PDA

View Full Version : NEW TO CALGUNS.NET AND TO GUNS PERIOD

sihondalove
03-29-2009, 2:36 PM
yo hondalove in da house!! im here! just to intro myself....how is everybody?

now can somebody please direct me to the forum where i can read how to get my gun permit, and take a good HSC class? in NORCAL?

Saigon1965
03-29-2009, 3:55 PM
Read up on things on the forum and welcome to gunownership - We don't have a so call gun permit in CA - Long rifles can be bought if you're +18 - In order to purchase handguns you would need to take the HSC and be +21 - There are not really a class - You'll have a handbook to study from - These tests can be taken at any FFL dealers -

BIGCHRIS
03-29-2009, 7:44 PM
When my wife and I bought our guns we went to Sportsman warehouse in Rocklin CA, they offered the test right there and they have great prices.

sihondalove
03-30-2009, 11:19 AM
so you dont need a permit to have a gun in your house?

and whats a FFL dealer?

thanks for your guys help so far

btw im 24years old....

ivanimal
03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
The second Amendment insures you right to keep and bear arms. Please read up on responsible gun ownership. Learn about safety, and always strive to make gun owners proud that you are among us.

Ask questions to your hearts content. Try searches before posting them.

Welcome to the forum.

Turbinator
03-30-2009, 2:26 PM
Welcome aboard, sihondalove. Is there anyone near you who could help guide you through the maze of gun ownership? A mentor type person? Sounds like you have a lot of ground to cover, which isn't a bad thing, but having someone around in person who can steer you right is probably a good thing. Where in Norcal are you?

Turby

sirnonz
03-30-2009, 3:05 PM
where in nor cal are you? im in the san leandro area and i got my HSC from Traders Sport. you can purchase a rifle/shotgun without the HSC but for a handgun you need to first get your HSC.

Saigon1965
03-30-2009, 3:12 PM
Post a location then guys close to you can help -

sihondalove
03-31-2009, 4:25 AM
im in santa rosa, 1 hr north of SF

and hell yah, i would love a mentor of some type, problem is im a loser with no gun friends......well friends period......oh how sad

Turbinator
04-03-2009, 10:32 AM
im in santa rosa, 1 hr north of SF

and hell yah, i would love a mentor of some type, problem is im a loser with no gun friends......well friends period......oh how sad

Well, this is a start. Let's see if anyone nearby can help you out now that you've shared your location. Sorry, I'm not in your area, otherwise I'd help out.

Turby

sirnonz
04-03-2009, 4:58 PM
start here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=aqZ&q=handgun+safety+santa+rosa&btnG=Search

then get a gun!