PDA

View Full Version : HELP! - Need some advice

zzxy1825
03-30-2009, 5:38 PM
Hello All - I just registered for this site in hope of getting some unofficial advice.

I am a resident of another state & recently sold some hi-capacity magazines to a resident of CA. I had a number of online sales going at the same time (5 or 6) & I wasn't even thinking when I slapped the address label on the box & took it to the P.O.

My questions are: What should I do now? I talked to the postal outlet that shipped my package to see if I could 'recall' it & they just sort of looked at me & said "No". As expected. Should I call the CA DOJ and give them a heads' up? I will totally accept all responsibility as it was an honest mistake - though I can't vouch for the buyer. My LAST intention was to break any law & I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it. I've been to the CA DOJ website and there isn't much in the way of 'what-if scenarios'.

Any ideas? :confused: :(

Thanks

Pronghorn
03-30-2009, 5:45 PM
I don't believe the CA DOJ can do anything to you. As far as telling them? You just did.:rolleyes:

6172crew
03-30-2009, 5:47 PM
If the buyer has a high cap mag already it can be re-built from new parts. Why would you call the .gov? To help:rolleyes:.

Bizcuits
03-30-2009, 5:56 PM
I don't want to spread FUD, but

It is possible that the purchaser may of been a Law enforcement Officer, a HiCap vendor, a service member who isn't a resident, or a security company eligible for hicap magazines.

truthseeker
03-30-2009, 6:08 PM
Yeah, don't you remember the buyer told you that before he ordered?;)

Fjold
03-30-2009, 6:15 PM
The buyer is the importer. I would recommend contacting him and telling him that you made a mistake and have to have the magazines sent back.

kajvid
03-30-2009, 6:21 PM

It is possible that the purchaser may of been a Law enforcement Officer, a HiCap vendor, a service member who isn't a resident, or a security company eligible for hicap magazines.

Or ATF or DOJ trying to sting someone into shipping "hi-cap" <(stupid word) mags.

Sticky wicket that you just announced on a public forum!

SJgunguy24
03-30-2009, 6:21 PM
The black helicopters are on thier way:eek:

JK
I wouldn't worry about it. Next time if a CA resident wants to buy repair kits just take the spring out and ship everything.

zzxy1825
03-30-2009, 7:15 PM

It's possible, not sure.

zzxy1825
03-30-2009, 7:16 PM
The buyer is the importer. I would recommend contacting him and telling him that you made a mistake and have to have the magazines sent back.

Thanks for the tip. I will try this.