PDA

View Full Version : Paul Helmke, talks about Gun Trafficking from US border States.

aileron
03-30-2009, 5:32 AM
Nice... So he's working overtime.

8pj13lXse3Q

Wonder where he gets his data. Almost everything I have read from him has been a lie, so I'm pretty confident this isn't factual either.

But I'd like to see his data.

Curtis
03-30-2009, 6:40 AM
I found the entire report at http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pdf/reports/exporting-gun-violence.pdf

My favorite source: "Data from Mexico Attorney General's office."

vladbutsky
03-30-2009, 7:36 AM
Look at the list of sources in the end notes for his data: CNN, USA Today, blah blah blah...
There is not a single real source out there!

xLusi0n
03-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Was Wikipedia a source?

Hoop
03-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Was Wikipedia a source?

At least wikipedia has a measure of fact-checking, ie edited by readers.

RRangel
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
With the ability of today's alternative media at anyone's finger tips, organizations, and people like Paul Helmke are easily exposed. I'd like to see some information on where this top down organization gets their funding to do our society such a disservice. Something tells me the usual enemies of freedom big donors are at play.

Racefiend
03-30-2009, 10:48 AM
What? We're supplying Mexican bandits too?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9HaR-XEG47k/SFt7tgfFS4I/AAAAAAAAAW0/c0mfFc_wiAU/s400/20060418-stinkin_badges_bandito_1.jpg
We don't need no stinkin semi-automatics

yellowfin
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
With the ability of today's alternative media at anyone's finger tips, organizations, and people like Paul Helmke are easily exposed. I'd like to see some information on where this top down organization gets their funding to do our society such a disservice. Something tells me the usual enemies of freedom big donors are at play.

Joyce Foundation and Soros. Interestingly enough, the Bradys are a tax exempt organization, yet this VIOLATES their status. Hey Gene, what's the procedure for official complaint (i.e. charge) for tax code violations? Almost everything they do violates it, yet they're never prosecuted.

bulgron
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
If I go to Arizona and try to buy a gun, I can't because I don't live in Arizona. Is that a federal law, or a California law?

Just curious.

Assuming it's federal, what more does this doofus want? They've got all the laws that any reasonable person could possibly ask for (and then some). Just enforce the damn things.

yellowfin
03-30-2009, 11:12 AM
It's state for rifle, federal for pistol. Both waived for C&R guns with a C&R license.

RRangel
03-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Joyce Foundation and Soros. Interestingly enough, the Bradys are a tax exempt organization, yet this VIOLATES their status. Hey Gene, what's the procedure for official complaint (i.e. charge) for tax code violations? Almost everything they do violates it, yet they're never prosecuted.

I'm not so knowledgeable on specifics, but they are a 501(c) non-charity lobby group. They do have a large portion of their funding that comes from membership dues, donations, even royalties and investments. The bulk of it comes from the donations, and dues.

The BBB has as report on some of this information:

http://charityreports.bbb.org/public/Report.aspx?CharityID=1137&bureauID=9999#charFinancial

yellowfin
03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
^ And interestingly enough, the BBB supposedly holds them to ethical standards. I am yet to find a single ethical standard as normally defined to which they adhere.