PDA

View Full Version : it appears as if the 2nd Circuit has a lot of guncases coming up, good or bad for us?

gunsmith
03-31-2009, 1:10 PM
http://ycgg.org/legal_pg.html

I do not know enough about law and my pc can not open pdf without crashing, so I'm not sure if these are incorporation or not.

But any Circuit Court gun case is important, right?

gunsmith
03-31-2009, 6:53 PM
bump, the 2nd Circuit gave us maloney v cuomo, one of these could slip under the radar and slip us up

yellowfin
03-31-2009, 8:21 PM
A problem seems to be that the NY legal front for RKBA is either scattered and disorganized, and ineffective in total or really ineffective at communicating with us to let us know what's going on. They could really use some pointers from the guys here.

7x57
03-31-2009, 9:19 PM
A problem seems to be that the NY legal front for RKBA is either scattered and disorganized, and ineffective in total or really ineffective at communicating with us to let us know what's going on. They could really use some pointers from the guys here.

Calguns seems to be uniquely effective, but I haven't noticed it being duplicated.

Hmm. S'pose the way to do that would be to start a subforum for another state here, when there is some level of support (I'd gladly participate in a Montana forum, for example, and have family in Oklahoma and Wyoming as well). The goal would be to let it grow to the point where spinning it off as an independent forum would be justified.

The point of doing it this way would be to get them involved with the main Calguns fora long enough to learn the lessons already learned here, because a lot of them may not be so obvious:

* Read your state laws yourself, in detail, over and over, with other people.

* Identify the state's top firearms lawyers and adventuresome FFLs, so when you find an interesting possibility you have good legal advice and FFLs willing to back you.

* Know about your state's variant of "underground regulation" and how to use it.

* Instant feedback is powerful--you can raise a lot of money for a cause people really have an emotional connection with when your communication is fast and transparent.

Stuff like that. Somehow, I think exposure to a successful example would help, and I don't see why Calguns can't have a conscious policy of encouraging reproduction.

Reproduction of the *forum*, you reprobates. :eek:

ETA: OK, I just tossed that off, but it actually sounds interesting. Let's call it a serious proposal.

7x57