PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Draganov or Romanian PSL Sniper rifle.

cgseanp1
03-30-2009, 7:40 PM
I am comfortable with AR laws, but no nothing really of AK laws. Is the draganov or PSL sniper rifle an AK type rifle? They look like it so i'd assume they are. Are they legal? Since they only come with 10 round mags, do they need a bullet button? I want to get one because it shoots the 7.62x54r ammo, which I have a lot of, and it's cheap. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also, what other guns shoot the 762X54r ammo, other than this gun and the mosins? Thanks

Rukus
03-30-2009, 8:13 PM
Yes you do need a mag lock, Raddlock makes them.

edward
03-30-2009, 8:18 PM
PKMs and other such light/medium machine guns shoot 7.62 Rimmed, but you're not likely to get one of those. ;)

I heard a while ago that Izhmash was thinking of making their Saiga rifles in 7.62 Rimmed, much in the same way they make them in 7.62 nato, 12ga, etc.

Also there is the SVT 40.

Besides those, mosins, and the PSL/SVD type rifles I don't know anymore.

cgseanp1
03-30-2009, 8:19 PM
Yes you do need a mag lock, Raddlock makes them.

cool, thanks. Are there certain models that are banned that I should look out for, like the AR's?

b.faust
03-30-2009, 8:21 PM
Well, for a real Russian Dragunov you'll need three things.

1. Someone willing to sell theirs.

2. About 10-12k.

3. A raddlock to put on it. (which is kind of sacrilege on a weapon like that)

Since they don't import them anymore they're collectors items.

B.

cgseanp1
03-30-2009, 8:26 PM
Well, for a real Russian Dragunov you'll need three things.

1. Someone willing to sell theirs.

2. About 10-12k.

3. A raddlock to put on it. (which is kind of sacrilege on a weapon like that)

Since they don't import them anymore they're collectors items.

B.

Guess I'm not getting a "real" one then!! :( so the ones for 1k are what?

Rukus
03-30-2009, 8:29 PM
They are romanian PSL's. Often referred to in sales as "Dragunovs or Romanian Dragunovs". Someone else may chime in here if i'm wrong but I believe true Dragunovs were russian. I do believe however that the PSL is based off the AK action...basically a much cheaper alternative to a real Dragunov. The big downside is that PSL's vary greatly in quality, or so I've read...hope this helps

69Mach1
03-30-2009, 8:34 PM
Great place to learn:
http://www.dragunov.net/

Lots of info there.

Hoop
03-30-2009, 9:00 PM
Raddlock or panda's lock.

Classicarms has a few in stock, they will ship to Cali. It'll ship here without the stock attached to it, if you can work a screwdriver you can put it back on yourself. Use only light ball (150 grain ammo) and clean it after every range trip.

They aren't particularly accurate, but I hit clay pigeons at 200 yards every time.

Oh yeah, I love it :)

Gofasterdammit
03-30-2009, 9:11 PM
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento had one (PSL). $1,100 I believe. This was nearly two weeks ago so it's probably sitting in someone's safe right now.

supersonic
03-30-2009, 11:27 PM
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento had one (PSL). $1,100 I believe. This was nearly two weeks ago so it's probably sitting in someone's safe right now.

Still there as of Friday. A bit rough, in my opinion. That's the only thing that stopped me from buying it. Oh, and they're still about $800 at Classic Arms (although you would have to *hope* they ship to Ca. & *trust* them on their description of quality (the picture - if that's the one for sale - looks sa-weeeet).