PDA

View Full Version : where is the outcry to ban steak knives???

bubbapug1
03-29-2009, 8:43 PM
Where is the outcry to ban steak knives? Its obvious to me they are truly horrific weapons which we must register and regulate to prevent any further senseless mass murders!! :D

MILTON, Mass. (March 29) -- A man on a rampage fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister, decapitated his 5-year-old sister in front of a police officer and then headed toward his 9-year-old sister before officers shot him amid what their chief described as "a killing field."
There is no clear motive yet for the events that unfolded about 5 p.m. Saturday in this tony Boston suburb that is also home to Gov. Deval Patrick. But there is no doubt at the carnage wrought by 23-year-old Kerby Revelus against his three sisters in the two-family home they shared with their parents and grandmother.

lioneaglegriffin
03-29-2009, 9:17 PM
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! :p

don't forget about that Japanese guy that went on a stabbing spree.

Dr Rockso
03-29-2009, 9:40 PM
In England
http://media.nowpublic.net/images//e1/9/e198929d4e41bc09ee124a512723fb2c.jpg

B.D.Dubloon
03-29-2009, 9:44 PM
In England
http://media.nowpublic.net/images//e1/9/e198929d4e41bc09ee124a512723fb2c.jpg

I wonder how hard it will be for some Limey ****s to cut a hole in that thing and make off with the hundreds of deadly assault weapons inside:D It is probably a Frost Cutlery bonanza in there.

SmokinMr2
03-29-2009, 9:45 PM
22 killed and 132 wounded..

Oh wait..that was a soccer game....
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9394900/22-killed-at-stampede-at-match-in-Ivory-Coast?MSNHPHMA

Dr Rockso
03-29-2009, 9:47 PM
I wonder how hard it will be for some Limey ****s to cut a hole in that thing and make off with the hundreds of deadly assault weapons inside:D It is probably a Frost Cutlery bonanza in there.
I can't seriously think that anybody would drop anything in those bins. If someone really wanted to throw a knife away they could just toss it in the trash can.

Seesm
03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
I think if one was going to go banana's and kill people why not be a actual bad a*s and kill them with a "Plastic" SPORK? :)

JoeC
03-29-2009, 11:06 PM
If I didn't have a gun and I wanted to kill people I'd get a car and drive through a shopping center. It would be a lot harder to stop me before lots of carnage was made.

So we should ban cars too.

ZirconJohn
03-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Where is the outcry to ban steak knives? Its obvious to me they are truly horrific weapons which we must register and regulate to prevent any further senseless mass murders!! :D...

Baseball bats, swimming pools, plastic bags, 5 gallon buckets, tire irons, and motorcycles while they at it! These things are killers!

Oh but let these :censored: convicted felons, murderers, rapists and psycho nut cases out of prison because they need a hug!:banghead:

glockwise2000
03-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Don't forget the copper pipes. They could kill too. Geez.

CalNRA
03-30-2009, 12:10 AM
You guys are way off.

During the Khmer Rouge regime, in order to save bullets(or to prevent the kids from taking over), the commies gave kids spades and bamboo sticks and let them loose on the people they deemed untrustworthy(you know, dangerous people like those who knew a foreign language, wore glasses, having a relative outside of the country, etc). Millions of people were killed by bamboo sticks and spades.

The solution is obvious.

Bizcuits
03-30-2009, 12:21 AM
If I didn't have a gun and I wanted to kill people I'd get a car and drive through a shopping center. It would be a lot harder to stop me before lots of carnage was made.

So we should ban cars too.

Obviously you didn't play Grand Theft Auto for the story line

lioneaglegriffin
03-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Obviously you didn't play Grand Theft Auto for the story line

who does? :43:

i just love getting enough stars to steal a tank. :chris:

bill104
03-30-2009, 1:01 PM
I lost all My steak Knives in a boating accident, but i still have my slingshot, and theres plenty of rocks on the ground, oh fudge now there going to ban gravel plants. now my slingshot is home made, should I register it as a black weapon.

CowboyShooter
03-30-2009, 1:04 PM
I lost all My steak Knives in a boating accident, but i still have my slingshot, and theres plenty of rocks on the ground, oh fudge now there going to ban gravel plants. now my slingshot is home made, should I register it as a black weapon.

you can keep your slingshot as long as it's registered... then of course the government will ban rubber tubing, so it will be rendered inoperable.

:D

beerup949
03-30-2009, 1:05 PM
Why don't we ban shoes too?!?!? Remember that guy that threw his shoes at President Bush? Maybe I should call the DOJ and register my calculator because I think I'm gonna throw this thing at my bosses head.

CSACANNONEER
03-30-2009, 4:04 PM
The City of NY did ban ALL fixed blade knives X" once. It only lasted until the Mayor went to dinner and asked for a knife to cut his steak with. They gave him a butter knife and told him that it was illegal to give him a steak knife. So, you're not the first one to think of it. It's already happened at least once!

jamesob
03-30-2009, 5:34 PM
can you imagine the paperwork involved in registrering knives, all those damn serial numbers. total ban would be involved.

Captain Evilstomper
03-30-2009, 5:51 PM
The City of NY did ban ALL fixed blade knives X" once. It only lasted until the Mayor went to dinner and asked for a knife to cut his steak with. They gave him a butter knife and told him that it was illegal to give him a steak knife. So, you're not the first one to think of it. It's already happened at least once!

really? that's my new favorite story. do you have a source or any other info on this?

CnCFunFactory
03-30-2009, 5:54 PM
It is probably a Frost Cutlery bonanza in there.

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!

SimpleCountryActuary
03-30-2009, 7:03 PM
can you imagine the paperwork involved in registrering knives, all those damn serial numbers. total ban would be involved.

Here in LA City there's a law against concealed hunting knives and folding knives with a blade more than three inches long. The purpose is to turn law abiding citizens into criminals by the length of their ... knife.

Nordyke could change all that. In the meantime we in LA City are stuck being governed by a bunch of three inchers.:50:

SVT_Fox
03-30-2009, 7:54 PM
here is my liberal progressive idea

every crime committed involves hands, we should just chop off all hands at birth, then BAM, no more crime at all !!!!

right????

HAHAHHAHAHAH

LOL

lioneaglegriffin
03-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Here in LA City there's a law against concealed hunting knives and folding knives with a blade more than three inches long. The purpose is to turn law abiding citizens into criminals by the length of their ... knife.

Nordyke could change all that. In the meantime we in LA City are stuck being governed by a bunch of three inchers.:50:

um... what?

Los Angeles Municipal Code

SEC. 55.10. CARRY KNIVES OR DAGGERS IN PLAIN VIEW PROHIBITED.
(Added by Ord. No. 162,995, Eff. 1/7/88.)

(a) As used in this section, the term knife or dagger shall include any knife, dirk or dagger having a blade 3 inches or more in length, any ice pick or similar sharp tool, any straight edge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle.

(b) No person shall wear or carry in plain view any knife or dagger upon any public street or other public place or in any place open to the public.

(c) The prohibitions of this section shall not apply where a person is wearing or carrying a knife or dagger for use in a lawful occupation, for lawful recreational purposes, or as a recognized religious practice, or while the person is traveling to or returning from participation in such activity.
has nothing to do with concealed carry.

i find this site helpful:http://www.ninehundred.net/~equalccw/knifelaw.html

eijjie33
03-30-2009, 11:10 PM
:eek: i thouht only lead pipes kills people. :DDon't forget the copper pipes. They could kill too. Geez.

shirow
03-30-2009, 11:55 PM
They gotta ban hands too, my hands are deadly weapons.

ldivinag
03-30-2009, 11:57 PM
let's ban people...

remember, guns dont kill people.. people kill people...

oh wait... we have laws about that already. silly me.

[/sarcasm]

Captain Evilstomper
03-31-2009, 12:43 PM
um... what?
Los Angeles Municipal Code

SEC. 55.10. CARRY KNIVES OR DAGGERS IN PLAIN VIEW PROHIBITED.
(Added by Ord. No. 162,995, Eff. 1/7/88.)

(a) As used in this section, the term knife or dagger shall include any knife, dirk or dagger having a blade 3 inches or more in length, any ice pick or similar sharp tool, any straight edge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle.

(b) No person shall wear or carry in plain view any knife or dagger upon any public street or other public place or in any place open to the public.

(c) The prohibitions of this section shall not apply where a person is wearing or carrying a knife or dagger for use in a lawful occupation, for lawful recreational purposes, or as a recognized religious practice, or while the person is traveling to or returning from participation in such activity.

has nothing to do with concealed carry.

i find this site helpful:http://www.ninehundred.net/~equalccw/knifelaw.html

and what's even better? there is state law that says you can't carry any fixed blade knife concealed, and in LA you can't carry it in plain view.
I, for one, feel so much better that they have banned 'Assault Knives.'
why don't they just ban violent thoughts?

TheBundo
03-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I voluntarily registered mine

SimpleCountryActuary
03-31-2009, 6:57 PM
and what's even better? there is state law that says you can't carry any fixed blade knife concealed, and in LA you can't carry it in plain view.

Next ... a butter knife ban. Gotta stop them before they clog their arteries. And those handles are heavy and could cause boo boos if dropped on your toes. But even now if the butter knife is more than three inches long you can't carry it open in LA or concealed in California.

lioneaglegriffin
03-31-2009, 7:54 PM

yes this effectively bans any knife locked in the open position or a fixed blade.

leaving us with 1.9" auto's or folders (in folded posistion.) I have both. So i can't carry this: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sarsam_2045_21012566
but i can carry this: http://www.tacticalcarbon.com/shop/images/BM630.jpg

just like gun laws our knife laws can make little sense. :cool:

wyomingite
04-01-2009, 8:05 AM
Knives, rocks, cars, or any other "non-gun" weapon is no match for O'bamas storm troopers carrying M16s. Big brother only needs to take away our guns, then he can start teaching us "newspeak".

rrr70
04-01-2009, 8:06 AM
We need to ban people.

lioneaglegriffin
04-01-2009, 8:33 AM
Knives, rocks, cars, or any other "non-gun" weapon is no match for O'bamas storm troopers carrying M16s. Big brother only needs to take away our guns, then he can start teaching us "newspeak".

lets see, rocks... ask an israeli. cars:see Iraq-VBIED. There are alot of non-gun weapons that can put you in a world of hurt namely explosives. A insurgency is not just fought with guns.

SimpleCountryActuary
04-01-2009, 6:46 PM
yes this effectively bans any knife locked in the open position or a fixed blade.

leaving us with 1.9" auto's or folders (in folded posistion.) I have both. So i can't carry this: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sarsam_2045_21012566
but i can carry this: http://www.tacticalcarbon.com/shop/images/BM630.jpg

just like gun laws our knife laws can make little sense. :cool:

The first one would make a great butter knife!:thumbsup:

lioneaglegriffin
04-01-2009, 8:19 PM
The first one would make a great butter knife!:thumbsup:

i bet i cuts BG's like butter too. ;)

zenbubu
04-02-2009, 6:17 AM
How about banning neckties, they've been chocking people for years...

lioneaglegriffin
04-02-2009, 11:21 AM
How about banning neckties, they've been chocking people for years...

i sense a hippe...:chris:

DDT
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Looks like we'll have to outlaw pickaxes too now.

Captain Evilstomper
04-02-2009, 1:34 PM
gods people! we are missing a giant killer in our midst!

CARS!!! do you know how many people die in car accidents every year?
:p

Table Rock Arms
04-02-2009, 2:06 PM
Eating too much steak kills more people every year than steak knives or guns combined.

vf111
04-02-2009, 2:13 PM
CARS!!! do you know how many people die in car accidents every year?
:p

Well, some genius is trying to ban black cars.

rrr70
04-02-2009, 2:23 PM
Well, some genius is trying to ban black cars.

Say what?

zenbubu
04-02-2009, 3:06 PM
i sense a hippe...:chris:

Not at all.... just a guy with a neck full of shaving bumps...

lioneaglegriffin
04-02-2009, 4:16 PM
Not at all.... just a guy with a neck full of shaving bumps...

ok i thought you might have been one of thes "my tie is a symbol of oppression" types.