut Creek

Thank you

Just one more spot open for the sac/bay area group buy.

Ezekiel2000
04-21-2009, 3:23 PM
:thumbsup:

:gunsmilie:

GrizzAwoken
04-21-2009, 6:58 PM
How about the SOCALs???:confused:

I just got our last guy. Will PM all of you about shipping by tomorrow.

-Grizz

Vinz
04-21-2009, 7:40 PM
1. me- SF Bay Area
8. Taggart- Alemeda !!Payment Received!!
10.RacerX - Campbell !!Patment Received!!

All right. Ready to go.
Will not be available for delivery on these dates:
May 9-10th
May 30-31st

Vinz

bespoke
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Alameda (the city, not the county).

Taggart

Vinz
04-21-2009, 11:28 PM
thank you....forget your password?

vinz

Racer-X
04-22-2009, 5:27 AM
1. me- SF Bay Area
8. Taggart- Alemeda !!Payment Received!!

One left. Lets go guys!!

Taggart? Where are you hailin from??

Vinz

I'm in for a 10-gun if the spot is still open. I'm in Campbell (closest to Santa Clara)...let me know.

Vinz
04-22-2009, 8:06 AM
yep just email ProjectX and he will get you set. See Matts post #1
Thank you for your order.

Vinz

bespoke
04-22-2009, 9:07 AM
thank you....forget your password?

Nope, this is my usual account.

GrizzAwoken
04-22-2009, 3:31 PM
Ok So-Cal Brothers, I appreciate all your patience. Here is our final list for So-Cal. I will be talking to Surf and Tino today and tomorrow getting shipping worked out 100%. The cost to have a "insert random shipping company here" is going to be extremely expensive so I am working between Surf (who has a HUGE truck and very good trailer) and Tino (X) (who can deliver all the safes to a single location is desired for the cost). I will be breaking down the different locations we are "bunched" together and will post an updated area based grouping of all of us later today. Please PM me with any questions and I will get back with you ASAP.

Thank you again brothers,

-Grizz

So-Cal Confirmed Final List
1. GrizzAwoken - San Diego 92110 - 19 Safe
2. surfbark - Palm Desert - 19 Safe -
3. Bill O'Rites - Canyon Country 91387 - 8 Safe
4. capntroy - Fountain Valley 92708 - x2 19 Safe
5. GrinderCB - Garden Grove - 10 Safe
6. makav3li - San Diego 92126 - 8/10 Safe
7. glbtrottr - Laguna Beach - 8/10 Safe
8. Kingofthehill - Canyon Country 91350 - 8 Gun Safe
9. tnh10 - san fernando valley 91606 - 10 Sage
10. Pvtryan - Irvine 92618 - 10 Gun Safe
11. Pronghorn - 93263 - 8/10 Safe
12. 1811 - San Diego - 19 Safe
13. tools2teach - Aliso Viejo - 8 Safe

***Edit** Group PM sent out

Racer-X
04-22-2009, 4:11 PM
Just sent payment...thanks!

PROJECTX
04-22-2009, 4:38 PM
Paul has just order his safe. Out of the bay area.

The North cal Group buy is now closed.

I will put out the Order to Stack-on tomorrow. It takes a few days to transfer the money from my account to thier account. Then they will send me a invoice with a shipping date. Hopefully it wont be to long of wait.

I will send out a email/pm to all who order a safe to get verifcation on shipping address and phone numbers.(sometime tomorrow)
Also I will keep a running update on the delivery of the safes on here. I will send Vinz all the address after I get verifcation. If anyone has any questions please email me at PROJECTX1979@HOTMAIL.COM or pm here.

I want to thank Vinz for helping with the group buy.
Thanks to all who bought safe from me and thanks to Cal guns/all the cal gun members for letting post on here.

capntroy
04-22-2009, 4:44 PM
Grizz - pm sent, thanks for organizing this....

Matt P
04-22-2009, 5:09 PM
Hey guys, WOW! This turned into an incredible thread. I just stepped up again and ordered another 19 gun safe.
Too good of a deal not to have two of everything..hehe

Awesome that many of you took advantage of this deal.

GrizzAwoken
04-23-2009, 12:50 AM
For shipping purposes for So-Cal group, broken down by basic location. More updates to come soon.

-Grizz

San Diego Area
-GrizzAwoken - San Diego 92110 - 19 Safe
-makav3li - San Diego 92126 - 8/10 Safe
-1811 - San Diego - 19 Safe

Long Beach Area
-capntroy - Fountain Valley 92708 - x2 19 Safe (one safe to FV and then one to Topanga 90290 (more LA area)
-GrinderCB - Garden Grove - 10 Safe
- glbtrottr - Laguna Beach - 8/10 Safe
-Pvtryan - Irvine 92618 - 10 Gun Safe
-tools2teach - Aliso Viejo - 8 Safe
-surfbark - Palm Desert - 19 Safe

LA Area
-Bill O'Rites - Canyon Country 91387 - 8 Safe
- Kingofthehill - Canyon Country 91350 - 8 Gun Safe
-tnh10 - san fernando valley 91606 - 10 Sage

North of LA
-Pronghorn - Bakersfield 93263 - 8/10 Safe

PROJECTX
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Request for safes has been sent. It will be a few days before Stack-on gets back to me. But I will keep all of you updated.

Thank you

tnh10
04-23-2009, 5:10 PM
Grizz,

is that the zip after my city? my zip is 91344 not 91606.

thanks for all your efforts and putting all that together.

PROJECTX
04-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Here the latest update from Stack on. The order has been processed, now I have to wait for funds to be taken out of my account. I will update when stack on has taken funds and when delivery to my shop will be. Thank you

From Stack on: Order has been received and processed. I do not see any issues.

Karin R. Shotts

Stack-On Products

Toll Free:1-800-323-9601 Ext.5168

Direct Line: 1-847-469-5168

Fax: 1-847-526-6599

PROJECTX
04-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Update: Still waiting for funds to be pulled.:(

HDgasser
04-27-2009, 2:17 PM
For shipping purposes for So-Cal group, broken down by basic location. More updates to come soon.

-Grizz

San Diego Area
-GrizzAwoken - San Diego 92110 - 19 Safe
-makav3li - San Diego 92126 - 8/10 Safe
-1811 - San Diego - 19 Safe

Long Beach Area
-capntroy - Fountain Valley 92708 - x2 19 Safe (one safe to FV and then one to Topanga 90290 (more LA area)
-GrinderCB - Garden Grove - 10 Safe
- glbtrottr - Laguna Beach - 8/10 Safe
-Pvtryan - Irvine 92618 - 10 Gun Safe
-tools2teach - Aliso Viejo - 8 Safe
-surfbark - Palm Desert - 19 Safe

LA Area
-Bill O'Rites - Canyon Country 91387 - 8 Safe
- Kingofthehill - Canyon Country 91350 - 8 Gun Safe
-tnh10 - san fernando valley 91606 - 10 Sage

North of LA
-Pronghorn - Bakersfield 93263 - 8/10 Safe

Am i too late to get on this list for a 10 gun???

Im in long beach!

Let me know!!

Thanks!
Brian

ThrottleAbuse
04-27-2009, 9:07 PM
Damn talk about just missing the boat. I am in San Diego and wanting a safe if its still possible.

PROJECTX
04-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Am i too late to get on this list for a 10 gun???

Im in long beach!

Let me know!!

Thanks!
Brian

No the So-cal group buy is still open. Please PM Grizz for more info on the So-cal group buy.

GrizzAwoken
04-28-2009, 9:32 PM
X, I had closed the So-Cal buy, but for you two guys, if you are in Longbeach or San Diego (where we already are going, I have an extra opening or two and will take another order. Please PM me.) This is moving quickly and happening very soon, so be quick.

-Grizz

GrizzAwoken
04-29-2009, 1:31 AM
PM sent to HD and Throttle. I need responses asap as we are approaching the final stages of this purchase and setting up shipping.

Thanks,

-Grizz

PROJECTX
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
UPDATE: Ok Stack on is with drawing funds from my account into their account. This will take 2 to 3 days. Then About aonther 10 days to ship. So where looking at two weeks at most. I will know more about shipping next week. I'll send Vinz The address with phone numbers later today.

If you have any questions please pm or email me at PROJECTX1979@HOTMAIL.COM.

Thank you

PROJECTX
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
UPDATE: The funds have cleared for the safes and shipping company is putting the route together. Should be a matter of days for the safes to come to my shop. I will post more info this order when I get more info.

Thank you

Vinz
05-01-2009, 7:30 PM
Great news. I hoping to get rollin on May 16th 17th.

Mark your calenders

Vinz

jman11
05-03-2009, 12:16 AM
PM sent to HD and Throttle. I need responses asap as we are approaching the final stages of this purchase and setting up shipping.

Thanks,

-Grizz

is there any safes available to add on in the LA/ Ventura/ OC area? 10, 12 , 24 gun???? let me know i have funds and am ready to pick up wherever in those 3 counties

PLEase PM me if it is a possibility!
JAmes

cntrolsguy
05-03-2009, 12:39 AM
is there any safes available to add on in the LA/ Ventura/ OC area? 10, 12 , 24 gun???? let me know i have funds and am ready to pick up wherever in those 3 counties

PLEase PM me if it is a possibility!
JAmes

Same here if any are available!

PROJECTX
05-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Still waiting for the shipment to come in. :(

sirnonz
05-05-2009, 4:24 PM
here's some pictures of mine to get you guys all excited again. but yours wouldn't have the calguns.net sticker.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL651/3657621/7629776/363488471.jpg
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL651/3657621/7629776/363488485.jpg

05-05-2009, 4:43 PM
+1 on the updates for SOCAL...

Thanks.

PROJECTX
05-07-2009, 1:11 PM
sirnonz Thanks for the pics. That was very nice of you to do.

If the safes are not delivered today, then I will have to call Stack-on to see what the hold up is. I will post if they come in today.

PROJECTX
05-07-2009, 5:19 PM
UPDATE: THEY ARE HERE!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0259.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0260.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0261.jpg

My God was that gsx-545 a fing beast. Anyway all the safes are here and accounted for.

PROJECTX
05-07-2009, 5:20 PM

Mark your calenders

Vinz

I will call Vinz to make sure this is date he will pick and deliver.

shmeare
05-07-2009, 7:51 PM
nice! thanx for the pics!

Canute
05-07-2009, 8:13 PM
I'd be interested in an eight gun safe if I could get it fire resistant.
I could help some people get safes to San Jo as well.

ZombieKiller
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
pm sent

Vinz
05-07-2009, 10:34 PM

Mark your calenders

Vinz

I will call Vinz to make sure this is date he will pick and deliver.

Yep, that date is a go. Too soon for this weekend.

Thanks Tino.

I will be there to pick up from you Saturday before lunch.

Then its off to Folsom. then Sacramento. Will be staying in Woodland for the night. Then the rest of the deliveries on sunday.

If you ordered a safe please PM me.

Vinz

PROJECTX
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I'd be interested in an eight gun safe if I could get it fire resistant.
I could help some people get safes to San Jo as well.

Im sorry but Stack-on doesn't make a 30min or one hour fire safe in an 8 gun safe.

PROJECTX
05-08-2009, 1:19 PM
Here are some pics of my Stack-on safe that came in with your group buy order. It is a GSB-719, I dont know if the smaller safes come with rifle scope rails, so I have to say not all safe will come with all these extras.

here is the out side.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0270.jpg
This is the inside of the safe
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0276.jpg
It comes with 4 shelfs, screws and mounts for bolting to the wall, and 5 scope rail that you add to the rifle rail.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0275.jpg
the three bolts
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0277.jpg
and the thicknest of the door
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/PROJECTX1979/100_0278.jpg

sirnonz
05-08-2009, 3:01 PM
my 8 gun one comes with the rifle rails and the add on one.

capntroy
05-08-2009, 9:16 PM
What's the status of the SoCal buy? Are we still moving ahead?

Vinz
05-08-2009, 9:26 PM
Thats pretty nice Tino, Im glad I went with the black finish too.

Are the combinations already programmed in? Just curious.

vinz

Canute
05-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Im sorry but Stack-on doesn't make a 30min or one hour fire safe in an 8 gun safe.

How about the executive?
EDIT: Model ES-604-7

PROJECTX
05-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Thats pretty nice Tino, Im glad I went with the black finish too.

Are the combinations already programmed in? Just curious.

vinz

The Combinations are pre-set. buddy:thumbsup:

PROJECTX
05-09-2009, 10:32 AM
How about the executive?
EDIT: Model ES-604-7

Yes this one is 30min fire. But I dont know how many rifles it hold or if it even holds rifles at all. On the price list that Stack-on gives me, all the safes have a number next to the model number, that tells you the number of rifles the safe can hold. This safe has no number.

Ducman
05-09-2009, 10:33 AM
too lazy to read the whole thread, did this push through?

Canute
05-09-2009, 2:23 PM
Yes this one is 30min fire. But I dont know how many rifles it hold or if it even holds rifles at all. On the price list that Stack-on gives me, all the safes have a number next to the model number, that tells you the number of rifles the safe can hold. This safe has no number.

Well, 18 3/8"x14 1/2"x56", that should be able to contain what I have and their web site says it's DOJ certified :). What's your price?

PROJECTX
05-09-2009, 7:59 PM
$710.00 for the safe.

PROJECTX
05-13-2009, 1:48 AM
Just a reminder for the Nor cal group. Safes are going to be shipped this weekend, please contact Vinz if you have any questions on shipping.

Vinz
05-13-2009, 8:20 AM
Just a reminder for the Nor cal group. Safes are going to be shipped this weekend, please contact Vinz if you have any questions on shipping.

Thanks Tino.

Please email me to confirm you address. I will be calling you today to remind you of the dates.

Deliveries will be conducted this weekend. North bay deliveries will be Saturday afternoon. Central and southern bay area will be on Sunday.

Thank you.

the list in order of delivery:

1. Jerkdog -Folsom !!Payment received!! contact made,verified, Saturday delivery
2. Felix- Sacramento !!Payment received!! contact made,verified, Saturday delivery
3. Ezekiel2000 - Walnut Creek !!Payment Received!! contact made,verified, Sunday delivery
4. Taggart- Alemeda !!Payment Received!! contact made,verified, Sunday delivery
5. Edward- San Francisco !!Payment Received!! contact made,verified, Sunday delivery
6. Shmeare-Daly City !!Payment received!! contact made,verified, Sunday delivery
7. me- SF Bay Area
8. DJbooya- Fremont !!Payment received!! contact made,verified, Sunday delivery
9. Nizam- Santa Clara !!Payment received!!contact made verified Sunday delivery
10. RacerX - Campbell !!Payment Received!! contact made,verified, Sunday delivery
All right. Ready to go. I will go over the list and map again to estimate times.

Thanks,
Vinz

Matt P
05-13-2009, 9:32 AM
PM sent..

Vinz
05-13-2009, 9:42 PM
thanks Matt!

Pvtryan
05-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Any deals on socal?

PROJECTX
05-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Any deals on socal?

The socal group buy is closed. Sorry buddy.

capntroy
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM
The socal group buy is closed. Sorry buddy.

What's our status at this time?

PROJECTX
05-14-2009, 6:34 PM
Im still waiting for Grizz to get back to me with an update. He was getting all the shipping worked out last time I talked to him.

PROJECTX
05-16-2009, 1:56 PM
Ok guys the Nor-cal safes just when out. I took pics of the safe to show that the safes were loaded and ready. But im just having a bad day. I forgot to put the momery card in, so when I turned off the cam it easered the images. Sorry. But on the brighter side of things, the safe are on thier way.

Once again thank you to cal gun and it members.

I also must thank Vinz and his buddy Allen for delivering all those safes.

And all the member who got a safe from me Thank you

Tino Castellon

Jerkdog
05-16-2009, 8:02 PM
Here's an update for you gentlemen - Vinz and his buddy Allen made to Sacto a little after 5pm and we quickly unloaded my 19-Gun safe. Then came the tough part - we had to unload a 45-Gun safe for another CalGunner. I must admit that it took a little longer to shove that dang 45-Gun safe into Felix's truck then it took Allen to pull that 19-Gun safe up my driveway. I wish him good luck in getting it unloaded once he gets it home!

Thanks to Vinz and Allen for driving all the way down to Fresno to pick up the safes and then to basically hand-deliver. A huge thumbs up for those two guys! As a small thank you, I handed Vinz a twelver of Coronas on the way out (road sodas?).

Also a huge THANK YOU to Tino for settling this all up and coordinating this Group Buy. You da man :thumbsup:

A couple pics for the clicks...I'm about halfway done loading her up. Had to break for a beer or three.

Before:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/xJerkdogx/DSC02491.jpg

Midway thru....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/xJerkdogx/DSC02493.jpg

Scarecrow Repair
05-17-2009, 12:23 AM
I wish him good luck in getting it unloaded once he gets it home!

Not so bad. The friend who built my drawbridge and lookout tower has one of those ramps with lots of wheels. We pushed it out of the truck far enough and tipped it up so it landed on a piece of plywood on the ramp, slid it in so it was in front of where it would go, put some 1" dowels on the floor and rolled it backward like Egyptians building the pyramids. Got it on some 2x4s to keep it off the floor. Two of the gold caps on the lower hinge (cosmetic, I am sure) came off when the wrapping came off and we recovered one; the other will have to wait a bit. The whole process, including pushing a parts car out of the way and moving other stuff out of the way, was probably only 15-20 minutes.

I stuffed it somewhat haphazardly, but since it is mostly empty with room to grow, that's good enough for now.

PROJECTX
05-17-2009, 1:05 PM
LOL Yeah that 45 took Matt and I about 45 mins to move it 15 feet. But im glad you guys are happy with your safes. If possible could we get some pics of the inside of the 45. Never really seen the inside of a 45 stack-on.

Once again Thanks to all cal members.

and thank you to all who got a safe.

Scarecrow Repair
05-17-2009, 1:27 PM
If possible could we get some pics of the inside of the 45. Never really seen the inside of a 45 stack-on.

It will have to wait for the weekend. It looks just like my friend's 36 but with three sections instead of two. Right now it has two sections stuffed with ammo for the weight and the other loaded with Mosin Nagants and other Big5 specials.

bespoke
05-17-2009, 2:34 PM
Woot! A big thanks to Vinz and his buddy Allen for hauling my 10 gun safe up into my Victorian! And thanks to Tino for organizing this buy.

Ezekiel2000
05-17-2009, 2:50 PM
Woot! A big thanks to Vinz and his buddy Allen for hauling my 10 gun safe up into my Victorian! And thanks to Tino for organizing this buy.

No victorian for me, but I'll second the thanks to Vince and Allen for getting the safe here no problems and even putting it inside the house. MUCH APPRECIATED.

I spent hours getting my room back the way it was an of course configuring the safe and stacking everything in just how I wanted...looks like it's always been there now tucked in all cozy...
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8264/stackon.jpg

Also thanks to Tino for putting it all together...every step of the way was just as expected. Thanks all of you! :thumbsup:

shmeare
05-17-2009, 3:24 PM
Thanks for putting this group buy together!!!! got my 10gun safe today! vinz and allen many thanks! you guys rock!

Racer-X
05-17-2009, 3:52 PM
Yes, huge thanks to Vinz and Allen for hauling these things all over central/northern California for us - particularly in this nasty heat! They just dropped mine off, which was the last in line. Cheers, guys!

Vinz
05-17-2009, 6:59 PM
WOW, what a trip.
634 miles travelled
15 hours 17 min 59 seconds driving time
68.463 gallons of gas
11 stops
27 lbs of fast food...that's just Allen
4 idiot drivers trying to run us off the road
17 inches of trailer rash (Taggard, tell your neighbor sorry about his tree LOL)
6 Advil's
4 Pepto pills...that was for Allen
17 quarts of drinking water
11 bottles of Corona lost the 12th somewhere
7 hours of sleep
2 chipped door frames..sorry
17 inches of dirty carpet...sorry Jerkdog
3 hours in a hot whirlpool bath...ahhhh
12 fellow Cal-gunners met!
It was great fun. The 103 degree weather was a bit much but we made it back. It was a real joy to come over the hill and see fog rolling into the bay.
Allen was wiped out and I knew his girl would be pissed at me so I propped him passed out up against the door, rang the door bell and ran. I am positive he made it in ok! LOL Don't worry, he had fun and never knew gun owners could be so nice.

Thanks again Tino and sorry about the string of bad luck you had this weekend. Did you bring a lava rock Tiki from Hawaii? We must do this again but not for another 2 months and nothing over 24 gun please. Unless I buy an electric pallet jack. I am ready to go. We could easily do 17-20, 8-19 gun safes. It was great meeting you.

Thanks for everyone's great attitudes. Very friendly and warm welcomes. Made it a real pleasure to do. I hope you all enjoy your safes and I am glad we didn't have a issues. It was very great to meet you all!!! thanks again everyone!

im gonna go play with my safe now :thumbsup:
Vinz

djbooya
05-17-2009, 8:08 PM
Thanks for the hard work and thanks for ProjectX for hooking up the group buy. I appreciate the help in getting this into my office as well. The white glove service was surely appreciated and well worth the small fee we had to pay for you to get these to us. I appreciate the hard work and for you volunteering your time and transport!

WOW, what a trip.
634 miles travelled
15 hours 17 min 59 seconds driving time
68.463 gallons of gas
11 stops
27 lbs of fast food...that's just Allen
4 idiot drivers trying to run us off the road
17 inches of trailer rash (Taggard, tell your neighbor sorry about his tree LOL)
6 Advil's
4 Pepto pills...that was for Allen
17 quarts of drinking water
11 bottles of Corona lost the 12th somewhere
7 hours of sleep
2 chipped door frames..sorry
17 inches of dirty carpet...sorry Jerkdog
3 hours in a hot whirlpool bath...ahhhh
It was great fun. The 103 degree weather was a bit much but we made it back. It was a real joy to come over the hill and see fog rolling into the bay.
Allen was wiped out and I knew his girl would be pissed at me so I propped him passed out up against the door, rang the door bell and ran. I am positive he made it in ok! LOL Don't worry, he had fun and never knew gun owners could be so nice.

Thanks again Tino and sorry about the string of bad luck you had this weekend. Did you bring a lava rock Tiki from Hawaii? We must do this again but not for another 2 months and nothing over 24 gun please. Unless I buy an electric pallet jack. I am ready to go. We could easily do 17-20, 8-19 gun safes. It was great meeting you.

Thanks for everyone's great attitudes. Very friendly and warm welcomes. Made it a real pleasure to do. I hope you all enjoy your safes and I am glad we didn't have a issues. It was very great to meet you all!!! thanks again everyone!

im gonna go play with my safe now :thumbsup:
Vinz

PROJECTX
05-17-2009, 8:38 PM
All I can say is WOW!

So much time/effort went in to this group buy.

Im happy:thumbsup: that you are all happy. Makes all that hard work worth all drama.

I couldnt have done it with out the help of Mattp, cal guns, cal gun members and Vinz/Allen.

Thank you and have a very happy week to come:eek:.

bespoke
05-19-2009, 1:14 PM
Bah, no worries about the tree - they are the nasty kind of tree that drop sap that's nearly impossible to get off your car. Any damage done to that tree is fine by me!

olhunter
05-19-2009, 4:39 PM
Ok, I missed out. When do we do round 2?

caoboy
05-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Is this GB over? I sent an email last night (this morning)

I'm in Modesto, and willing to pick up.

tnh10
05-20-2009, 2:19 PM
Any updates on the socal groupbuy?

i pmed grizz hopefully he'll give me a update.

when am i suppose to be sending the funds?

Vinz
05-20-2009, 7:41 PM
Is this GB over? I sent an email last night (this morning)

I'm in Modesto, and willing to pick up.
Yep, the first Nor cal group buy is done but you might be able to get in with the So Cal guys since you are going to pick up. Check with the grizzly guy.

vinz

caoboy
05-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Yep, the first Nor cal group buy is done but you might be able to get in with the So Cal guys since you are going to pick up. Check with the grizzly guy.

vinz

Apparently I'm not allowed to send PM's at the moment (new member issue?)

but ProjectX would it be possible for me to jump in on the group buy? I'd be able to pick it up in Fresno also...

GrizzAwoken
05-21-2009, 4:23 PM
I am doing final So-Cal confirmations this week. Any extra interest PM me in the next day or two.

-Grizz

sc15
05-21-2009, 9:27 PM
WOW, what a trip.
Vinz

Vinz - it was nice to meet you too! Thanks for your contribution to this group buy effort.

Im happy:thumbsup: that you are all happy. Makes all that hard work worth all drama.

Yup, very happy with my safe Tino. Thanks again.

Fred Flintstone
05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I found this thread just tonight. I've been looking for a safe. I'm on the Central Coast here in San Luis Obispo. I'd be interested in a 8 or 10 gun safe but I'd need more than curbside delivery. I'll need some help getting it upstairs in my apartment, I'm single and was hospitalized with back injury about 2 years ago. If that could be arranged, count me in for a 8 or 10 gun safe!

caoboy
05-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Project, I've PM'd you back about picking up the safe...just waiting for details. :popcorn:

Scarecrow Repair
05-22-2009, 9:42 PM
Pictures of the 45-gun safe.

It gets crowded even without being full. I don't think you could actually get 45 long arms in there unless none had bolts sticking out to the side, none had scopes, none had a tilted butt such that they couldn't lean flush against the wall, and you didn't have the wrong combination of short and long ones.

Even then, the ones along the back and the back 2 or so on each side would probably require moving others out of the way to remove or put back in.

Notice the left side. All are flush against the wall, none have scopes, yet the butts have to interleave because each section is simply not wide enough for two butts.

Notice the right side. I have several short guns which are too short to fit the standard side rests, so I put a shelf in there to raise them and store bayonets and the shelf brackets and scope standoffs underneath.

Also, two have scopes (I am near sighted) and need the scope standoffs. The Saiga will tip forward if I put it flush against the side. See how they reach almost all the way to the other side. It won't be too easy filling that side with 15 rifles.

I hadn't realized how crowded each section would get. My friend's 36 gun safe is 8" narrower and each section is 3" wider and it seems wide open in comparison.

Still, nothing to worry about. It will hold enough Mosin Nagants to keep me happy, altho the straight bolts require some careful packing when they are that close together. The K31 bolt handle is the worst so it is in the front where it doesn't get in the way.

I'm going to have to do something else with the ammo. It is an incredible hassle to get to most of it.

Vinz
05-22-2009, 9:52 PM
Looks good S-R. I like the under buttt shelf.

That thing is roomy. You might be able to fit more rifles if you take out the left wall and put your ammo on the far right side. Seems more will fit against the back side.

vinz

PROJECTX
05-23-2009, 1:26 PM
Thank you for the pics.

I see how the rifles can get in the way of each other. If I had know that the side would be that narrow I would have warned you about it. Sorry about that.

But other then that I am happy that you could fit all that ammo in there. That safe aint going no where :43:.

You guys have a great day

Scarecrow Repair
05-23-2009, 5:07 PM
I see how the rifles can get in the way of each other. If I had know that the side would be that narrow I would have warned you about it. Sorry about that.

I'd have bought it anyway, it was only, I think, $200 more than the 36. I reckon I could always redo the interior if I wanted to and it would still hold more guns than the 36.

capntroy
06-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Grizz - I'm out, couldn't wait any longer......sorry.

GrinderCB
06-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Grizz - Polite PM sent for update on the SoCal group buy...

damilfman
06-08-2009, 12:44 AM
is it still too late on the GB or do I have to go on my own???

damilfman
06-08-2009, 3:09 PM
Grizz - Polite PM sent for update on the SoCal group buy...

i just checked and grizz hasn't logged on in quite sometime....I think the GB is a flop...

06-08-2009, 3:17 PM
GUESS I'm OUT...

surfbark
06-08-2009, 3:46 PM
I was talking to him regarding doing the actual pickup and delivery...I haven't heard a word from him either...I am hoping he is ok at this point!! I am working on moving to the free state of TEXAS and in the mean time really needing a safe for security....I may have to bail outta this deal also and just buy one. I have found a fire rated safe that would fit the bill for $400 at Lowes....tempting!!

damilfman
06-08-2009, 6:10 PM
I was talking to him regarding doing the actual pickup and delivery...I haven't heard a word from him either...I am hoping he is ok at this point!! I am working on moving to the free state of TEXAS and in the mean time really needing a safe for security....I may have to bail outta this deal also and just buy one. I have found a fire rated safe that would fit the bill for $400 at Lowes....tempting!!

lowes????

hmmmm.....

PROJECTX
06-09-2009, 2:10 PM
Please go to the Group Buy South Cal thread. I can do curd side delivery now. Sorry for taking so long to get this going. Anyway, details on shipping and safe limit are on the other thread.

If you have any questions please email me at projectx1979@hotmail.com or call my shop at 412-4497.

Thank you

clhking
06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
interested in the 10 gun, sf bay area

messione
06-21-2009, 8:50 AM
how much shipping to San Diego for elec. drawer safe ? pm sent