PDA

View Full Version : FALSE FACTS ONCE AGAIN!!!(foxnews story)

jimmiya
04-02-2009, 7:24 AM
Check this link out. Trying to take our rights away with false facts.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/04/02/myth-percent-guns-mexico-fraction-number-claimed/

cineski
04-02-2009, 7:42 AM
EXCELLENT! You beat me to the punch as I just read this. I wonder if CNN is cooking something up to attempt to falsify this. Anyway, great great job, Fox.

PatriotnMore
04-02-2009, 7:45 AM
I think this is a far better assessment of what really going on, then most of the other media sources are reporting.

"The predominant source of guns in Mexico is Central and South America. You also have Russian, Chinese and Israeli guns. It's estimated that over 100,000 soldiers deserted the army to work for the drug cartels, and that ignores all the police. How many of them took their weapons with them?"

The fact that a large percentage of guns in Mexico, are American made is no surprise. The U.S Military sold them to Mexico, and other South American countries with the blessing of the Congress and Senate most of the time. Other times without their blessing, with programs being run by Ollie North (Iran Contra), and other covert programs being run by the CIA, and past Presidents.

So, again I say yeah, so what! If the administration wants to point a finger, they can start and end in D.C. Whatever trickle of illegal weapons ends up in Mexico due to private smuggling is moot, in the overall picture.

1BigPea
04-02-2009, 7:49 AM
The 90% claim was just waiting to be shot down...Glad it finally happened! What a bunch of BS.

wash
04-02-2009, 8:17 AM
But Tom Diaz, senior policy analyst at the Violence Policy Center, called the "90 percent" issue a red herring and said that it should not detract from the effort to stop gun trafficking into Mexico.

What?

Well not really, I expect this kind of nonsense from them. This is just their deranged version of damage control when confronting facts that directly contradict everything they say.

PatriotnMore
04-02-2009, 8:30 AM
What?

Well not really, I expect this kind of nonsense from them. This is just their deranged version of damage control when confronting facts that directly contradict everything they say.

Agreed, the guy is a douche bag, and so is their politics. That answer right there explains the whole of the effort. Any lie is useful in obtaining the goal.

rrr70
04-02-2009, 8:32 AM
Any lie is useful in obtaining the goal.

+1:thumbsup:

Texas Boy
04-02-2009, 8:57 AM
Great report! So how do we spread the word, get the truth in the open, and force our politicians to stop making false statements? Unfortunately the truth has seldom been a deterrent in politics....

1BigPea
04-02-2009, 9:00 AM
Great report! So how do we spread the word, get the truth in the open, and force our politicians to stop making false statements? Unfortunately the truth has seldom been a deterrent in politics....

Sadly we probably won't see this reported on any mainstream media outlet other than Fox, but I do hope I'm wrong. Getting the word out is a great idea...

PatriotnMore
04-02-2009, 9:02 AM

You have the internet, if you belong to multiple forums, post them there, and encourage others to do the same with the forums they participate on. We would like the mainstream media, but we don't need them to get the word out.

6172crew
04-02-2009, 9:07 AM
I changed your title to the thread to keep the duped threads down.:thumbsup:

Mulay El Raisuli
04-02-2009, 9:20 AM
Sadly we probably won't see this reported on any mainstream media outlet other than Fox, but I do hope I'm wrong. Getting the word out is a great idea...

Actually, KGTV Channel 10 in San Diego had their own report last night. Had their own gun expert & ran the story at the top of the news (which means they pushed the story a lot during the evening shows).

To my complete surprise, it pointed out the fact that the vast majority of guns do indeed come from Congressionally approved sales. They also said that 1,200 Mexican soldiers desert each & every month, taking their guns with them. In short, they shot down the "90%" myth pretty thoroughly.

To see this on a mainstream station just about floored me.

The Raisuli

aileron
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM
"90 percent" issue a red herring and said that it should not detract from the effort to stop gun trafficking into Mexico.

"Let's do what we can with what we know," he said. "We know that one hell of a lot of firearms come from the United States because our gun market is wide open."

What is laughable is he knowingly used it as a red herring and the next statement out of his mouth is again a red herring.

04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
The only downside is that nobody takes Fox news seriously.

spyderco monkey
04-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, make it rain

Cru Jones
04-02-2009, 1:56 PM
Okay, time for Feinstein and Clinton to publicly apologize and print retractions for using the 90% LIE.

Not holding my breath.

sgtbuck
04-02-2009, 3:17 PM
Actually, KGTV Channel 10 in San Diego had their own report last night. Had their own gun expert & ran the story at the top of the news (which means they pushed the story a lot during the evening shows).

To my complete surprise, it pointed out the fact that the vast majority of guns do indeed come from Congressionally approved sales. They also said that 1,200 Mexican soldiers desert each & every month, taking their guns with them. In short, they shot down the "90%" myth pretty thoroughly.

To see this on a mainstream station just about floored me.

The Raisuli

Me too, I saw it last night and almost fel over. I still can't belive it but yes it's true.

jjperl
04-02-2009, 3:25 PM
At least someone in the MSM is on it. Thank goodness.

1BigPea
04-02-2009, 3:28 PM
At least someone in the MSM is on it. Thank goodness.

Yah, let's see what happens tonight on the news...i'll flip through the Nightly News Channels and Cable News, even the dreaded CNN and MSNBC and see what comes up.

Uhh...actually, I won't do MSNBC, I just can't...

Bizcuits
04-02-2009, 3:33 PM
Glad to see at least one news agency got it right!