PDA

View Full Version : Thank Assembly Member Steve Knight re: AB-357

Dirtbozz
03-29-2009, 6:33 PM
Please go to the link below (a direct link to his e-mail contact page) and show your support for AB-357.

When you click on the "subject" drop down menu, you will see a reference to AB-357. Nothing else is listed. This tells me he is looking for documented support of his bill.

http://republican.assembly.ca.gov/member/36/?p=email

Quiet
03-29-2009, 6:48 PM
Done. :thumbsup:

timmyb21
03-29-2009, 6:48 PM
Done. Everyone here shoudl do the same. Thanks for the link.

JoeC
03-29-2009, 6:52 PM
What are the specifics of this bill? It says on the email page "create an equitable process for all CCW". Does that mean make it easier to obtain a CCW permit?

Anyhoo, I went ahead and emailed him saying I support it per the the suggestion here.

Librarian
03-29-2009, 6:55 PM
What are the specifics of this bill? It says on the email page "create an equitable process for all CCW". Does that mean make it easier to obtain a CCW permit?

Anyhoo, I went ahead and emailed him saying I support it per the the suggestion here.

The actual bill language is available at
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=ab_357&sess=0910&house=B&author=knight

You'll like it. :thumbsup:

SDspearo
03-29-2009, 7:19 PM
Done

KylaGWolf
03-29-2009, 7:25 PM
DONE! Thanks for the link.

RP1911
03-29-2009, 7:26 PM
Done.

I am going to send this to the PS Committee members:

If you see glaring mistakes, please let me know.

Dear Assemblymember (name)

I would like to take this opportunity to indicate my support for AB357 (Knight).

I am supporting AB357 because it removes the element of arbitrary decisions of what constitutes ‘good cause’. Especially when campaign contributors or friends or high profile individuals have no problem obtaining CCW permits while the rest of the citizens are denied.

AB357 levels the field. Shall issue states have lower crime rates than non-shall issue states. There are 38 states currently that have shall issue. As a former CCW permit owner, I can attest that permit owners tend to be more cognizant of the fact that they are carrying concealed and avoid situations that could escalate.

Criminals don’t follow the law and obtain and carry firearms illegally. I just like to have the ability to protect myself and my family if and when there is a need to do so. When seconds count, help is minutes away.

Sincerely,

ChuckBooty
03-29-2009, 7:33 PM
Done!

Shotgun Man
03-29-2009, 7:33 PM
Done.

I am going to send this to the PS Committee members:

If you see glaring mistakes, please let me know.

Dear Assemblymember (name)

I would like to take this opportunity to indicate my support for AB357 (Knight).

I am supporting AB357 because it removes the element of arbitrary decisions of what constitutes ‘good cause’. Especially when campaign contributors or friends or high profile individuals have no problem obtaining CCW permits while the rest of the citizens are denied.

AB357 levels the field. Shall issue states have lower crime rates than non-shall issue states. There are 38 states currently that have shall issue. As a former CCW permit owner, I can attest that permit owners tend to be more cognizant of the fact that they are carrying concealed and avoid situations that could escalate.

Criminals don’t follow the law and obtain and carry firearms illegally. I just like to have the ability to protect myself and my family if and when there is a need to do so. When seconds count, help is minutes away.

Sincerely,

Good letter. I would change "I just like [...]" to "I would like [...]." More formal, less familiar.

RP1911
03-29-2009, 7:38 PM
Good letter. I would change "I just like [...]" to "I would like [...]." More formal, less familiar.

Thanks. Would it better to use permit holder or permit owner?

Shotgun Man
03-29-2009, 7:43 PM
Thanks. Would it better to use permit holder or permit owner?

Holder.

AndrewMendez
03-29-2009, 7:43 PM
Done! Thanks for the link!!

Mstrty
03-29-2009, 7:44 PM
Done... As requested

Nodda Duma
03-29-2009, 7:50 PM
Emailed him my support, even though I don't have a CCW permit, nor have interest in obtaining one anytime soon.

-Jason

Electricboy
03-29-2009, 7:51 PM
done

7x57
03-29-2009, 7:53 PM
After filling in the form, I read his bio on the web page. Steve Knight is apparently an LAPD veteran and won't ever need this bill himself.

I'm going to try to remember this for the next time a "the cops are all against us" thread breaks out.

7x57

RP1911
03-29-2009, 7:56 PM
Holder.

Thanks again. English is my 3rd language.

hoffmang
03-29-2009, 8:01 PM
After filling in the form, I read his bio on the web page. Steve Knight is apparently an LAPD veteran and won't ever need this bill himself.

You'd be surprised on that one...

-Gene

beerup949
03-29-2009, 8:02 PM
I sent an e-mail to Steve. Thanks for the link

7x57
03-29-2009, 8:17 PM
You'd be surprised on that one...

Oh? In a good way or a bad way? Should I drop my plan of using him as a counterexample when the "LEO is against us" threads come up?

Recently I've been experiencing firsthand that there are an awful lot of the rank-and-file on our side, so it bugs me. I took a class where the co-instructor (don't know what else to call him) was an LAPD firearms instructor at his day job. When asked at the end of the class what he wanted to say to the students he was the one who asked everyone to please protect "our second amendment rights." It meant more to me coming from someone with a brass pass who isn't subject to at least a few of our problems.

It's the politicians at the top that seem terminally infected with the cancer.

7x57

ad6mj
03-29-2009, 8:20 PM
Done.

jrsportssupply
03-29-2009, 8:27 PM
Added my voice in support of the bill.

radioburning
03-29-2009, 8:46 PM
Done!

truthseeker
03-29-2009, 8:53 PM
I am hesitant to provide my name and address for this since I work for a Government Agency which is probably 80% anti-gun and I am concerned about how this can affect my employment after the fact.

Do I need to be concerned?

RP1911
03-29-2009, 9:06 PM
^^No.

hoffmang
03-29-2009, 9:13 PM
Oh? In a good way or a bad way? Should I drop my plan of using him as a counterexample when the "LEO is against us" threads come up?

On your second part first, you shouldn't worry about using him as an example that not all LEO are against us. You can always use the example of PORAC who is almost always with gun owners opposing crappy CA gun bills.

Let's just say that he was probably personally denied a CCW permit and leave it at that.

-Gene

7x57
03-29-2009, 9:39 PM
On your second part first, you shouldn't worry about using him as an example that not all LEO are against us. You can always use the example of PORAC who is almost always with gun owners opposing crappy CA gun bills.

PORAC?

Let's just say that he was personally denied a CCW permit and leave it at that.

Fine, I probably don't need to know whatever the baggage is.

7x57

hoffmang
03-29-2009, 9:55 PM
PORAC (http://www.porac.org/).

-Gene

Mulay El Raisuli
03-30-2009, 7:52 AM
Done. It's a good start.

The Raisuli

CCWFacts
03-30-2009, 8:10 AM
I sent him a thank-you letter. Don't just send an email, get out an envelope and a stamp and send a letter. A simple: "Dear Assemblyman Knight, Thank you for introducing AB-357!" is all it takes.

Assemblyman Steve Knight
41319 12th Street W, Suite 105
Palmdale, CA 93551

Aegis
03-30-2009, 8:14 AM

Legasat
03-30-2009, 8:21 AM
Hi All,

Noob-y here. I decided to come out of "Lurk" mode and sent both an email and letter thanking Steve. I have also spoken with Assemblywoman Harkey (my Representitive), and she supports this bill also.

Gary

the_donald_
03-30-2009, 8:53 AM
Hi All,

Noob-y here. I decided to come out of "Lurk" mode and sent both an email and letter thanking Steve. I have also spoken with Assemblywoman Harkey (my Representitive), and she supports this bill also.

Gary

Great Start Gary. Welcome.

To the OP, thanks from me for the link. I have previously sent Mr. Knight a thank you letter to his capital & field offices, and now an email through your link.

Let's keep the momentum going.

VW*Mike
03-30-2009, 9:03 AM
Done. Considering what is happening here in Orange county with a liberal wacko "Sheriff" that wasn't even elected, I thanked him for his support and that the largest journey starts with a first step.

rrr70
03-30-2009, 9:10 AM
Done!:thumbsup:

VW*Mike
03-30-2009, 9:12 AM
I also wrote an email inquiring to the the stance of my Representative in my district on the bill.

TregoMark
03-30-2009, 10:43 AM

AMDG
04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Done.

pdq_wizzard
04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Done

Santa Cruz Armory
04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Here's my note to him:

I'd like to take a moment and thank you for your support and push behind this important bill.

Protection of ones self and family are the most basic of rights we value as Americans. Please keep up the fight to see this and other firearm friendly bills through.

Please let me leave you with a quote from Sacramento County Sheriff John McGinness. This is very troubling that he me and my family's safety is "insufficient".

Both McGinness and Reed said that in their counties, simply wanting to carry a concealed weapon isn't good-enough cause.

"Personal protection is insufficient," McGinness said."

Respectfully,

Robert Xxxxxxx

I also wrote an email inquiring to the the stance of my Representative in my district on the bill.

I did as well. I haven't heard back in two weeks...:eek:

heyjerr
04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Done, and I passed it along to all my friends.

Frijolito1988
04-03-2009, 12:17 AM
done.

domokun
04-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I'll thank the man once the bill has been signed by the Governator into law. :)

brassburnz
04-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the link. Now let's see what happens.

rod
04-03-2009, 4:31 AM
I sent him a thank you note too. I wonder if it will mean anything being that I don't live in CA. I guess it won't hurt anything.

50CalAL
04-03-2009, 4:38 AM
Done, thanks for the link :thumbsup:

SoCalLA
04-03-2009, 7:34 AM
Done.

Dirtbozz
04-03-2009, 8:48 AM
When I posted this thread, I was hoping for a good response. You have not let me down. Thank you to all.

Another way to support Steve Knight's efforts is to join Facebook (if you have not already) and get on his "friends list". It is another way to monitor his progress on AB 357. It will also show others that there is a great deal of support for the bill.

I also agree that a letter via snail mail is a great idea.

As just said in a previous post, let's keep the momentum going. Tell your friends about AB 357. Ask them to tell their friends. Etc., Etc.,........................

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

ontmark
04-04-2009, 7:02 AM
Done

sreiter
04-04-2009, 9:57 AM
When I posted this thread, I was hoping for a good response. You have not let me down. Thank you to all.

Another way to support Steve Knight's efforts is to join Facebook (if you have not already) and get on his "friends list". It is another way to monitor his progress on AB 357. It will also show others that there is a great deal of support for the bill.

I also agree that a letter via snail mail is a great idea.

As just said in a previous post, let's keep the momentum going. Tell your friends about AB 357. Ask them to tell their friends. Etc., Etc.,........................

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

how to find him on FB? a lot of steve knights come up on search

bohoki
04-04-2009, 10:50 AM
they really need to take the tact of "we have to stop boondock sherrifs from handing out ccw's that can be used state wide so we must take the authority away from them and have it be a state police issued authority"
of course we should allow them the authority to issue a locally valid permit

then when there is just one agency controlling it there can be one standard for all and easier to fight in a court since any court ruling against the one agency will cause a shift in procedure for all