PDA

View Full Version : IO SR41 receiver not legal in CA?

timdps
03-29-2009, 6:43 PM
Ordered a long barreled (16+") SR41 receiver From Interordnance and just found out that they did not ship it because the DOJ has told them that it is not legal in California.

http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IO&Product_Code=SR41REC-BLACK&Category_Code=sr41

Sounds like FUD or perhaps an underground regulation?

I'm pretty certain the receiver could be built into a legal semi-auto rifle.

Tim

redneckshootist
03-29-2009, 7:13 PM
its not on the AW list. I think it may be fud cause it can be configured to be legal

B Strong
03-29-2009, 7:30 PM
Ordered a long barreled (16+") SR41 receiver From Interordnance and just found out that they did not ship it because the DOJ has told them that it is not legal in California.

http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IO&Product_Code=SR41REC-BLACK&Category_Code=sr41

Sounds like FUD or perhaps an underground regulation?

I'm pretty certain the receiver could be built into a legal semi-auto rifle.

Tim

IO just doesn't want to ship to California. I went the rounds with them years back over an ammo and parts order, and since them I wouldn't make water on them if they were on fire.

You're probably better off without it.

If you can't live without it contact freakshow10mm and see if he can get it for you, and while he has it he could most likely take care of whatever problems it will have, coming from IO, you can bet it will.

timdps
03-29-2009, 8:17 PM
IO just doesn't want to ship to California. I went the rounds with them years back over an ammo and parts order, and since them I wouldn't make water on them if they were on fire.

You're probably better off without it.

If you can't live without it contact freakshow10mm and see if he can get it for you, and while he has it he could most likely take care of whatever problems it will have, coming from IO, you can bet it will.

They just shipped me a MG34 blank firing barrel so I don't think the issue is really about shipping to CA...

Its only the receiver. From what i have read, problems with the SR41s come from the bolt and FCG, not the receiever, which is a pretty simple piece.